Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
Is this guild mostly inactive now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 pm
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral
The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92
I just want to touch base here on a few issues I've noticed come up. (I'm sick so checking everyday has not been easy, so bear with me!)

Starting an extension of this guild will be hard work, yes. As it is now, with everything separated and in all honestly very disorganized, it's hard to do a clean up. I'm in charge of two forums and I've been having issues with what has been done and what hasn't been done. Will we have the history this guild does? No we wont. Times on Gaia are changing and no one new wants to go to an 'old' guild. They want to see something that is more welcoming. I walk in and I see a mess that has gotten out of hand. Even if all of the crews were active and cleaning, that doesn't guarantee a clean start. Condensing and starting fresh would be nice. Having rules set in place for inactivity and just general rules to make it stay active while promoting creative freedom. Most of the members here haven't even posed. I went through the guild members section and I was able to get to page 700 of people that had either never posted before or have only posted once and that was probably for the rules. Who knows how much further I could have gotten before I saw the numbers climb.

Creating an extension of this guild could work. Why pride ourselves on the members we have when half of them don't even post actively? I did another search, based on recent posts. I was able to get to page 5. On page five is where I found a post that was 6 months ago. We only have 5 pages of active rper's at the moment. Of those that are posting regularly. I don't care about having 100 members or even 50 members. What happened to quality before quantity? Having fewer members, but more active role plays is better in my eyes than having thousands of members and few active role plays. The point of a new guild, an extension of this one, would be very useful. It would allow the forums to be clean and orderly. It would flow much better than in here. Even if we were to condense everything, we would have multiple unused forums and to me that makes it look like the activity has gone down. I rather add forums when they are needed rather than shutting them down because there is no use for them and have them hanging there like dead bodies. To me, it's discouraging.

When I first started in this guild there were very few forums. Then it exploded as new leaders took place. It honestly looks like several ideas had been mushed into one. NOW, I'm going to start creating this guild. If the captain doesn't like it (I've given her quite a bit of time to tell me yay or nay) she can tell me to stop and that she doesn't approve. I'm posting this publicly so it can't be me going behind her back. I'll be happy to take up the Captain roll in this and I would love the help of a few people to get threads started.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING, SHOOT ME A SKYPE MESSAGE:: coralxfeirce

I've already got the help of a few people in here and I think it's great that many are optimistic about it.

Now, I want to address everyone that has doubts about this and the pessimistic attitudes. Knock it off. Something will only fail if you let it. Things aren't built to fail. People make it fail. We all have the same love here, so why go against each other. Yes there have been guilds created as an extension. I'm making this the OFFICIAL guild to go to. If I can do it, I'm going to close this one to NEW members only. There are too many forums. Many of which have rps that haven't been posted in for over two years now. That's ridiculous. If the naysayers really think this is going to fail, then by all means, stay here. Why not give a chance to something new! Life is about changing and Gaia is all too familiar with changing things around here.

Now this new guild will not be instant. It will not be up within a day. It's not possible. I'm going to select a few here that really want to see this thing take off. Flawless Fire, I'd like you to be VC in all of this. What I need now is someone that is good with coding and someone that is good with the artistic side of things. (For banners and stuff to promote ^^). QUOTE ME OR SKYPE MESSAGE ME OR PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE THIS NEW GUILD. I can only allow so many people to dip their hands in, so I hope those that wish to help in setting things up would understand.

What would really be helpful is to create a few smaller rps. Maybe for four to six people to join just to get the activity going in the new guild. Having a couple smaller ones that are going and active while having a few that are open and waiting for members would help in drawing people in. It would allow them to see that there are roleplays that need spots filled and they could be the ones to jump on board.
we is not wishing you guild to fail, we is just agree with Novama that their is a very good chance it will fail......(though that dosnt mean it will, you new guild may work very well, and if it dose, we would like to join)

we is no good at making new stuff, so i can't help you with that, but we can join latter and help RP when it up and running.
(is sorry if we seam pessimistic much, we don't mean to be, is just posting ideas, what we think....you did ask...)

