Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
Grocery Store Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 pm
ll Neo ll

AnnoyedPanda

User Image

~Keefe Aka~

I want to be where
I don’t need to hide myself

"Snacks?" His eyebrows lifted in surprise. With as much rain as they were getting, and the threat of storms, local creatures took no panic and didn't seem to be worried. This was fortunately clarified a little bit by the young man, who offered more suggestions, some of which seemed to also be classified as snack foods. Things that would survive being on shelves. Fruit, and the like. Curious, it seemed, to Keefe.

Was the virtue of snacks that they didn't go bad too quickly in an emergency? It also struck Keefe as strange to think on water not being a recommended purchase, though a necessary commodity. Was all water safe to consume, even when the risk of contamination convinced the terrestrial races to wash and constantly sanitize? What was the difference between the water that was sold and that which was freely accessible, thanks to the planet's precipitation?

How legitimate, then, were the claims of filth congregating around businesses, places, and locations like the toilet? Perhaps he still needed to accumulate more information to filter through these questions he was gathering.

He took some note of what was suggested as he scanned the store. There, fortunately, was an abundance of fruit and vegetables, and if they were as open as they were, perhaps he and his brood-sister could find something of aught to consume and whether the storm. A loss of power wasn't a great concern to either of them, as all that meant was no access to the artificial light and warmth/cooling their apartment unit provided. His search was quick, as he was also curious about whether those who were with him had means of returning home. Was help necessary?

The young woman didn't seem unduly burdened. Was it merely polite to ask? Keefe would study this interaction silently. It was much easier to hear now that he had been allowed to remain in conversational proximity.

And remain there
Until the end of time

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❝Ⓛⓘⓢⓐ Ⓡⓞⓩⓐⓡⓘⓞ Ⓜⓐⓡⓣⓘⓝⓔⓩ❞
══════════════════════════

"No soy todo lo que ves, pero tampoco ves todo lo que soy."

"Snacks!" the woman stated, picking up a few bags she had picked up and grinned over to their new companion, hopefully clarifying his confusion. Lisa had her eyes cast over Finn as the two now awaited his response. Although she was aware of the no perishables, she wanted to know if there was more to it than just that. With her brow cocking from his response, she tapped her fist on her palm like something just struck her. That's right! fruits! she forgot to add some of those into her cart, no wonder it looked so empty. Bread was good, she had that, crackers, some canned goods, good good..she had a good start is what it would seem. "I believe I'm headed in the right direction now." she stated as she nodded to herself. Maybe the addition of fruits would make her feel less like she was eating unhealthy, a good addition indeed.

With their attention back on Finn, she did reflect back on it and it sure did make sense. There was a good possibility of contamination with this kind of flooding and a good thing she always bottled her water being so used to drinking it chilled and having it next to her while she worked on her art. It was quite easy for her to forget about even drinking water and go about the day dehydrated so bottling it up was her best option. Besides, she did claim it was the secret to her clear skin. Finn sure seemed like he knew what to do in situations like these, has he been through them before? Either way, it was nice of him to help them out. "You sure know your way around things like these." the woman stated to him, with a light smile, "Thank you for all your help though." she added, glancing over at the Crimson haired man next. "Do you still have a clean supply of water back at your place?" she asked, trying to make sure he too got what he needed in case of any disastrous turns the weather took.

"Oh no thank you, I borrowed my landlord's car. He said it was fine as long as.." she smacked her forehead hard enough to leave a red spot beyond her bangs. "¡Aye, qué tonta!Oh how stupid! she mumbled to herself, looking back at her company of two. "He asked me to get him a box of beer... how could I forget that..." she shook her head, no harm done though, as long as she remembered. "Do you two have a ride home though? If not, I could drop you two...provided you help me get the carton in the trunk." she stated with a bright grin. Surely she wouldn't mind taking a little detour and surely the landlord shouldn't feel bad about it either, she was playing delivery boy for him and his beer, the least he could do is let her spend a little extra time with his beloved car.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Company: Finn and a stranger || Mood: Cheery || Single || ⓁⓇⓂ || Where: The grocery store || Listening to:Mira Sofia || OOTD: Cozy casual
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Occ:
AnnoyedPanda
Rihenian

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:37 pm
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, נυℓч ⑥тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑦①
( ⑧ мσитнs, ②⑧ םαчs )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 pm
Avalaria Aysalith

It's something you or time cannot heal
I need someone to help me rise above

The weather had eased from the day before, so she was led to understand. The day before, from what she understood, the rain had thundered on the rooftops and threatened to flood the roads. There was rain still around. Frankly, it was hard to avoid the water. It was so easy to hear and the moisture that one could almost taste as they were out and about the town.

