Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
how to questions (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artistz

Hallowed Slayer

23,315 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
  • Super Fan 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:41 am
1st how do u have a pic of an item on gaia, where you click on it and it goes to the market place?

2nd how do you make the codes for banners?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:48 pm
Artistz
1st how do u have a pic of an item on gaia, where you click on it and it goes to the market place?

2nd how do you make the codes for banners?

Both use the same concept. ^ ___^
What you want is the code that looks like:

[url=ThePLaceYouWantToLinkTo]WordOfChoice[/url]

Just like if I wanted to link to the NSTG, but use the word, "NSTG" instead of showing the whole link just like:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/the-newbie-supporting-and-training-guild/g.2857/]NSTG[/url]

However, instead of using words... I place the url of the image in that spot (surrounded by image tags), like:

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/the-newbie-supporting-and-training-guild/g.2857/][img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/LilyPiggie/Gaia Stuff/NSTGGuildBanner.png[/img][/url]

You can type up this code yourself, however, it's easier if you use the URL button that you see from the reply box. (It's to the left of the change text color box.) You paste the url of where you want to link to in the first prompt, then place the url of your image in the second prompt. Make sure you have image tags. If not, you can always type them in after the fact. ^^

To link to the marketplace, place the marketplace link in the first prompt, and place the image url in the second prompt. To get the image url, right click on the image itself. A menu appears. In chrome, I see the words "copy image url" about halfway down. Click that. You now have the image url for the item. Be sure to paste it before copying something else. ^^
(In Firefox, use the "Copy Image Location" prompt.)

Here's how I like to link to marketplace items:

Go to the marketplace listing for the item. I'll use the Devil Tail.
Right click on one of the listings (so the image is the proper size), select "copy image url." You now have the image for the item copied.
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/1163e3f4601.png

Click the IMG Button. Paste the URL (use ctrl p). You now have the image for the item within image tags.
[img]http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/1163e3f4601.png[/img]

Now highlight your image code, including the image tags.

Click the URL Button.
Paste the url for the marketplace listing in the first prompt. Click OK. If your image url was highlighted when you clicked the URL Button, it will now appear in the second prompt. Click OK. Done!
User Image

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:06 pm
Oops, haha. My fancy coding broke the page. > < I didn't want to use the code tags because I wanted to color code it. u .u;

Anywho~ you know that you have to upload the banner picture to an image hosting site like tinypic.com, right? That's how you get the url for your banner.

Annndddddd... if any of that isn't clear, just let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 pm
sdrawkcab
Oops, haha. My fancy coding broke the page. > < I didn't want to use the code tags because I wanted to color code it. u .u;

Anywho~ you know that you have to upload the banner picture to an image hosting site like tinypic.com, right? That's how you get the url for your banner.

wow
i really appreciate you taking the time to teach me

thanks a bunch
it makes more sense now  

Artistz

Hallowed Slayer

23,315 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
  • Super Fan 250

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:39 pm
Artistz
sdrawkcab

wow
i really appreciate you taking the time to teach me

thanks a bunch
it makes more sense now

Yay! Glad to help. :3 Y'welcome.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items