I understand those that are disagreeing with this but I feel that it's easier addressing everyone instead of the few that have either PM'd me or statedon here that a new guild will fail. I'm not trying to replace this guild. By no means am I trying to kick this one to the curb and start my own. Not at all. This guild is sinking. I'm not going to sugar coat it. This is a sinking ship and it seems the crew has abandoned it.

So far from what I've seen 'sprucing up' or doing a 'spring cleaning' hasn't helped. Not by a long shot. There have been several of occasions now that have shown that the methods being used and offered aren't working. They. Are. Not. Working. Deleting or moving things around doesn't solve the issue either. We can delete most of everything but the separation of the categories is horrible. It made everything much slower.

Look at this from new eyes. What would you think if you saw 1600 pages of members, 700 or more of which haven't posted in SO LONG that the time stamps aren't even showing anymore. Look at the latest post dates! I was able to go five deep before seeing that it had been six months since someone posted. Six. Months. That's half a year and it's slowly going further and further and further. Active roleplays are drowning in the sea of inactive ones.

Let's say that we did go ahead and move the ones that haven't been posted in for over a year. What then? That will leave a handful? If that. And if we condensed? What would you think coming in here, seeing half the page taken up by unused forums? I wouldn't look highly on that type of guild.

Opening this up for anyone to join isn't going to work. That will allow for more people to join and for even more clutter and quite probably more inactive members. I accept almost everyone that applies. (As long as it isn't a bull s**t app I'm like yeah, come on in-even with the language barriers and lack of literacy if they express a want to better themselves) So obviously opening this up for ANYONE is redundant. I try and weed out those that I feel will be an asset and a draw back.

So far I've been accused of being an enemy. A traitor of sorts. I do not appreciate this at all. I'm trying to help the guild. People want something done, and I'm doing it. You guys keep asking for ideas, keep wanting to see something change yet when I offer it, i'm receiving opposition and to try ways that have been used and have failed, mind you.

The point of this new guild idea isn't to be a separation. It's to update the guild. We can't do that with how separated and overall messy it has become. It's a replacement guild, essentially. It would allow us to draw in the members that actually care enough about this guild, to join in and start down a new path. We can't stick with the old. Nothing stays the same and I'm not trying to drag downt he guild. Not by any means. I'm trying to bring it back to life. This current guild won't cut it.

Let's see... Here is a perfect way of explaining it.

Picture this being a business. When one location fails, do they just give up and keep trying to spruce it up? No. They don't. They find somewhere that will bring in more traffic. They will try and broaden their aspects to a larger consumer group. We are very limited here. We look washed up and old. Sure we can slap a new banner on and throw out 'old inventory' or we can move locations. I'm not trying to kill this guild. Just the opposite really. I'm trying to make it more user friendly. To give it a fresh start with a clean slate where it doesn't look so used and to put it bluntly, dead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:09 am
EucalyptusCoral
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral
The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92
I just want to touch base here on a few issues I've noticed come up. (I'm sick so checking everyday has not been easy, so bear with me!)

Starting an extension of this guild will be hard work, yes. As it is now, with everything separated and in all honestly very disorganized, it's hard to do a clean up. I'm in charge of two forums and I've been having issues with what has been done and what hasn't been done. Will we have the history this guild does? No we wont. Times on Gaia are changing and no one new wants to go to an 'old' guild. They want to see something that is more welcoming. I walk in and I see a mess that has gotten out of hand. Even if all of the crews were active and cleaning, that doesn't guarantee a clean start. Condensing and starting fresh would be nice. Having rules set in place for inactivity and just general rules to make it stay active while promoting creative freedom. Most of the members here haven't even posed. I went through the guild members section and I was able to get to page 700 of people that had either never posted before or have only posted once and that was probably for the rules. Who knows how much further I could have gotten before I saw the numbers climb.