In any case, she was here because there were things she needed to get. First, some manner of food. Her diet was unique, and there were things she couldn't quite stomach, but she had a fair amount of luck in other places that she had passed through. If, here, they at least had some manner of sea food that she could take to her apartment and prepare, then she was certain she would be able to survive here.

Still..... it was hard enough to approach a total stranger to ask what aisle had the things she was looking for. She was already feeling the tension in her spine, her hands tremble, and her mouth going dry. She tried to listen. Was there anyone around?

Come over here and let me tell you something
Nothing ever comes of nothing.

Lord Hedo

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150

Lord Hedo

Combative Rogue

16,700 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Novice Striker 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 am
User Image
Ryan Martinez Torrez

He knows he's been in this store before as well but can't recall with whom. All these flashbacks were always giving him a headache, but with each episode his blurry memory cleared slightly. The night before taught him that food is always nice to have in a hotel room, and seeing this would be his same situation tonight he figured to plan ahead and get his meal before having to walk the cold streets in search for an open fast food spot. A basket of lemons and Hawaiian Punch later Ryan walks close enough to have noticed a lunar skinned woman gazing around with ruby bright eyes. He figured at first she was simply thinking about what to make just like he was and didn't pay much attention at first; Besides noticed how she stood out of the crowd with her features. It wasn't until he left the seafood aisle that knew something was up because it looked as though the woman hadn't moved an inch since he first passed by. Figuring it was her first time in the store he thought to give the stranger a hand just as others had done for him before; Or at least he was pretty sure that's what someone did on his first day here.

"Excuse me, miss?" Ryan spoke in a polite town as he made sure to keep a slight distance between them. "Are you looking for someone or something?"

Company:: Stranger
Clothing:: In picture
Feeling:: Curious and Helpful
Condition:: Healthy
Wallet:: 5,000$
Items:: Fake I.D, Grendel P30 and Prepaid cellphone
Rihenian
Ugh, I'm a little rusty. xc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 am
Avalaria Aysalith

There was movement, going one way and then another. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to tell her who the employees were, who she should ask anything of, and it didn't give her much direction. Despite her appearance, she didn't trust her sense of smell.... because she didn't have one. She had other senses that she translated the world with.

One such individual had been going around with steps of confidence... a set of steps that entered the store and walked with purpose, as was commonly found with those who could see from a distance what they wanted and cleared the distance to get it. Employees, or those who worked in a place, moved a little slower and lingered in an area longer as they organized stock and inventory.

She hadn't expected the customer to cycle back around. She fought the stiffness in her back. She turned. Her eyes only saw an outline of a person who was taller than herself, but the tone of this stranger was polite.

"I'm afraid I did get lost." She hadn't picked up a basket. Her hands, free of anything, folded together. She tried to smile. She had already been found. "I came for a few things. Shrimp, some sesame oil, and either ahi or tuna steaks. If they sell those things here."

The other ingredients she looked for, like garlic, onions, and sea salt, were common enough to be found at any store she had gone to. For the fish, it seemed to be a hit or miss. She would settle for chicken, however.

"Are you familiar with this place?"

Lord Hedo

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150

Lord Hedo

Combative Rogue

16,700 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Novice Striker 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:26 am
User Image
Ryan Martinez Torrez

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Though this was actually the first time he's been in the store since he returned he could feel his legs move him through this place with familiarity. it was a strange sort of unconscious feeling but at the same time it was his own mind playing tricks on him; If you could call it that. "It's actually funny you mentioned seafood because I just came from that aisle." A softly friendly smile unknowingly blossomed on his lips as he readjusted the basket in his hand with freshly added salmon shuffling from the basket's movement. "Come with me. I'll show you the tuna, it's all the way in the back." While normally it wouldn't be so much of a hassle to reach it fine by one's self he understood how it felt to be lost in this place. Though his mind was still fuzzy he could totally remember himself in her exact same position before. Not only that, but...it was super crowded today!

