Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
An Inquiry to Event Hosting (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:21 pm
While I am almost certain this is not the normally accepted channel for this sort of question, it does not hurt to ask in the section that questions were created for...

*ahem*
I have a rather large number of items that I either have no intention of using or would rather not bother with the effort of placing in my shop--I make a regular sizable donation from it's earnings, however I feel like the items would get to those who appreciate them more were it an NTSG event "funded and provided for" instead.

Would it be possible to ask the main NTSG crew to host an event with the items I am willing to part with? I would not like to simply assume an answer, and with my current time frame I am unable to keep track of such things accurately on my own. A prime example was how long it took me to return posts to those winners in my Hallows Haunting Mini-Event.

If at all, I have nearly 20 items and I am willing to part with as well as--for the moment, not much has sold for me--over 10 billion gold for such a event. "Items" includes whole bundles, still packed and ready to be used. To my shame, many of the items will be pink, the color I detest at this stage, so if that is a issue please also state so.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 am
Rouge Strike

Hi, Rouge Strike!

Not exactly my question to answer (so if an NSTG Crew Member answers, please disregard!), but have you tried sending a Trade to the NSTG Treasurer (as outlined on the Guild front page)? I think that's the best way to make a donation, and that anything sent to the NSTG Treasurer goes towards future events and raffles.

I also have a giveaway that I've set up that I'm currently struggling to get funds for. I'd love a detestable pink item (or any detestable item/small donation!) to give away, and of course I'd deduct the cost so none of it would be claimed back from the NSTG and credit you as a donator.

If you click here, you can send a trade to the NSTG Treasurer, and the prizes will go towards and fund NSTG's future events. You can only send twelve items at a time, plus gold, but if you try twice I think it will work.

Regarding in-Guild events, I think the usual plan is that the NSTG hosts events every major holiday (Christmas, Halloween, etc), plus a minimum of two additional events per year (which the NSTG comes up with themselves, often based on suggestions the Guild makes collectively). At this stage, I think the budget for these events is really very large (The Tri-Town Showdown had a site-wide Kickstarter with a certain percentage of the gold going towards the event, and the upcoming Christmas Event, The Festival of Lights has a budget of 470 billion gold, not including the graphics that the crew make and the charities and threads that we host ourselves), and a lot of prior planning goes into them, so I don't think that hosting a separate event would be a likely option, but I think that any donation to the NSTG would be greatly appreciated, and that the items would then in turn go to people who'd love and appreciate them!

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:13 am
Vishkah

Thank you for replying, and while I am still looking forward to a official Crew answer, I will more than certainly take your words into consideration--if you're willing to accept a donation to your giveaway now, I'd be happy to do so.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:27 am
Rouge Strike
Thank you for replying, and while I am still looking forward to a official Crew answer, I will more than certainly take your words into consideration--if you're willing to accept a donation to your giveaway now, I'd be happy to do so.

Of course, if there are any items you don't want, and are okay with me giving them away to people, I'd appreciate it immensely!  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:54 am
Rouge Strike

Oh wow, thank you so much for the incredibly generous donation! Some of these items are so gorgeous, I'd almost be tempted to keep one! emotion_kirakira

One or two of these look perfect for Halloween and Valentine's Day -- would you be alright with me putting them in storage and using them when I put up another giveaway in future? Some of these are so gorgeous I couldn't hope to afford anything close to their level for future giveaways, so with your permission, I'd love to spread them out between holidays and several giveaways I'm involved in. I've been making mine seasonal so far (My last giveaway was Halloween-themed, and the current one is Christmas), so when I'm around, I'm definitely planning to have at least three next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:18 pm
Vishkah

I have no problems, go right on ahead.
I'm the type of person who would rather trade items for items, so if you've something particular from what I've given you that you fancy, ask me and we can set up a trade.  

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:53 pm
Rouge Strike

Thank you so much for the generous offer! I really appreciate it, but the thing I was most excited about this Christmas was my giveaway and the threads I was going to be participating in/the people I was going to Anon and give presents to. I think I'll use all the items you gave me for giveaways and put them to good use/give them to people who would appreciate them on your behalf, like you intended. A lot of work goes into giveaways and I want my Christmas Giveaway to be a good one!

Besides, the only things I really have to offer that I own for any trade are art and a couple of Sketchbook items anyway, and one of them is pink! I think I'll just give the items away or sell them to put towards Christmassy presents, but thanks so much again for your generosity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:10 am
Perhaps throw a quote to the Guildmaster or a crew member just in case they don't see this thread, Rouge ^^  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:08 pm
Oh, right... Thank you, Auriga, I had not thought of that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:10 pm
Ebania
Here's hoping this catches some attention.

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:15 pm
Hi there!

The best thing to do would be to send a trade to the NSTG Treasurer, so that we can use your items in a future event. We would wholeheartedly appreciate such a generous donation! emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Ebania
Hi there!

The best thing to do would be to send a trade to the NSTG Treasurer, so that we can use your items in a future event. We would wholeheartedly appreciate such a generous donation! emotion_bigheart

Ah, thank you very much, I'll do just that. My apologies for my delayed response.  

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:22 am
Rouge Strike
Oh, right... Thank you, Auriga, I had not thought of that.

I'm glad you were able to get an answer ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:17 am
I'm going to need to talk to someone about methods of donation... I'm having a hard time limiting myself to 12 donation items, as well as trying not to give all of the gold I've made to the guild--At some point, I almost expect to be given a "traffic limit" on how much I can donate.  

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces