Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Interest check for 3.5ed games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which game do you want to see played first?
Restless Dead
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Shadow Reign
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Nightly Menace
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:48 pm
Hey guys, I'm pretty new here but wanted to try to run a fun game or two... but I'm not sure which of these games would interest everyone just yet. I've put up a poll, so whichever one wins by Friday will be the first one I'll run (I'm sure I'll run ALL of them eventually).

Also - my games are open to all players, newbie or oldbie, just let me know if you are new so I can help if needed.

Thanks!

Now on to the games -

====================================

Restless Dead -
Level: 1
Players: 1-4
Good For: Beginners or someone who just wants to play a quick game
Expected Game Length: 2-3 games

You have all come to this nameless, backwater village on your travels, hoping to rest for the night but when you arrive you find everything in disarray and the villagers in a panic. As you investigate what's going on you discover that the dead are no longer resting easy in their crypts. 

Sensing that you may be their last hope, the villagers beg of you to travel together to the crypts and put the dead back to rest. 

Restless Dead won the poll, the link to the game thread can be found here:
Link

The Nightly Menace
Level: 1
Players: 1-3
Good For: Beginners or someone who just wants to play a quick game
Expected Game Length: 1-3 games

The lonely hamlet of Esher is under an attack by an unknown fiend.
People are stolen out of their beds during the night, animals are slaughtered in the fields, and crops are burned to the ground.

The people turn their hopes to you, an intrepid band of adventurers, and beg you to save them from this horrendous creature.

Shadow Reign
Starting level: 5
Party: 3-6 players
Good For: Intermediate or someone who just wants to play a long campaign
Expected Game Length: 3-6 months

Terror swept across the land as magic users from all walks of life were being murdered in their homes and temples. In a tavern in Solang a bard dropped dead mid performance. A hedge witch from Talots was murdered and her home burned to the ground. The dark wizard Grimweld was found vivisected on his own sacrificial table. No one appeared to be safe from this menace. 

In the midst of a rising tide of panic the wizards called a conclave, summoning all the heads of the orders to restore order to the realms. The heads set out towards the elvish city of Asu’daer to plan the resistance, but none ever arrived there. 

Pandemonium reigned. 

As the orders scattered to the winds riots began breaking out. Temples were smashed, the priests and monks turned out of their homes. Magic towers and shops were razed to the ground. No one wanted magic near them, not with the horrors that were appearing almost daily. 

It has been a year since the fateful day that the magic users vanished. While most people claim to be glad that they are gone, the outlying villages cry for the return of magic to their lives. And quietly, so quietly, a call has gone out asking for all would be heroes to come to the ruins of the once proud city Obring to save what magic is left.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:00 pm
Zombies would be amazing.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm
All in all I think you should run the two short games first.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:40 pm
I was seriously considering it, but I figured I'd get some feedback first just in case everyone was like "Noooo! No short games! Boo!".  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:00 pm
So what will be allowed for your games. Is it just core, core and splat, or core splat and dragon magazine. (Please dont do the last one)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:14 pm
Generally what I allow are all core classes and races, though I do also accept some of the stuff from the other books as long as it's within reason. If there is something that someone REALLY wants to play, and they ask nicely I'll try to find some way that we can make a compromise. That way they can play a character that they love, but not be game breakingly overpowered.

No undead. No half dragon-unicorn-fairy mixes (I get that one a lot *sigh*).  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:29 pm
Will you accept a changeling?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 pm
Just in case information: Changlings are found in Monster Manual 3 and Eberron book.

Because, you took away my favored undead race.
I am game for both; Nightly Menace and Restless Dead, Voted for Zombies though.  

Xun Ira

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:46 pm
Could I by chance play something from the book Savage Species? I don't want to play anything crazy like a baby dragon or something but perhaps a harpy or centaur as I have character art for both those characters. I feel the book does a pretty good job of balancing them out by combining the monster as both a class and race.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:11 pm
Neither character looks particularly game breaking, however the centaur might have problems simply because of ceiling height. Both the Nightly Menace and Restless Dead take place inside indoor environments - one a crypt and the other the inside of a cavern. I would suggest taking that into account before deciding to go with that for either one of those campaigns. I would suggest taking a medium sized creature for both of those campaigns and save the centaur for something akin to Shadow Reign (while that one does have indoor encounters and exploration, it's not like it's the whole game).  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:52 pm
Cool. Time for the return of a character I have always wanted to finish a campaign with.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:21 pm
Awesome!

Oohh, looks like Restless Dead is in the lead so far!
*goes off to make sure all maps are still up to date*  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:52 pm
Hmm, in that case I'd like to play a Drider from the Savage Species book. Freshly exiled from the Underdark she would have decided that the catacombs were a nice place to set up house. However, the dead then got all uppity in the place and forced her from her new found home. She would join the other adventures as soon as they approached the catacombs to help them clear out the undead from the place she wants to reside.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:49 pm
Kowsauni
Hmm, in that case I'd like to play a Drider from the Savage Species book. Freshly exiled from the Underdark she would have decided that the catacombs were a nice place to set up house. However, the dead then got all uppity in the place and forced her from her new found home. She would join the other adventures as soon as they approached the catacombs to help them clear out the undead from the place she wants to reside.
Heh, you really like picking the odd ones, don't you? I won't say you can't play it, but bear in mind that the players (or townsfolk) may try to kill you on sight. You can do it if you want, but be prepared for the worst - after all, upon seeing a drider wandering around near the crypts they may even think that you were the one behind the raising of the undead. If you choose to play this, I would suggest having a really, really awesome opening statement to keep them from jumping you.  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:02 pm
Drider: Hello my name is.

Villager: Holy hell that a big spider. Lemmy get the giant boot.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff