Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:13 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
"...scavenging, you don't say... I will make first contact, and try to talk with the giant. Worst case, I die, you lot live and can run or fight. Best case, I barter with the guy."

Dusting himself off, Ruin would take his sun rod and walk towards the beast.

"Oie, You speak common?" And following in elvish "Elven?" "I wish to trade."

I want to point out though the Giant heading in your direction he is still several hundred yards away at this moment with a lot of debris laying between you and him. It would take some time and concerted effort to reach him.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:17 pm
Oh, Will scrap the final line.

Fixed  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:38 am
I just wanted to comment, I don't use experience for leveling up, as I have found it to turn adventures into bloodthirsty killers. Instead, I grant levels upon reaching certain milestones in the story. So, getting experience should not be one of your motivations for fighting the Formosan.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:55 am
Kowsauni
I just wanted to comment, I don't use experience for leveling up, as I have found it to turn adventures into bloodthirsty killers. Instead, I grant levels upon reaching certain milestones in the story. So, getting experience should not be one of your motivations for fighting the Formosan.

I personally know that. I want to fight it because it's

User Image  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Kowsauni
((Everyone Roll Initiative!))

Southern Cross Nemesis
(We already have)

Haha, yeah. The paladin heard "slaver" and I didn't waste any time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:09 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
((Everyone Roll Initiative!))

Southern Cross Nemesis
(We already have)

Haha, yeah. The paladin heard "slaver" and I didn't waste any time.

biggrin
Yeap, and I will blame the paladin's slow initiative on his armor.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:57 pm
Okay, once AlpahbetFish is able to get the map up well start the fight! Any word when Ilikan will be up for playing again?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:23 pm
Kowsauni
Okay, once AlpahbetFish is able to get the map up well start the fight! Any word when Ilikan will be up for playing again?

My message to him 10 days ago is still unread. Sorry.

Have him guard Irene?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm
How would you like me to NPC Ilikan in combat until Fish can get back. Would you like him to tank, or just try to add on some damage?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:25 pm
Kowsauni
How would you like me to NPC Ilikan in combat until Fish can get back. Would you like him to tank, or just try to add on some damage?

As a defender, I do not need him to tank.

I will let Mongooseh and SCN respond about any doubts they have to dish out sufficient damage.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:03 pm
I will not turn away more damage. That said, it may take a round or two of set up, but as long as side by side distances can be maintained and he hits Ruin can pull off 24 plus points of damage a round before the dice are rolled. With an additional 15, if the tank can't keep the monster off of him... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:18 am
iirc Illikan's tanking is low damage, high condition infliction vs Revenge's damage and debuffs. With single target I think Illikan as main tank could be better.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:57 am
PupSage
iirc Illikan's tanking is low damage, high condition infliction vs Revenge's damage and debuffs. With single target I think Illikan as main tank could be better.

Ilikan and Revenge do the same amount of damage according to our sheets, but Ilikan does more once the target becomes slowed. And yes, he's better at marking multiple enemies compared to my one enemy. But Revenge is better built about locking down a single, stronger enemy, which is what it looks like we're about to face. And having 2 characters attempting to mark 1 enemy creates a conflict of interest.

In a pinch, if it focuses another character Ruin anyways, I can forgo my okay dps to issue out temp HPs instead.

(Revenge is also good at dealing with saving-throw-inducing foes, but we tend to get until-end-of-next-turn-condition enemies).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:24 am
Rain Yupa
PupSage

Ilikan and Revenge do the same amount of damage according to our sheets, but Ilikan does more once the target becomes slowed. And yes, he's better at marking multiple enemies compared to my one enemy. But Revenge is better built about locking down a single, stronger enemy, which is what it looks like we're about to face. And having 2 characters attempting to mark 1 enemy creates a conflict of interest.

In a pinch, if it focuses another character Ruin anyways, I can forgo my okay dps to issue out temp HPs instead.

(Revenge is also good at dealing with saving-throw-inducing foes, but we tend to get until-end-of-next-turn-condition enemies).

I was def thinking about slow cheese and immobilization. I get that mark stealing sucks, but that boils down to who last hit it before it gets to attack.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am
The act of Marking is different per Defender, which makes it a little worse than who hit it last. For example, the Knight doesn't mark, at least not in the normal sense, instead lays down an aura that affects all enemy's inside it and triggers off of Opportunity.

The Paladin's Divine Challenge takes a Minor action and requires him to engage with the beast every round. Divine Sanction can be done as part of specific Actions, which hold special rulings over their uses. Both trigger as a free action. Plus, I don't think Revenge has any DS moves.

Warden's Nature's Wrath is a free action and lasts until the end of her next turn. And it's two flavors of pain trigger as an Immediate.

That said, I think we are arguing over 4 or 5 on hit damage points per round difference.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games