Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 am
I meant, if you update with a "Map to come later" map, I won't be able to post until that map actually does show up, simply because I'll need a definite stock of where everyone is. Just as a warning.

Also, this creature's about to take me out of the fight. Not because of hit points (yet), but because he's taking away all my actions. It now has 2 chances a turn to knock me prone and move away. I need 1 action to stand, 1 to move to it, 1 to attack, 1 to challenge.

While I can charge, my MBA is strength-based and has no special effects, so it's going to limit me to an attack that probably won't hit and definitely won't be slowing it down. I think my best tactic may be to stand, challenge, and go defensive. I have a charge encounter which I'll be using as soon as I can, but after that, yeah, probably no more non-challenge damage from me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 am
yeah, I feel ya there, Rain...That's why, especially for a defender or melee-focused character it's always smart to invest in a pair of acrobat's boots. It really help economize actions to be able to stand as a minor action instead of a move.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:56 pm
I have my ice armor as a daily to immobilize someone who prones me before they move away, an encounter ranged implement attack, and an daily charge power. I thought it'd be enough! I even brought 2 javelins, I may need to use 'em.

Normally, I play fighters in 4e, because that seems to be that most groups need a defender by the time I have to decide, and I love fighters. The worst part is, if I were playing a fighter like I'm used to, I could stand, charge, still hit and deal damage and mark for free, negating this problem completely >_<

That'll learn me to experiment out of my comfort zone!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:11 pm
Rain Yupa
I have my ice armor as a daily to immobilize someone who prones me before they move away, an encounter ranged implement attack, and an daily charge power. I thought it'd be enough! I even brought 2 javelins, I may need to use 'em.

Normally, I play fighters in 4e, because that seems to be that most groups need a defender by the time I have to decide, and I love fighters. The worst part is, if I were playing a fighter like I'm used to, I could stand, charge, still hit and deal damage and mark for free, negating this problem completely >_<

That'll learn me to experiment out of my comfort zone!

I was expecting multiple enemies at first ... my build reflects that  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 am
yeah, my build is more adapted towards multiple weaker enemies as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:05 am
Kowsauni

I didn't mark the Razorclaw on my turn.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:38 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

I didn't mark the Razorclaw on my turn.

You don't have to. The mark persists from last round since you engaged Razorclaw on your turn.

Kowsauni
Effect: You mark the target. The mark lasts until you use this power again. The mark also ends at the end of your turn if you didn’t engage the target, meaning you neither attacked it during your turn nor are adjacent to it at the end of your turn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 pm
Oops! Aha! That's how Paladins are different than Fighters!

I've played like, a dozen and change Fighters in 4e, never a Paladin!

Thanks for teaching me something new! ^-^

Since I've been marking it needlessly as minor actions, is it possible for me to retcon this post where I sheath my dagger instead of dropping it?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:49 pm
Rain Yupa
Oops! Aha! That's how Paladins are different than Fighters!

I've played like, a dozen and change Fighters in 4e, never a Paladin!

Thanks for teaching me something new! ^-^

Since I've been marking it needlessly as minor actions, is it possible for me to retcon this post where I sheath my dagger instead of dropping it?

Sure. I wondered why you kept re-marking Razorclaw. That would be a really sucky game mechanic if you had to spend your minor every turn to mark the target. Hope that makes things easier for you now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:54 pm
Kowsauni
Sure. I wondered why you kept re-marking Razorclaw.

Thanks!

Kowsauni
That would be a really sucky game mechanic if you had to spend your minor every turn to mark the target.

Wardens.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 pm
Wardens at least get to do it with a free action, though they do have to remark every turn. I got to be honest, I like the Defender Aura of the essential defenders. I currently am playing a high lever Caviler (paladin) in my wife's game. I multi classed bard to get access to white lotus repository feat. Now I put monsters in a catch 22. They attack an ally, I auto damage them. They attack me, I also auto damage them. Try to shift or move away, again, damage. She hates that character now xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:36 pm
72 ish Hp left and we are doing an average of 64 per round.

I think that we've got this.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:41 am
I Drink Blue Moon

Spectral fade makes you invisible to the end of your turn, not the end of your next turn. You became visible again in the same turn you used it. Just wanted to clear that up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:04 am
I'd totally use my Martyr's Blessing to take the hit for you, Ms. Drink Blue Moon, but you have to actually be adjacent to me for me to take the hit for you.

And the map LIES.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 pm
Yeah sorry about that. It was 2 in the morning when I did that update. We had just got back from our weekend dnd game and I wanted to have the round ready in case people wanted to post while I slept . I fixed the map this morning.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games