Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam - Weaver's Grace Festival

Back to Guilds

A place for holiday festivities and fun! 

Reply [ Dusty Tomes ] - Archives
[ Guest Colorist Rules ] Read me!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 pm
The following are the rules and guidelines all of our guest artists will be required to abide by!
This is a temporary position running through the month of December, but we maintain a standard here at Realm of the B'alam and we want everyone to know what that standard is before applying. If you don't think you can maintain our standard- don't apply!

So you wanna be a guest colorist huh?

We greet you with our love and affection, but also with the boring stuff, like rules and guidelines. I know, I know, no one likes those things! But hey, we're a civilized society, and as such we just gotta have dem rules! So let's get to 'em shall we?

✿ As a Guest Colorist, What can I do?
XXXXX✓ For this event, you can convert the clay figurines colored by our patrons into adult B'alam. We ask that you try to make the full B'alam resemble the figures as best you can- but if some are a little wanting in the quality department, dress it up so it meets our standard of quality.
XXXXX✓ For every 5 B'alam that you roll, you can choose one to do. You -must- roll 5 before picking one out, this ensures that you aren't just coloring for friends or choosing themes that appeal to you.
XXXXX✓ At the end of the month, your points will be added up and these can be applied towards customs that you can color for yourself or friends!

❀ So ... As a Guest Colorist, what can't I do?
XXXXX✗ Paid Customs - As a non full time colorist, we can't offer the same benefits as our full timers can receive.
XXXXX✗ Breedings - This position is not for breedings! It's only for converting clay figures to B'alam.
XXXXX✗ Edits
XXXXX✗ Color Cubs - Adult B'alam only!
XXXXX✗ Combine primary features! This means no light scales with dark wings, dark wings with fire horns, ice fluff with wind wings, etc.
XXXXX✗ Cosplays. If a clay figure is colored to be a cosplay, the individual is breaking a rule and the figure should be left to gather dust. Sorry! Them's the rules.
XXXXX✗ Hot topic themed B'alam. Again, this is against the rules. If someone does a clay figure with a hemp leaf, a political statement, etc. it's to collect dust- they've broken the rules.
XXXXX✗ Be lazy - At B'alam we hold our colorists to a standard, and we trust you all to uphold it. While there are exceptions, we expect you all to be aware and avoid the following in most situations:
XXXXXXXXXXXX☠ Clones
XXXXXXXXXXXX☠ One Palette Colors
XXXXXXXXXXXX☠ Over Use of Twins
XXXXX✗ B'alam for greylisted or blacklisted users. They are to be excluded from the event, whether it's as a gifter or a recipient.
XXXXX✗ Mock-breeding B'alam. Someone may post a figure that looks like the result of a 'mock breeding' between two B'alam. Because things can get hairy with these, we're disallowing them.

✾ So ... What happens if we break the rules?
XXXXXXXXXXXX☢ Offense 1 - Warning - You will be PMed about your mistake and be made of aware your first offense.
XXXXXXXXXXXX☢ Offense 2 - Fired. Sorry, but this event is pretty straight forward!

And that's how we do things here at The Realm of the B'alam! Pretty simple stuff right? If you have questions, comments, concerns, or just wanna throw tomatoes at me, you know where to find me! So please don't hesitate to contact either LYJ, Depawsit, or Thalion with the appropriate response and we'll get you a response ASAP. These rules aren't meant to single anyone out, or anything of that particular matter. They are merely meant to keep everyone in line - even the full time colorists! Remember guys, we're all here to have fun! So let's not take things too seriously. Let's do what we have to do to make B'alam a successful shop and a great environment!

Now that we're officially opening our doors, we're cracking down on the rules to make sure that we never become the shops we were pushed out of. And we would appreciate each and every one of you for helping us to make the shop everything it can be!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 am
Perks!

Earning Credits•••
→ For every 5 clay figures you convert by rolling a page number & post number you can cc 1 clay figure. This can be for a friend, a newbie, or just a design you like.

→ For every 10 clay figures that you convert, you earn 5 points. Points will be awarded and can be exchanged following the conclusion of the event.

→ At the end of the event we will be hiring up to 3 part time colorists! We'll discuss as a staff who can qualify based on history within the shop, conduct, quality, and overall attitude.

Credit Exchange •••
xxx◘ 10 points | Custom adult colored by yourself. You may keep or gift.
xxx◘ 5 points | Custom familiar colored by yourself. You may keep or gift.

The Grand Weaver
Captain

[ Dusty Tomes ] - Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces