Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Whole Wide World
Austråttborgen, Familial home of the Bjelke family

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm
Aᴜsᴛʀåᴛᴛʙᴏʀɢᴇɴ
Located in Sør-Trøndelag, Norway
════════════════════════

User Image

Agnar Bjelke

Roald Bjelke

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:34 pm
Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛs
════════════════════════

User Image

xxxxxRᴏᴀʟᴅ Bᴊᴇʟᴋᴇ
xxxxxHᴏᴍᴇ/Wᴏʀᴋ/Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:38 pm
Oᴅᴅ Nᴏᴛᴇs Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴀɴᴏʀ
════════════════════════

Under Construction.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:01 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald entered his father's study, wishing to speak with him. Angar was busy going over some notices on his desk, and Roald stood before the desk, waiting for the baron to acknowledge him. He knew the routine. Agnar would only speak to him when he wished it, and not a moment before. It had been this way for Roald's entire life, ingrained in him since before he could even remember. Today, however, he had to speak with his father. It was of matters of inheritance. He knew that Agnar was getting older and looking at his potential heirs carefully, noting who was able to take the position as heir and who was going to be discarded. Roald had been an exemplar son since his youth, going as far as to acquiesce to every demand that Agnar threw at him. He knew he was the only option, especially as he had an heir as well. Whether his son realized it or not was another matter. Agnar glanced up briefly, noting that his son was standing there and returned to the messages he had. It wasn't until ten minutes later that Agnar finally removed his glasses and gave his son a frank look. "Make it fast, Hund. You have five minutes."

Roald bit the inside of his cheek, tasting copper as his teeth tore a bit into the side of his cheek. No, he would not let his father play these mind games. He had earned his name, no matter what Agnar thought. His thoughts drifted briefly to Eleazar, who had yet to earn his own name and he mentally scoffed. No, his son had not earned his name yet. He needed to be taught his proper place as well. His mind snapped back to the matter at hand and he kept perfectly still, letting his gaze fall just over Agnar's left shoulder. He had learned his place well, after all. "Sir, I am here to discuss the matters of inheritance. I know you are considering the position of your heir, and I would like to inform you that I have sired a son. He is young still, but I believe he would make a fine heir when I am in need of one."

Agnar looked at his son carefully, then stood and walked over to a shelf. He picked a book out randomly and flipped to a page. Looking it over, he nodded and snapped it shut. "I see. You decided to have a child with a stykke skitt hore and am now informing me of it years after the fact. Let me guess. Baser instincts took over and you could not help it but lay with dogs and rut. Is that what you are saying? You defiled the house of Bjelke with skitt and expect for me to name it heir?" Agnar slammed the book down and strode over. Roald's eyes went wide before he heard a sharp slap and felt his face blossom in pain. He then felt his chin grabbed roughly and his eyes met those of his father's. "The heir has been named, and you have been found wanting, Hund. Neither you or your skitt progeny will ever inherit. It will pass to someone competent."

Roald let out a gasp as his face was released and his father spat on the ground before him. Agnar then sat down and drew out a new piece of parchment, and began writing. The way his father stopped and gave him a cold, hard glare did little to ease the tight ball of something suddenly lodged in his chest. "Wait, what are you doing?"

Agnar didn't even look up as he wrote. "You are forthwith banished from the estate and stricken from the family records. If you set foot within these premises again, I will have you arrested for trespassing. I have plenty of contacts within the ministry to ensure this happens. You will pack within the hour and leave, never to darken these halls with your presence again."

Roald heard the words, but couldn't believe them. What? He was banished? How, why? He had only ever done what his father wanted! He'd earned his name! He'd earned his bed, and everything that he was allowed to do within these halls was permitted after Agnar approved that he could do them! Suddenly white-hot rage consumed him, and the man found himself launching himself over the desk, scattering papers and quills as he wrapped his hands around Agnar's throat. The man tried to fight back, but years of torment, torture, and abuse fuelled Roald's rage. Roald didn't know how long he had held Agnar, but he was finally able to think clearly when he found himself straddling his father with his hands still clamped around his throat. The older male was dead, and Roald simply looked down. He felt nothing, not even remorse for his deed. He released his hold andstood slowly, a faint smile crossing his face. It was done. It was over. Roald could feel nothing, but he was done. He was the new head of the barony.

