Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
any games active? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:12 pm
Inquiring minds wish to know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:05 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Inquiring minds wish to know. sweatdrop

Good question, any active games?  

Gizmorian

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:26 pm
Well, a couple, at least. Kowsauni and I are both running one D&D 4e game each right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:08 pm
Is the question referring to active games? or games that are currently accepting players? Or active games that offer pizza and mountain dew, that you could thief?  

Alzzak

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 pm
I potentially have a slot open in my game since someone dropped out. However I might be restarting it soon if posting doesn't pick up. I'm only going to be accepting people who guarantee me that they can post at least once every 2 or 3 days.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:34 am
I wouldn't mind joining Beast of Thousand Knives.

On a side note; I suck as a gm, but I have a game in the works. Just give me 'til Sunday, to get everything together.  

Alzzak

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:34 am
Personally I'm up to join a game, but only in DnD 3.5 or Pathfinder format. The one I joined died out, and I'm itching to join. I've scrolled around, but they're either full or had ventured too far in for me to move in.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 am
bumping to ask the question again.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kunesume2

Militant Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:02 pm
Lost soul looking for direction. And 3.5 mostly, but will try anything just to get started with rping.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:04 am
Semi-related: I've skulked through a couple of existing campaigns here and wonder about the differences between online and face-to-face D&D. I'd imagine it to be a much greater time commitment, but are there any other hindrances/ perks?  

Ashelina JoIie

Friendly Phantom

leothesniper

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:53 am
I'm also a die hard 3.5 player. I'm looking to join a campaign. I'd rather just be a PC as I'm currently DMing an IRL game.

Quote:
Semi-related: I've skulked through a couple of existing campaigns here and wonder about the differences between online and face-to-face D&D. I'd imagine it to be a much greater time commitment, but are there any other hindrances/ perks?

From what I understand these take much longer to cover plot in forum format, but the player had much more time to enrich their responses and interactions. Forum RP also has the allure of not needing to set aside a 4 hour block of time to meet and play.

Where as face to face you get a lot covered (usually) but the characters have less time to develop what they want to say/do. It's much more impromptu and impulsive.

Ultimately if you want a thorough RP it is better to use forum format. If you want to tell a story and kill things quickly do it in person.

Quick disclaimer this is just from my experiences. Every group is different and things can be worlds different between groups. Both have their appeals and both are an enjoyable way to play D&D  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:16 am
Ah, I miss 3.5 a great deal. It would be wonderful to join up on a campaign. *goes to browse*  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:47 am
Pathfinder isn't that far from 3.5, think 3.75.
Major differences are Combat Manuvers(disarm, trip, grapple, etc) fall under two stats, CMB and CMD(Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense). It also takes character customization to a new level, both a curse and a boon if you are like me.

If you wish to try mine is open, look under Would you play?  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:51 am
I've never really done anything with Pathfinder before, and I'm sure the difference wouldn't mesh well with my brain. Thanks though. *Reminisces my Half-ogre fighter from 3.5* .....eheheheheh  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 pm
as you wish  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]