Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
The Gay Christian Movement

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:16 pm
The Gay Christian Movement: Part I (Audio Begins at 1:26)

[Working link(s) April 9th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:26 pm
He shouldn't have tried to distance himself from the dietary and clothing laws near the end (@1:22:15-ish). One second he's saying, those who set aside even the least of these commandments will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, and then another second, he says that dietary things and clothing things are just to make the Israelites look different from the people around them. Sure, let's set those aside. His reasoning is unstable in that particular regard. Why is it just Israel that has to be set-apart from the nations? Is he not being grafted into Israel? What/Who exactly is the church being grafted into? Is it not Israel?

• Romans 11:25 (NIV)

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

• Isaiah 14:1 (NIV)

14 The Lord will have compassion on Jacob;
             once again he will choose Israel
             and will settle them in their own land.
             Foreigners will join them
             and unite with the descendants of Jacob.

• Ezekiel 47:22 (NIV)

22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel.

So, if Pastor and Apologist James White admits "Israel" is suppose to stand out from the surrounding culture, and we foreigners are joining ourselves to Israel, becoming a part of Israel, then the "dietary things and clothing things" apply to us too. That said, I agree with his main argument.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:47 am
The "Gay Christian" Movement: A Response Part 2

In-guild discussion:
Tolerance, and acceptance of the LGBTQA community

Youtube debate (very bad audio but if you suffer through it will be worth it. At about the hour mark the sound improves.):
Is Homosexuality Compatible with Authentic Christianity?

On a side note: Lynn who is a free speech advocate attempted to prevent Alpha & Omega ministries from distributing this debate.

Please pray for Mr.Lynn.

What can we learn from debates like this?
What I have learned is in what a desperate situation someone who rejects Scripture in favor of personal revelation is. I feel miserable for him. How indefensible Christianity is without the Bible. The Bible in its entirety becomes untrustworthy, if we start twisting/distorting what it says to suit our own fancy.  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games