Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
Is this guild mostly inactive now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

skyler dama

Friendly Cultist

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:30 pm
Flawless Fire

I really like your passion and your get-things-done attitude. I would follow you if you were cap or vc for sure. So sure I'll vote vice at least. I wouldn't mind being crew and helping out  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:32 pm
The Lions Pride
Flawless Fire

I really like your passion and your get-things-done attitude. I would follow you if you were cap or vc for sure. So sure I'll vote vice at least. I wouldn't mind being crew and helping out

Well thank you. I'm not too worried about all that right now, I just want to get this new guild idea somewhere! But that's very kind of you!

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:37 pm
Flawless Fire
Well then, let's do it lovelies! Not everyone replied to Coral, but I truly believe everyone would be on board with this. We all love roleplaying, I don't know about y'all, but it's most certainly in my blood and I know I've beaten it over the head, but I seriously love it man. I can recruit old roleplaying buddies of mine as well who are still active, I know there are people who don't want this to die. So let's make it happen. We can start fresh and bring back the liveliness this guild once had. We have a lot of potential as individuals and putting out potential all together will certainly work wonders.There are some things we should consider: Who is going to create this new guild? How are captains and vice captains going to work? You'll need responsible people who care for the guild and can lead. I think Coral should be captain for the new guild that is created, no offense to the captain of this guild, I can imagine she has things going on in real life, we all do. But she hasn't been here to help. I won't hold that against her whatsoever, but it is true. We need someone we can count on to lead and I think Coral would be perfect as captain. I would love to work alongside her, but I think either Coral should decide (if she wants to be captain of course) who she wants to work alongside with, or the guild votes when they have enough members. What do y'all think?

The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

i think why make a new guild when we have one here?????
new guild would have same problem as old guild, it would need active members. it need new RPs. AND it need to be organized. (old guild is in order, and thus less work)
plus, we have RP here we is posting in, so new guild means more guilds to check (more time some don't have sometimes, so not all their RPs get posted in).

it is an OK idea, though i not sure what benefit you gain by it..... confused
(like, just use this one, simple, no?)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:49 pm
me know it all
Flawless Fire
Well then, let's do it lovelies! Not everyone replied to Coral, but I truly believe everyone would be on board with this. We all love roleplaying, I don't know about y'all, but it's most certainly in my blood and I know I've beaten it over the head, but I seriously love it man. I can recruit old roleplaying buddies of mine as well who are still active, I know there are people who don't want this to die. So let's make it happen. We can start fresh and bring back the liveliness this guild once had. We have a lot of potential as individuals and putting out potential all together will certainly work wonders.There are some things we should consider: Who is going to create this new guild? How are captains and vice captains going to work? You'll need responsible people who care for the guild and can lead. I think Coral should be captain for the new guild that is created, no offense to the captain of this guild, I can imagine she has things going on in real life, we all do. But she hasn't been here to help. I won't hold that against her whatsoever, but it is true. We need someone we can count on to lead and I think Coral would be perfect as captain. I would love to work alongside her, but I think either Coral should decide (if she wants to be captain of course) who she wants to work alongside with, or the guild votes when they have enough members. What do y'all think?

The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

new guild would have same problem as old guild, it would need active members. it need new RPs. AND it need to be organized. (old guild is in order, and thus less work)
plus, we have RP here we is posting in, so new guild means more guilds to check (more time some don't have sometimes, so not all their RPs get posted in).

Well it gives everyone a fresh start without deleting old roleplays! This guild is pretty messy right now and starting over may be the best option. Of course, whatever roleplay you're in right now can be brought over to the new guild so you won't have to worry about checking different guilds. I think when the members condensed it a while back, they were trying to liven up the guild, when it just confused everyone and caused less activity. We're too far gone now, since not many wish to participate, but maybe the idea of a new guild might spark some interest in those who lost interest in this guild. It's a thought for right now, it needs some tuning though!