Creating an extension of this guild could work. Why pride ourselves on the members we have when half of them don't even post actively? I did another search, based on recent posts. I was able to get to page 5. On page five is where I found a post that was 6 months ago. We only have 5 pages of active rper's at the moment. Of those that are posting regularly. I don't care about having 100 members or even 50 members. What happened to quality before quantity? Having fewer members, but more active role plays is better in my eyes than having thousands of members and few active role plays. The point of a new guild, an extension of this one, would be very useful. It would allow the forums to be clean and orderly. It would flow much better than in here. Even if we were to condense everything, we would have multiple unused forums and to me that makes it look like the activity has gone down. I rather add forums when they are needed rather than shutting them down because there is no use for them and have them hanging there like dead bodies. To me, it's discouraging.

When I first started in this guild there were very few forums. Then it exploded as new leaders took place. It honestly looks like several ideas had been mushed into one. NOW, I'm going to start creating this guild. If the captain doesn't like it (I've given her quite a bit of time to tell me yay or nay) she can tell me to stop and that she doesn't approve. I'm posting this publicly so it can't be me going behind her back. I'll be happy to take up the Captain roll in this and I would love the help of a few people to get threads started.

I've already got the help of a few people in here and I think it's great that many are optimistic about it.

Now, I want to address everyone that has doubts about this and the pessimistic attitudes. Knock it off. Something will only fail if you let it. Things aren't built to fail. People make it fail. We all have the same love here, so why go against each other. Yes there have been guilds created as an extension. I'm making this the OFFICIAL guild to go to. If I can do it, I'm going to close this one to NEW members only. There are too many forums. Many of which have rps that haven't been posted in for over two years now. That's ridiculous. If the naysayers really think this is going to fail, then by all means, stay here. Why not give a chance to something new! Life is about changing and Gaia is all too familiar with changing things around here.

Now this new guild will not be instant. It will not be up within a day. It's not possible. I'm going to select a few here that really want to see this thing take off. Flawless Fire, I'd like you to be VC in all of this. What I need now is someone that is good with coding and someone that is good with the artistic side of things. (For banners and stuff to promote ^^). QUOTE ME OR SKYPE MESSAGE ME OR PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE THIS NEW GUILD. I can only allow so many people to dip their hands in, so I hope those that wish to help in setting things up would understand.

What would really be helpful is to create a few smaller rps. Maybe for four to six people to join just to get the activity going in the new guild. Having a couple smaller ones that are going and active while having a few that are open and waiting for members would help in drawing people in. It would allow them to see that there are roleplays that need spots filled and they could be the ones to jump on board.
we is not wishing you guild to fail, we is just agree with Novama that their is a very good chance it will fail......(though that dosnt mean it will, you new guild may work very well, and if it dose, we would like to join)

we is no good at making new stuff, so i can't help you with that, but we can join latter and help RP when it up and running.
(is sorry if we seam pessimistic much, we don't mean to be, is just posting ideas, what we think....you did ask...)

I understand those that are disagreeing with this but I feel that it's easier addressing everyone instead of the few that have either PM'd me or statedon here that a new guild will fail. I'm not trying to replace this guild. By no means am I trying to kick this one to the curb and start my own. Not at all. This guild is sinking. I'm not going to sugar coat it. This is a sinking ship and it seems the crew has abandoned it.

So far from what I've seen 'sprucing up' or doing a 'spring cleaning' hasn't helped. Not by a long shot. There have been several of occasions now that have shown that the methods being used and offered aren't working. They. Are. Not. Working. Deleting or moving things around doesn't solve the issue either. We can delete most of everything but the separation of the categories is horrible. It made everything much slower.

Look at this from new eyes. What would you think if you saw 1600 pages of members, 700 or more of which haven't posted in SO LONG that the time stamps aren't even showing anymore. Look at the latest post dates! I was able to go five deep before seeing that it had been six months since someone posted. Six. Months. That's half a year and it's slowly going further and further and further. Active roleplays are drowning in the sea of inactive ones.

