Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer For Guidance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:43 am
Hi guys, been a while 3nodding I was looking for some advice and possible prayer for guidance. My computer is jacked right now so long story short I'm jumping the gun and pursuing a completely different career than what I am studying for. In my heart I've always wanted to do this but even as I type this everything seems to be working against me (even my family). I don't know if it's a test, or it's a sign that I should stop trying. I've been praying for a sign that I'm heading in the right direction, I have a great new job that gives me more free time and involved with my campus, and I'm taking good classes that could help me.

But I don't feel happy at all. I was miserable before, but I guess this unhappiness comes from uncertainty and fear. I've always been stepped over and told what to do. My career path was set but it wasn't what I wanted at all. This is the first time I'm making decisions for my self and I'm scared because if I fail I'll have to go back to how things were before. It's also kind of lonely since I can't see my friends and my family isn't exactly backing me up. So if possible could I have prayer for guidance and decisiveness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:37 pm
ChibiHigh
Hi guys, been a while 3nodding I was looking for some advice and possible prayer for guidance. My computer is jacked right now so long story short I'm jumping the gun and pursuing a completely different career than what I am studying for. In my heart I've always wanted to do this but even as I type this everything seems to be working against me (even my family). I don't know if it's a test, or it's a sign that I should stop trying. I've been praying for a sign that I'm heading in the right direction, I have a great new job that gives me more free time and involved with my campus, and I'm taking good classes that could help me.

But I don't feel happy at all. I was miserable before, but I guess this unhappiness comes from uncertainty and fear. I've always been stepped over and told what to do. My career path was set but it wasn't what I wanted at all. This is the first time I'm making decisions for my self and I'm scared because if I fail I'll have to go back to how things were before. It's also kind of lonely since I can't see my friends and my family isn't exactly backing me up. So if possible could I have prayer for guidance and decisiveness.

I have issues with making decisions myself, so I understand your fear and uncertainty. God will show you what to do. I will keep you in my prayers.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:37 pm
I am in similar situation!
My parents are not confronting me for my dream to take medical school. However, I feel selfish because this is a very expensive course. If this doesn't work out, my parents want me to do business instead.

In any way, we must first seek God and get His wisdom to live our life. Let's pursue praying together.

Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Psalm 32:8 ESV
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

John 16:13 ESV
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Isaiah 30:21 ESV
And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

Proverbs 20:18 ESV
Plans are established by counsel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can kind of relate since I'm in university, don't have much support here, and I can lack confidence sometimes. I will keep you in my prayers. Here's a prayer that I have found gives some peace of mind.

Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.

I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.

But I admit that it's hard, Lord.

Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don’t have the strength on my own to get through this.

I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.

Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. don't have to worry about tomorrow.

If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.

Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.

Thank you for hearing my prayer.

In Jesus' name. Amen.  

Lady Vizsla

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:37 am
Thank you guys! heart I feel better knowing I'm not the only one going through this. I'd like to believe I'm heading in the right direction because next month, my school is holding a craft show and I can get the chance to show my art, if it's approved. I'm really nervous about doing this neutral it kinda feels like now or never. I know the bible says not to be worrying about what others are doing in their lives but I can't help it sweatdrop I just feel so behind in my journey with Christ and my journey to find myself. But thank you for your prayers and your prayer verses razz  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games