He took his time cleaning up the mess, directing the house elves to remove his father's body and destroy it. He then settled into the task of trying to find the will. It had to be here somewhere, and considering that he needed to rectify the mistake his father made, he had to find it now. However, endless hours of searching the premises turned up nothing, even when he tried to summon it. He growled. No, this couldn't be right. It had to be here! In the end, Roald ended up murdering one of the house elves in a fit of rage, his efforts useless. His father had done something with the document. It was no longer there. He had to find out where it was, and fast. Otherwise his inheritance would disappear.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: ...
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:37 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald appeared with a faint pop on the foyer of the manor, his grip like iron on Eleazar's shoulder. However, he shoved the younger male as he let him go, a calculating look in his eyes. He barked out several commands in Norwegian, and a couple of house elves appeared. Talking to them quickly, the terrified creatures disappeared with a pop and Roald turned his attention to his estranged son. "Velkommen, Forbryter. This is my home. It has been in our family for centuries. Perhaps someday you'll appreciate it." Roald clasped his hands behind his back as he paced around the younger boy. This was going to be difficult, and he knew it. However, he had every confidence that he could instruct Eleazar as well as his father did him. At least he would be given a room, unlike what Roald himself had to deal with as a child. Stopping, he gestured with his wand, his face impassive. "Accio vegg."

Roald smirked as the boy's wand suddenly came out of concealment and landed in the man's outstretched hand. He pocketed the item with a shake of his head, bemusement colouring his features. "You do not need that. You have to earn it. As with everything in this house. If you wish for your name, you must earn it. If you wish for a bed, you must earn it. Everything in this house, everything you wish to do, you must earn the right to. As of this moment, you are simply Forbryter to everyone and everything in the estate. You may not go anywhere unless you are told to. You may not speak unless you are told to. Is that clear?"

Roald resumed his pacing, his face composing as he walked. "The house elves will not respond to you unless they are ordered to. As I am the master of the estate, that honour goes to me. You will eat when ordered, sleep when ordered, and respond when ordered. Any disobedience will be dealt with quickly. You are not to leave the house itself for any reason. I will immediately know the moment that occurs. You will dress in something other than those skitt rags you brought with you. You will find those garments inside of your room. You will address everything in this estate as a superior. As of this moment, you are beneath everything here. Am I understood, Forbryter?"

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: ...
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:03 pm
Sometimes I feel like I wanna leave this place for good...
Under the ground, I'll live down there without a sound!
And never hear these hissing voices all the same-
I'll disappear, 'cause living makes me feel ashamed.
I must believe there's more above us and below;
I must believe, stranded with this b***h called hope!
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is go;
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is disappear.

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

RavenclawFifth YearHalfbloodAdopted

Eleazar was already disoriented from the apparating; combined with the shove his father gave him as he finally let him go, he stumbled and almost fell, but managed to right himself at the last moment. He backed away and looked around. He needed to know where he was if he was ever going to get out of this place, after all, and he'd just gotten here. He was willing to assume they were in Norway. Roald certainly didn't seem overly fond of Britain. Lovely, that just made escaping all that much harder. He didn't even speak the language of the country he was in, or have any idea where any of the wizarding hubs were. They had to be relatively close to one, though... right? Didn't purebloods not like to live near muggles? Unless they were in the middle of nowhere. In that case, he was even more screwed.

He regarded the house elves that appeared curiously, having only ever seen illustrations of them. They were smaller than expected, and he could tell they weren't going to be much help. They were possibly more terrified of his father than he was. So this was the Bjelke home, according to Roald. It seemed like an extremely big place for just one man. Wasn't the whole point of estates like these for large wealthy families to live together? It seemed pretty empty to Eleazar, and because of that the obvious wealth and grandeur surrounding him for the most part passed him by. Just another empty house. Again with the pacing. He wondered if any small way him being here made his father slightly unsure, or nervous. He doubted it, but still. He was so caught up in his own thoughts he realized what spell Roald was casting moments too late. His hand shot out to grab his wand but it was already in his father's grasp. There went another escape route. Well, it wasn't as if he'd have put it to all that good use anyways. So long as it remained intact, maybe he could get it back later. He doubted he'd have been able to effectively curse or hex Roald without the repercussions being much higher than he was willing to deal with. Sure, he had a knack for Transfigurations, but Potions had always been his focus. With his luck any spell he cast would have missed and he'd have paid for it.

He was just going to have to think his way through this mess, he assured himself. He was a Ravenclaw. Just pretend it was a big puzzle. Look for a solution. Take things one step at a time. Don't get too sure of yourself. Have a plan. Listen. He focused on what Roald was actually saying. It'd do him more good than standing here panicking. This was nowhere he knew. London, Diagon, home, he knew those places like the back of his hand. This was entirely foreign to him. Right. Earning everything. He was hardly surprised that was the strategy. Roald was going to make him work his way up for whatever he wanted. Eleazar tried to listen carefully. No wand, no bed, no going anywhere without permission, no speaking without permission. Roald's question seemed to be contradicting that last statement- questions were an open invitation for answers, rhetorical or not. But rhetorical or not, Eleazar still wasn't stupid, so he settled for a nod. He could manage without a bed. He hadn't always been guaranteed one living with his mum, and certainly not after she left. Of course, that'd been a while ago now. He was used to getting decent meals, having clothes that fit him, sleeping on a bed in a room, even if he shared it with his brother. But he'd done it before, and he'd lived.

The pacing resumed and he kept listening. Well, it wasn't like he'd planned on being able to order the house elves around. He'd never ordered anyone around in his life and wouldn't even know how to command a house elf to begin with. Were you supposed to address them in a certain manner? Basically, he had the feeling this was the bit were he was supposed to say "how high" in response to "jump". Beneath everything here. Wow, he was really in for a treat, wasn't he? He was trying very hard not to feel hopeless. He was still for the most part unharmed, though his shoulder was sore. He wasn't in any immediate danger. No one he cared about was in any immediate danger. He hadn't really done anything as of yet to make Roald angry, though he was sure the man would find excuses to assert his authority. People like him always did. He was just going to have to walk as if on ice. He knew Roald, but he only had the vaguest ideas of what set him off or what he really expected. Besides good manners. Probably good posture too. Eleazar decided that for the time being, he was going to have to ditch the slouch and the slumped shoulders his mum had been trying to correct in him for years. "Don't be afraid to look people in the eyes," she always said. "Even if you know you're not going to like what you see."

He looked up, and was glad to find he was so tense his back was already ramrod straight and his shoulders rigid. "Yes... Sir." He assumed a sarcastic "Sure thing, Dad" was not exactly going to be well met right now.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

If this is it, all we have and ever will-
If this is it, time is running out and standing still!
I'll leave today, 'cause there's nothing left to keep me here...
I'll fade away; I'll turn my back and disappear.
The city moves: lunges up right from the ground,
The seething Earth, it opens up and spits us out.
This vicious child; nature never wanted us!
This vicious child; a cancer burning black into its heart...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:31 pm
User Image
                                                When everything you do
                                                Don't seem to matter.
                                                You try but it's no use
                                                Your world is getting blacker.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Cʜᴀsᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Glynn curled up into himself, trying to block out the sight of the bars to one side of him and what lay beyond. He'd seen her, his only living aunt, being dragged down here by his father, and the screaming that followed after. Apparently she had come to try and help him, and he tried to ignore the fact that his father had decided to show him what was going to happen if he disobeyed. His stomach twisted in on itself as his eyes caught the sight of the fingers scattered on the floor of the cell. There were only two, but the first one had been removed because he hadn't moved fast enough, and the second one soon after because Glynn wouldn't watch. It was like a sick sort of fascination for Roald, and he didn't want to think of what he'd do if Glynn managed to escape. Besides, it wasn't like he had anything in his stomach at the moment. Roald had neglected to feed him, stating that Glynn needed the discipline. Oh sure, he had a wand. He knew he did. However, his father currently had it, deeming that Glynn was not permitted it until he earned it. Apparently he had to earn everything, and that included his own name. It was insane, he knew it was, and Glynn was certain that something was very wrong with his father.

A slight scuffling sound reached his ears, and he glanced over to the side, seeing the once-beautiful features of Frey peek through the bars of her own cell. She had refused to stay silent in the dungeon, and had been beaten for it. Roald had threatened to remove her tongue, and Frey had gone silent, save for those occasional times she had been certain that he wasn't around. Her eyes studied his, and he wanted to scream at her to stop looking at him like that. It was like she knew what was going on in his mind, and she didn't. She couldn't.
                                                "I'm so sorry."

"Why?" The word was a hollow whisper, and he looked away from her, not wanting to see what had been done to her hand. How long before Roald decided he was next for that?

"My bror, Roald. He's... he's a monster. It would have been better if he'd never found out about you." He heard a small laugh, and he glanced back through the bars toward her to see her looking at the other corner of her cell, one he knew contained remains. Whose, he didn't know. Roald had never said, but his aunt had broken down when the man had whispered to her about them. Glynn had asked once, but Frey had never said. "He probably should have been killed years ago, or sent to the healers for help, but no one knew."

"Couldn't someone have done something? Didn't your parents protest his actions or try to stop him?" There had to be a reason for all of this. It couldn't be because his father was a complete monster, right? His mum would never have gotten with him otherwise.

Frey laughed again, sounding brittle as she shook her head.
                                                "Glynn Llewellyn, meet Agnar Bjelke. Your bestefar, or well, grandfather. I believe he tried." His eyes widened as she gestured to the remains in the corner, and Glynn stared at her again. That was a joke, right? It had to be a joke. "Frida would kill him, you know. Our søster. He's responsible for so much of her heartache. She doesn't know, though." Glynn wrapped his arms tighter around his knees, feeling ill. Was that what was going to happen to him? Just disappear and no one heard from him again? He felt hot tears prickle beneath his lids, and he wondered how he still had any left. "Don't worry. Bjelke women are strong. I can handle whatever he throws at me. You look after yourself." Glynn desperately wanted to believe that, but he didn't know how he could.