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Aged Guildswoman

8,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:52 pm
I'm honestly not sure about starting a new guild. This is one a lot of us grew with and not many may be willing to leave. Honestly if it just got fixed up and better organised it would probably attract a lot of people again. I think it's unnecessary work to start a new guild when the makings of a great one is already here.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 pm
Flawless Fire
me know it all
Flawless Fire

The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Well it gives everyone a fresh start without deleting old roleplays! This guild is pretty messy right now and starting over may be the best option. Of course, whatever roleplay you're in right now can be brought over to the new guild so you won't have to worry about checking different guilds. I think when the members condensed it a while back, they were trying to liven up the guild, when it just confused everyone and caused less activity. We're too far gone now, since not many wish to participate, but maybe the idea of a new guild might spark some interest in those who lost interest in this guild. It's a thought for right now, it needs some tuning though!

moving stuff is confusing some....
big clean up is what you want then is it? delete almost every thing (minus new new RPs) and then the guild will be fresh blank neat......(could also change name if you think that might help).

could send guild announcement, that would get old members back some.
and getting new members is getting new members (same as new guild). so here we would have a base of sorts, help draw the new in.  

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xXJustified_DeathXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 am
Flawless Fire

Im reading them over, just no time or energy to RP at the moment. I remember being in the Changing Seasons RP it was just hard with so many literate people compared to me. I'll think about joining again, just need time.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:24 am
xXJustified_DeathXx
Flawless Fire

Im reading them over, just no time or energy to RP at the moment. I remember being in the Changing Seasons RP it was just hard with so many literate people compared to me. I'll think about joining again, just need time.

Please don't let that discourage you. Justified, you're a fantastic roleplayer, I remember roleplaying with you very well and you were wonderful. Don't let others bring you down. I don't want this to sound bad cause I have this thing of making things sound bad when they're meant to sound good, but there will always be people who are better than you and people who are worse than you, in any aspect of life, but that never means to give up. You're seriously great and I would love to roleplay with you again.  

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:52 am
Flawless Fire

The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

I'm ready for this. I think it is calling attention to the fact that things are a bit bloated here, maybe hard to get into. I'd be happy to act as much in a position of moderation, less as a disciplinary thing, more as a touchstone for people who want to try something different. I'd propose a look at the classification system, maybe change it to more of a style system so that you know the skill levels you're getting into.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:02 am
I have seen several split-off guilds from this one over the years. None of them have achieved this guild's success. Even the 2nd place roleplay guild is a far 2nd. The age and size of this guild gives it its drawing power.

Something to think about when you start up your own guild and struggle to get your first 1000 members if it manages to get the 'easy' first 100.

I also remind the administration that inactive crew and mods in general are not mods. Moderating is a job. Not a title of prestige for folks that are overly nice or who have been in the guild long enough. When people do not do their job, they are fired and replaced.

When your boss is away, you cannot fire your boss, but you are generally expected to keep things going in the boss's absence. Is fear of losing position more important than trying to do what you feel needs done?

I encourage everyone to follow through on their proposals though. Posting about them and hoping someone else will take charge of the ideas is half-baked and will have as much chance of success. When you do something, go all in.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 am
The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

I just want to touch base here on a few issues I've noticed come up. (I'm sick so checking everyday has not been easy, so bear with me!)

Starting an extension of this guild will be hard work, yes. As it is now, with everything separated and in all honestly very disorganized, it's hard to do a clean up. I'm in charge of two forums and I've been having issues with what has been done and what hasn't been done. Will we have the history this guild does? No we wont. Times on Gaia are changing and no one new wants to go to an 'old' guild. They want to see something that is more welcoming. I walk in and I see a mess that has gotten out of hand. Even if all of the crews were active and cleaning, that doesn't guarantee a clean start. Condensing and starting fresh would be nice. Having rules set in place for inactivity and just general rules to make it stay active while promoting creative freedom. Most of the members here haven't even posed. I went through the guild members section and I was able to get to page 700 of people that had either never posted before or have only posted once and that was probably for the rules. Who knows how much further I could have gotten before I saw the numbers climb.

Creating an extension of this guild could work. Why pride ourselves on the members we have when half of them don't even post actively? I did another search, based on recent posts. I was able to get to page 5. On page five is where I found a post that was 6 months ago. We only have 5 pages of active rper's at the moment. Of those that are posting regularly. I don't care about having 100 members or even 50 members. What happened to quality before quantity? Having fewer members, but more active role plays is better in my eyes than having thousands of members and few active role plays. The point of a new guild, an extension of this one, would be very useful. It would allow the forums to be clean and orderly. It would flow much better than in here. Even if we were to condense everything, we would have multiple unused forums and to me that makes it look like the activity has gone down. I rather add forums when they are needed rather than shutting them down because there is no use for them and have them hanging there like dead bodies. To me, it's discouraging.

When I first started in this guild there were very few forums. Then it exploded as new leaders took place. It honestly looks like several ideas had been mushed into one.

NOW, I'm going to start creating this guild. If the captain doesn't like it (I've given her quite a bit of time to tell me yay or nay) she can tell me to stop and that she doesn't approve. I'm posting this publicly so it can't be me going behind her back. I'll be happy to take up the Captain roll in this and I would love the help of a few people to get threads started.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING, SHOOT ME A SKYPE MESSAGE:: coralxfeirce

I've already got the help of a few people in here and I think it's great that many are optimistic about it.

Now, I want to address everyone that has doubts about this and the pessimistic attitudes. Knock it off. Something will only fail if you let it. Things aren't built to fail. People make it fail. We all have the same love here, so why go against each other. Yes there have been guilds created as an extension. I'm making this the OFFICIAL guild to go to. If I can do it, I'm going to close this one to NEW members only. There are too many forums. Many of which have rps that haven't been posted in for over two years now. That's ridiculous. If the naysayers really think this is going to fail, then by all means, stay here. Why not give a chance to something new! Life is about changing and Gaia is all too familiar with changing things around here.

Now this new guild will not be instant. It will not be up within a day. It's not possible. I'm going to select a few here that really want to see this thing take off. Flawless Fire, I'd like you to be VC in all of this. What I need now is someone that is good with coding and someone that is good with the artistic side of things. (For banners and stuff to promote ^^). QUOTE ME OR SKYPE MESSAGE ME OR PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE THIS NEW GUILD. I can only allow so many people to dip their hands in, so I hope those that wish to help in setting things up would understand.

What would really be helpful is to create a few smaller rps. Maybe for four to six people to join just to get the activity going in the new guild. Having a couple smaller ones that are going and active while having a few that are open and waiting for members would help in drawing people in. It would allow them to see that there are roleplays that need spots filled and they could be the ones to jump on board.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:10 am
Novama
I have seen several split-off guilds from this one over the years. None of them have achieved this guild's success. Even the 2nd place roleplay guild is a far 2nd. The age and size of this guild gives it its drawing power.

Something to think about when you start up your own guild and struggle to get your first 1000 members if it manages to get the 'easy' first 100.

I also remind the administration that inactive crew and mods in general are not mods. Moderating is a job. Not a title of prestige for folks that are overly nice or who have been in the guild long enough. When people do not do their job, they are fired and replaced.

When your boss is away, you cannot fire your boss, but you are generally expected to keep things going in the boss's absence. Is fear of losing position more important than trying to do what you feel needs done?

I encourage everyone to follow through on their proposals though. Posting about them and hoping someone else will take charge of the ideas is half-baked and will have as much chance of success. When you do something, go all in.

I don't think Coral is fearing losing her position or anything like that, if that's what you meant. I think people are just tired of things not getting done, especially when only one person with some, not all, power is trying. I'm not attacking you either so I hope that didn't sound attacky! I don't know much about the other guilds that you mentioned, but in this case, we're fortunate enough to have someone of power on our side. She'll be able to make announcements to this guild, she already knows how to lead and how to organize guilds to operating standards, and she'll be able to recruit people who really care about roleplaying and want to continue.  

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:11 am
EucalyptusCoral
The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

I just want to touch base here on a few issues I've noticed come up. (I'm sick so checking everyday has not been easy, so bear with me!)