Let's say that we did go ahead and move the ones that haven't been posted in for over a year. What then? That will leave a handful? If that. And if we condensed? What would you think coming in here, seeing half the page taken up by unused forums? I wouldn't look highly on that type of guild.

Opening this up for anyone to join isn't going to work. That will allow for more people to join and for even more clutter and quite probably more inactive members. I accept almost everyone that applies. (As long as it isn't a bull s**t app I'm like yeah, come on in-even with the language barriers and lack of literacy if they express a want to better themselves) So obviously opening this up for ANYONE is redundant. I try and weed out those that I feel will be an asset and a draw back.

So far I've been accused of being an enemy. A traitor of sorts. I do not appreciate this at all. I'm trying to help the guild. People want something done, and I'm doing it. You guys keep asking for ideas, keep wanting to see something change yet when I offer it, i'm receiving opposition and to try ways that have been used and have failed, mind you.

The point of this new guild idea isn't to be a separation. It's to update the guild. We can't do that with how separated and overall messy it has become. It's a replacement guild, essentially. It would allow us to draw in the members that actually care enough about this guild, to join in and start down a new path. We can't stick with the old. Nothing stays the same and I'm not trying to drag downt he guild. Not by any means. I'm trying to bring it back to life. This current guild won't cut it.

Picture this being a business. When one location fails, do they just give up and keep trying to spruce it up? No. They don't. They find somewhere that will bring in more traffic. They will try and broaden their aspects to a larger consumer group. We are very limited here. We look washed up and old. Sure we can slap a new banner on and throw out 'old inventory' or we can move locations. I'm not trying to kill this guild. Just the opposite really. I'm trying to make it more user friendly. To give it a fresh start with a clean slate where it doesn't look so used and to put it bluntly, dead.

Please set the guild to public and make applications automatically accepted. As long as you do that, it really doesn't matter where you go or what you do.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:50 am
Novama
EucalyptusCoral
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral
The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Now, I want to address everyone that has doubts about this and the pessimistic attitudes. Knock it off. Something will only fail if you let it. Things aren't built to fail. People make it fail. We all have the same love here, so why go against each other. Yes there have been guilds created as an extension. I'm making this the OFFICIAL guild to go to. If I can do it, I'm going to close this one to NEW members only. There are too many forums. Many of which have rps that haven't been posted in for over two years now. That's ridiculous. If the naysayers really think this is going to fail, then by all means, stay here. Why not give a chance to something new! Life is about changing and Gaia is all too familiar with changing things around here. Now this new guild will not be instant. It will not be up within a day. It's not possible. I'm going to select a few here that really want to see this thing take off. Flawless Fire, I'd like you to be VC in all of this. What I need now is someone that is good with coding and someone that is good with the artistic side of things. (For banners and stuff to promote ^^). QUOTE ME OR SKYPE MESSAGE ME OR PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE THIS NEW GUILD. I can only allow so many people to dip their hands in, so I hope those that wish to help in setting things up would understand.

Please set the guild to public and make applications automatically accepted. As long as you do that, it really doesn't matter where you go or what you do.

Okay, so far you really haven't given any reasoning for your suggestions. I think I'd be more inclined to give your idea a thought if you actually explained why you think this will help. Forget the whole guild thing and pretend we are doing this the old fashioned way. Why auto-accepts? What good will that bring the guild? How will that solve the current issue of inactive members and even more inactive role plays?

I'm honestly curious. I have yet to hear actual reasons. Instead you tell me I'm destroying the guild when in all actuality I'm trying to save what parts are left to save and move them to a clean slate instead of moving things around from subforum to subforum.

You are putting people down for voicing their opinions but 'not doing anything about it' so when someone (myself and a few other people) actually join together and actually do something about the current state of the guild, you put in your ideas and say what we are doing is not in the best interest of the guild. The suggestions you've been giving aren't going to work. They've been tried, and have failed.