════════════════════════

Thinking: .....................................
                                                OOC:

Ash

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm running out of time
                                                For me to break this.
                                                I'm tired of feeling like
                                                I'm never gonna make it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 pm
User Image
                                                When everything you do
                                                Don't seem to matter.
                                                You try but it's no use
                                                Your world is getting blacker.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Cʜᴀsᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Glynn stared at himself in the mirror, trying and failing to recognize who it was he was looking at. He knew rationally it was him, but he didn't look like himself. He barely recognized the features he could tell was his, but his face was expressionless. He hadn't seen his aunt in weeks, not since his father had caught the two speaking to each other. Since then, he'd been taken out of the dungeon and placed in his own room. An empty thing, barely bigger than a closet. He'd wondered at the time in a delirious daze if his father was going to actually treat him like a human being, but had been proven wrong when the only reason his father had put him there was because it was right above the dungeon room where he could hear the screams of his aunt from the grate in the floor. There was a window, a small tiny thing that barely let in any light, and he quickly learned he couldn't reach it. His father had locked the door, and the only people that he saw come in and out were the house elves, who pretended like he didn't exist.

The last few days had been different. The house elves had come in as usual, but instead of just leaving the daily meal, they had gone about and sized him up. Now he was dressed in clothes that fit better than anything he'd ever worn before, but it felt cheap. Like he was putting on an act. His hand touched the surface of the mirror, and then he retracted it quickly, as though he'd been burned. His father was staring at him in the mirror, and he swallowed thickly. The older man ignored him, deciding to walk forward and look Glynn up and down before nodding in approval.
                                                "I see that the clothing fits. That's good. The house elves know their place, it seems. Comfortable, Drittsekk?"

Glynn didn't know if it was a trick question or not, so he just settled for a slight nod. It seemed like the safest option, considering that he knew what would happen if he didn't. More screams from the dungeon. It didn't help that the black of his new school uniform only accentuated how pale he was. He shifted, acutely aware that Roald was scrutinizing him. He bit his lip, trying not to get nervous under the older man's gaze before he couldn't help himself. "S-sir?"

The hand came out of nowhere, and Glynn quickly found himself on the floor, cradling the cheek Roald just struck. He stared up, trying to figure out what he did when Roald decided to speak instead. "I did not give you permission to speak, now did I Drittsekk? Now which hand is you wand hand?"

Glynn hesitated, which was apparently the wrong thing to do. Roald seized the hand holding his cheek and pulled it forward, yanking Glynn around like a rag doll. The boy struggled, and was rewarded with a ringing slap to the face. Glynn sat dazed, not aware for a moment of what was going on before he felt something slip around one of his fingers. When he finally felt awareness return, the ring was glowing briefly with runes in its gem before they faded. When they faded, however, the ring started to shrink to fit around the finger, and then started heating up to the point that he was gasping in pain, feeling as though there was a branding iron where the ring was. It abated after a bit, and Glynn was clutching at his injured hand and started trying to get it off. Only, it wouldn't, and instead heated up again to the point that Glynn was left sobbing by the end of it. "Take it off! Please! O Dduw, mae'n llosgi! Cymerwch 'i off!"

Another hard slap, and Glynn felt like his head was splitting. Then a kick followed to his midsection, causing Glynn to curl up onto the ground as Roald aimed another at him. "I told you to never use that language around me! Do you understand? You also do not speak unless given permission!" He then reached down and grabbed Glynn by the hair to drag him up. Seizing his hand, Gloynn only let out a small whimper as Roald brought the ring up for Glynn to see. "You, however, are fortunate that I am in a giving mood. This ring would have gone to the forbryter, but instead has been passed to you. It allows me to know where you are, and dispense punishments as I see fit. You already know what happens when you attempt to take it off."

"F-forbryter?" Glynn whispered, trying to make sense of what his father had just said. However, Roald looked much too pleased with himself to notice, and instead bade Glynn to clean himself up before he ruined the clothes he was in. When the door clicked shut again, he curled in on himself, staring at his hand. The ring was large, and ugly, and Glynn wished desperately that he could take it off. However, Roald left him wondering who the ring was supposed to go to if not him. Was there another that Glynn didn't know about? Glynn was left to wonder alone until he fell asleep about the implications behind the fact that apparently he might not have been the only one his father had designs for.

════════════════════════

Thinking: What did he mean???
                                                OOC:

Ash

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm running out of time
                                                For me to break this.
                                                I'm tired of feeling like
                                                I'm never gonna make it.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
The Whole Wide World