Starting an extension of this guild will be hard work, yes. As it is now, with everything separated and in all honestly very disorganized, it's hard to do a clean up. I'm in charge of two forums and I've been having issues with what has been done and what hasn't been done. Will we have the history this guild does? No we wont. Times on Gaia are changing and no one new wants to go to an 'old' guild. They want to see something that is more welcoming. I walk in and I see a mess that has gotten out of hand. Even if all of the crews were active and cleaning, that doesn't guarantee a clean start. Condensing and starting fresh would be nice. Having rules set in place for inactivity and just general rules to make it stay active while promoting creative freedom. Most of the members here haven't even posed. I went through the guild members section and I was able to get to page 700 of people that had either never posted before or have only posted once and that was probably for the rules. Who knows how much further I could have gotten before I saw the numbers climb.

Creating an extension of this guild could work. Why pride ourselves on the members we have when half of them don't even post actively? I did another search, based on recent posts. I was able to get to page 5. On page five is where I found a post that was 6 months ago. We only have 5 pages of active rper's at the moment. Of those that are posting regularly. I don't care about having 100 members or even 50 members. What happened to quality before quantity? Having fewer members, but more active role plays is better in my eyes than having thousands of members and few active role plays. The point of a new guild, an extension of this one, would be very useful. It would allow the forums to be clean and orderly. It would flow much better than in here. Even if we were to condense everything, we would have multiple unused forums and to me that makes it look like the activity has gone down. I rather add forums when they are needed rather than shutting them down because there is no use for them and have them hanging there like dead bodies. To me, it's discouraging.

When I first started in this guild there were very few forums. Then it exploded as new leaders took place. It honestly looks like several ideas had been mushed into one.

NOW, I'm going to start creating this guild. If the captain doesn't like it (I've given her quite a bit of time to tell me yay or nay) she can tell me to stop and that she doesn't approve. I'm posting this publicly so it can't be me going behind her back. I'll be happy to take up the Captain roll in this and I would love the help of a few people to get threads started.

I've already got the help of a few people in here and I think it's great that many are optimistic about it.

Now, I want to address everyone that has doubts about this and the pessimistic attitudes. Knock it off. Something will only fail if you let it. Things aren't built to fail. People make it fail. We all have the same love here, so why go against each other. Yes there have been guilds created as an extension. I'm making this the OFFICIAL guild to go to. If I can do it, I'm going to close this one to NEW members only. There are too many forums. Many of which have rps that haven't been posted in for over two years now. That's ridiculous. If the naysayers really think this is going to fail, then by all means, stay here. Why not give a chance to something new! Life is about changing and Gaia is all too familiar with changing things around here.

Now this new guild will not be instant. It will not be up within a day. It's not possible. I'm going to select a few here that really want to see this thing take off. Flawless Fire, I'd like you to be VC in all of this. What I need now is someone that is good with coding and someone that is good with the artistic side of things. (For banners and stuff to promote ^^). QUOTE ME OR SKYPE MESSAGE ME OR PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING TO CREATE THIS NEW GUILD. I can only allow so many people to dip their hands in, so I hope those that wish to help in setting things up would understand.

What would really be helpful is to create a few smaller rps. Maybe for four to six people to join just to get the activity going in the new guild. Having a couple smaller ones that are going and active while having a few that are open and waiting for members would help in drawing people in. It would allow them to see that there are roleplays that need spots filled and they could be the ones to jump on board.

I will most certainly be your VC and help you every step of the way with this. I think with enough backing and support from active members, we can do this guys. Let's have faith that this will work, I know I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:49 pm
EucalyptusCoral

I support you 100% and would love to join the new guild and would definitely join some of the roleplays, or even make one or two if necessary. If you need anything don't hesitate to pm me!  

skyler dama

Friendly Cultist

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 pm
EucalyptusCoral
The Lions Pride
Xcon299
Kalima Nightmore
EucalyptusCoral
Graylex

xXJustified_DeathXx

Darastri lexex

Nicko1421

me know it all

sabreworg

Victoria san

Skreemer

Novama
KiraxBingBing-Chan

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Wazi Kong

OwnKindOfParadise_92

we is not wishing you guild to fail, we is just agree with Novama that their is a very good chance it will fail......(though that dosnt mean it will, you new guild may work very well, and if it dose, we would like to join)

we is no good at making new stuff, so i can't help you with that, but we can join latter and help RP when it up and running.
(is sorry if we seam pessimistic much, we don't mean to be, is just posting ideas, what we think....you did ask...)  
Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games