So please, help me understand why your ideas would work better than the other ideas that have been given? Instead of putting people down, tell us why.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:52 am
EucalyptusCoral
Novama
EucalyptusCoral
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral

Now, I want to address everyone that has doubts about this and the pessimistic attitudes. Knock it off. Something will only fail if you let it. Things aren't built to fail. People make it fail. We all have the same love here, so why go against each other. Yes there have been guilds created as an extension. I'm making this the OFFICIAL guild to go to. If I can do it, I'm going to close this one to NEW members only. There are too many forums. Many of which have rps that haven't been posted in for over two years now. That's ridiculous. If the naysayers really think this is going to fail, then by all means, stay here. Why not give a chance to something new! Life is about changing and Gaia is all too familiar with changing things around here. Now this new guild will not be instant. It will not be up within a day. It's not possible. I'm going to select a few here that really want to see this thing take off. Flawless Fire, I'd like you to be VC in all of this. What I need now is someone that is good with coding and someone that is good with the artistic side of things. (For banners and stuff to promote ^^). QUOTE ME OR SKYPE MESSAGE ME OR PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE THIS NEW GUILD. I can only allow so many people to dip their hands in, so I hope those that wish to help in setting things up would understand.

Okay, so far you really haven't given any reasoning for your suggestions. I think I'd be more inclined to give your idea a thought if you actually explained why you think this will help. Forget the whole guild thing and pretend we are doing this the old fashioned way. Why auto-accepts? What good will that bring the guild? How will that solve the current issue of inactive members and even more inactive role plays?

I'm honestly curious. I have yet to hear actual reasons. Instead you tell me I'm destroying the guild when in all actuality I'm trying to save what parts are left to save and move them to a clean slate instead of moving things around from subforum to subforum.

You are putting people down for voicing their opinions but 'not doing anything about it' so when someone (myself and a few other people) actually join together and actually do something about the current state of the guild, you put in your ideas and say what we are doing is not in the best interest of the guild. The suggestions you've been giving aren't going to work. They've been tried, and have failed.

So please, help me understand why your ideas would work better than the other ideas that have been given? Instead of putting people down, tell us why.

I'm not posting to 'save' the guild. You posted you intend to change the settings to prevent new gaians from joining the guild. My counter proposal will allow those that remain in the guild to continue to enjoy it with friends, new friends, or just the casual passer-by. It will not rely on absent crew to allow their friends in to post. This will not further hurt the guild, this will give it the chance to continue and grow, and it will require no additional effort on a moderator's part after the initial setting change.

Things like 'guild clutter' and pages of 'inactive members' do not matter or play a part in deciding whether or not to make this change to the guild. If this really is a sinking ship, then let the rats flee and allow those who wish go down with it go out the way they want: with dignity and respect.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:41 pm
Novama
EucalyptusCoral
Novama
EucalyptusCoral
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral

I'm not posting to 'save' the guild. You posted you intend to change the settings to prevent new gaians from joining the guild. My counter proposal will allow those that remain in the guild to continue to enjoy it with friends, new friends, or just the casual passer-by. It will not rely on absent crew to allow their friends in to post. This will not further hurt the guild, this will give it the chance to continue and grow, and it will require no additional effort on a moderator's part after the initial setting change.

Things like 'guild clutter' and pages of 'inactive members' do not matter or play a part in deciding whether or not to make this change to the guild. If this really is a sinking ship, then let the rats flee and allow those who wish go down with it go out the way they want: with dignity and respect.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink I suppose.

Letting this guild die isn't in my cards. Sorry. I'll be doing everything in my power to keep it alive, even if that means moving locations. If you are right, I'll open up the guild and let it be, but I'm not going to do that until everything has been tried.

I'll be putting up a poll explaining everything that's being done. If there are any other naysayers we will know, and we can adjust plan accordingly. Keeping everyone informed of any possible changes is what is most important and making sure they are well informed will give them a choice in what's being done.

Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games