Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
free stuff (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
RupertBear1920 rolled 4 12-sided dice: 10, 3, 1, 12 Total: 26 (4-48)

RupertBear1920

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:27 pm
is there ne free things that cud b helpful
heart  
RupertBear1920 generated a random number between 6 and 1 ... !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:31 pm
like kewl items or ne thing

heart  

RupertBear1920

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:48 pm
Sometimes, Gaia will release free item grants... These items are obtained by just by clicking the grant link. :3 There are a few different threads that list the links, check out this one:
Official Item Grant Archive
I see that you have a paw avatar. Some of the freebie grants are [animal] items. ^^

You can also participate in the charities and games created by other users to give out great items~
NSTG - Charities, Contests, Games

And~ you can dive in the Dumpster for items that have been donated by other users. It'll be a random assortment, but mostly you'll find items called Philosopher's Caches that are used for the Alchemy System. You can dive once every five minutes. ^^

And I'm sure there are more things, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:41 am
Please try to help me for some forums that are helpful for the quest thread that I have. im questing for Ombre Locks, any ombres will do... any donations will do... i also like to join contests and it is hard work... whew, what can i do to have more gold or items for my avatar/quests... heart  

PeculiarBunny

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:11 pm
Teru17
Please try to help me for some forums that are helpful for the quest thread that I have. im questing for Ombre Locks, any ombres will do... any donations will do... i also like to join contests and it is hard work... whew, what can i do to have more gold or items for my avatar/quests... heart

The guild will give you a donation if you create a quest thread in the: Item Quests forum.

You'll need to do specific things such as:
        List the item you want and how much gold you still need to buy it.
        Keep track of your progress and give updates on how you're doing.
        Keep a list of donations you've received toward your quest.

Actively post in your thread for about a month, and the guild will give you a donation towards your goal. You can find all of this info here: How to Receive a Donation from the NSTG Treasury

I see that you already have a quest thread. That's great! However, if you want the option of getting help from the NSTG guild, you'll also need to make one in their forum. This is optional, but it would help!

And to get more gold or items for your avatars/quests... here are some ideas:
      Dive in the Dumpster Dive. This one is hit or miss. You'll find items that are donated by other Gaians. Sometimes they're expensive; sometimes they're cheap.

Collect Gaia Cash from the Cash Tree. This is a slow process. I watch the videos for cash. Some videos give 5gc, some only give 1gc. I earn anywhere from 1gc to 60gc per day this way. If you save it up, you can buy items from the Cash Shop to sell in the marketplace for gold.

Collect the Daily Chance carts each day. These are the red carts that you see on the main landing pages: Gaia, My Gaia, GCash, Shops, Forums, World, and Games. If you log in for 6 of 7 days, the carts turn yellow and give out better prizes. I usually get either 1 mil gold or 150k from each cart.
      You might get charms for GoFusion (Heart charm, Star Charm, Diamond Charm). You can save them to craft items to sell or you can just sell the charms. (If you don't know about GoFusion, let me know and I can give a better explanation.)

Participate in the games in the Charities, Contests and Games forum for a chance at items/gold.

Play Booty Grab.

Collect paper, trash, bugs and flowers in Towns or Towns 2 and sell those items. You can also play Gaia Fishing and sell the fish that you catch.
      If you can draw, you can make gold by selling art.
      Ummm... lots of stuff. XD; Let me know if you'd like a better explanation of any of this stuff. ^^ There also should be some guides around here about how to make gold.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:31 pm
sdrawkcab

thank you for the information. there. i have included my quest thread on Item Quests.. i hope they'll be able to check it out.

whew... heart

for selling art, how do you do it?  

PeculiarBunny

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:20 pm
Teru17
sdrawkcab

thank you for the information. there. i have included my quest thread on Item Quests.. i hope they'll be able to check it out.

whew... heart

for selling art, how do you do it?

Glad to help. And, awesome! Good luck with your quests. c:

Um, I can't get Gaia to load. XD I'm going to type this up while I wait. And post when Gaia is working.

First of all, I think the best way to go about this is to spend time looking at art shops before you make one. Pay attention to what formats are good and things you should include in your shop (samples, prices, etc). You'll also need to pay attention to how much the art is worth. Try to find art that is comparable to yours to get an idea of what it sells for.

One way to sell art on Gaia is to create your own art shop thread in the Art Shops Forum. Here, users will come to you looking for art. Be sure to keep your thread active so people see it (like you do with your quest thread).

Another thing, be sure to check out the Pricing and Suggestions forum to get an idea of how much art is worth.

Like I said, pay attention to how people run their shops. You'll see whether it's better to have set prices, to ask for tips, to ask for bribes, etc. No matter what, on Gaia, you can only sell art in exchange for gold or items. No cash and no real money.

This is a wonderful guide for making an art shop. It's a long read, but it's very good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:15 am
how can i get donations? what is quest thread?  

Charlotte Eliana Leontine

Adorable Kitten

MikasaX93

Hilarious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 pm
how do i get free stuff?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:37 pm
MyungKrystal
how can i get donations? what is quest thread?

Hi! You asked multiple questions the other day, so I offered up some suggestions here. c:

MikasaX93
how do i get free stuff?

Hmm~

Well, sometimes Gaia gives out item freebies. You can get these items by clicking on links. Check out the Item Grants section of the Official Item Grant Archive. (It's not really official. That's just what the user named their list.)
Gaia releases item grants at random, so there's no guarantee of when new item grant freebies are available.

You can always participate in games and contests and hope to win some items. ^ ___^ The NSTG has a whole forum full of games to choose from. Be sure to read the rules for each thread.
(And check out You Are My Sunshine. It's a guild event that's on right now and it has a variety of contests to participate in.)

As to other options... you can check out charities that give items away to help out newbies and such. You'll find NSTG Charities in there with the games.
Gaia also has a forum for charities. If you sift through the "quest threads", you'll find "charity threads." Be sure to read the rules of any thread that you post in. c: And, the biggest thing, don't beg for items. Charities usually give out items to people who are hanging out, having fun and being positive and they frown against people who keep asking for items/gold.
(I know you didn't beg here. You just asked a question. It's all good! Great question! I'm just giving a (hopefully) thorough answer.)

Oh yeah! Don't forget Dumpster Dive.
You can dive once every five minutes. You will get one random item each time you do. You might find items donated by other Gaians. This will range from items worth 50g to items worth 1 bil or more. It depends on your luck and how generous someone was.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items