Perhaps everyone was preparing to wait out the deluge that suddenly swept the island but whatever the case everyone was stocking up on lots of treats, making maneuvering of the crowd a hassle. So as the young man turned to lead he first made sure the lady stay close before taking his first steps with his thick steel toed boots; A light rhythm playing with every step. "So, you got a name miss?"

Company:: Stranger
Rihenian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:37 am
Avalaria Aysalith

Relieved that he was familiar enough to be a guide, she felt herself relax a little, but it wasn't quite enough to remove the tension coiled around her spine and ready to snap. It would have been far too easy to spring and run. This wasn't particularly necessary. Was it?

She approached and followed him. It was easy to follow his steps, given their unique weight and cadence, but she was also able to keep him in sight.

"I do, as most." She smiled slightly. "Avalaria Aysalith. I'll answer to Ava."

He led past the aisle and around to a colder part of the store. As they approached, the outline proved to be more familiar, and she was relieved at this. She did need to be closer still to be able to read the labels. (Or, she hoped to read it. She only had a handful of written languages in her skillset.)

Lord Hedo

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150

Lord Hedo

Combative Rogue

16,700 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Novice Striker 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:25 am
User Image
Ryan Martinez Torrez

"Avalaria Aysalith. Huh." Ryan had a habit now of repeating names to hear them said from his own lips. It wasn't because he like particular names more than others but it was to see if they would jog his memory. He's noticed that when he says a name of somebody he use to know it slowly strings events for him which add him in recalling the past. So far this has worked with remembering his mob boss and with that he's recalled a boat just before his return; And an explosion he had set up to take his boss' life. "That's a nicely unique name. Though Ava is a time saver." While trying to play as normal as possible it was somewhat difficult at times. Thankfully Avalaria is someone new to him seeing as her name didn't bring any flashes but just the fact he had to go about things like this really bothered him. Nevertheless, that was neither here nor there.

What was important though was aiding a squinty-eyed Avalaria, who seemed to be having troubles of her own. "That one says mackerel." Ryan kindly pointed out before pointing to a different section of the cold case display. "You wanted tuna, right? It's just to your left." He didn't know much about Avalaria but Ryan was fairly good at reading body language, and at this very moment her eyes were saying at all. "Did you forget your contacts today? If you'd like I got enough to spring for some glasses. They won't be medical but it'll be good enough to get you by on days like these." After saying this though, he felt a singe play on his cheeks. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to sound rude. I mean, I don't even know a thing about you and here I go assuming stuff!"

Company:: Avalaria Aysalith
Rihenian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 pm
Avalaria Aysalith

Many found it much easier to say Ava than her proper first name. She didn't blame them for this at all, because her name was different. Few understood its origin, and for that, she was grateful. At the same time, it served to filter through people. The rarest people were those who could translate. But then, such individuals seemed as impossibly rare as herself.

Oh? Mackerel wasn't what she wanted. Color rose in her face as she drew her hand back and as she moved in the direction he led. Within five feet, she had better sight and was better able to see. Within five feet, her vision was as perfect as it could get. Or, so she felt. Beyond that distance, however, everything became increasingly blurred.

She was fairly confident that she would learn the layout of this area in time. She hoped. Probably. Most likely.

The color continued to rise and she swallowed. She didn't dare visit any manner of doctor. She didn't trust anyone that could take her apart or who could find vital organs and end their processes if they made a mistake. But then, part of the issue could easily have come from the question of doctors in general. What manner of creature were they skilled in healing? A vet? A zoologist?

"It's much easier when I'm closer. Just beyond you, however, I have trouble making out details." She avoided eye contact at this point, deciding to focus on the tuna itself and to check the price and how it was packaged. "I must be too obvious."

Lord Hedo

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, נυℓч ②⑤тн
םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑨0
( ⑨ мσитнs, ⑰ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      Skye sighed as she leaned against her cart. She had been staring at the cereal aisle for the past three minuets. It wasn't that she was having trouble deciding. No, she would likely grab a box of cinnamon toast crunch or reese's puffs. Right now she was just a little distracted with her own thoughts. It'd been 2 weeks since Ryan popped back up in her life and she was staying true to what she told him. She wasn't going to let him just slip back into her life like nothing had happened. Plus, even if he wasn't saying anything about it, Skye had a feeling that things weren't completely alright with him. She didn't want to pry, but at the same time.. keeping secrets wasn't a way to get her trust back. With a slight groan, Skye tossed a box of reese's puffs into her cart before heading down the aisle. What was she really supposed to do about Ryan? Yeah, she could just tell him to ******** off and that she never wanted to speak to him again, which is what she would have told him back during their fight... but she really did have feelings for him and despite all that happened, he'd never directly hurt her in anyway.

Growling softly, Skye turned the corner and headed towards the next aisle. Why did things always have to be so damn difficult! Giving her head a hard shake, Skye headed down the junk food aisle and glanced at the selection. Spotting the chips she was after, the wolf pouted a little as she realized a guy was standing in the way and the only way to get the chips without seeming like a creep or accidentally inappropriately touching him would be to speak to him. Huffing softly, Skye made sure her cart was out of the way, she stood behind the male and cleared her throat. "Excuse me." She said, folding her arms over her chest.

──────────────────────────────────
                                      x ᴘʀᴏғιʟᴇhere x ᴅᴀᴛιɴɢnobody x sᴛʏʟᴇBleh x ᴏᴏc -
                                      EchoMonroe

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm
☽ I can be your heavenly or I can be your hell
I can say a prayer for you or I can cast a spell ✬

♠мøηяøє♣
==== ☠ ====

Monroe was browsing through the supermarket in an attempt to get some food in his home. He had just moved in and had a real lack of anything that was moderately edible. He was already a bit on edge being in a crowded place with what his mind deemed as too much noise and too many people. It was already beginning to give him a massive headache. He'd managed to actually get some decently healthy food before turning down the junk aisle. He'd been eyeballing which hips he should get when he heard a pointed throat clear from behind him followed by an "excuse me". He glanced over his shoulder to see a woman with her arms crossed over her chest. He gave a cursory sniff out of instinct. Something about her was a bit...off. He had picked up on her eyes being ever so slightly too yellow toned but pushed it aside as he turned to face her a bit more. "Can I help you," he asked doing his best to keep any inflection from his voice. It wasn't her fault after all that his anxiety was ramping him up.

✬ I push you to the darkness just to pull you to the light
Cause I can take away your breath or I can bring you back to life ☾

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      Skye eyed the male a little it as he turned around, almost immediately put a little on edge by his intimidating appearance. Straightening her back up a little bit, Skye freed one of her arms and pointed at the bags of cheeto's that the male was blocking. "If you don't mind I'd like a bag." She said. "I would have just reached around, but I didn't want to accidentally grope you instead." She said with a soft, humorless, chuckle. Interacting with strangers wasn't really her strength and it was probably painfully obvious. Not that Skye really cared. She was never the type that was super concerned with making friends. In fact, the reason she did have the friends she did... or rather... had, was because they approached her first and kind of trapped her into being her friend. Now a days... she didn't talk to a single one of them. In fact, the person she considered to be her best friend at the moment was her little brother. It was kind of sad really.

It was just that the last time she tried to make friends it ended up backfiring on her, so at this point in time, she wasn't too enthusiastic about jumping back into the social world.

──────────────────────────────────
                                      x ᴘʀᴏғιʟᴇhere x ᴅᴀᴛιɴɢnobody x sᴛʏʟᴇBleh x ᴏᴏc -
                                      EchoMonroe

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:08 am
☽ I can be your heavenly or I can be your hell
I can say a prayer for you or I can cast a spell ✬

♠мøηяøє♣
==== ☠ ====

Monroe gave a small snort at the comment about her groping him. I'm more accustomed to a different type of reach around but okay. Wait, don't say that. If he was being honest it probably wouldn't have bothered him much as he'd always been very touch oriented. He gave her another once over and noticed she was only about two inches shorter than him. He wasn't surprised as he knew he was considered short for a guy. "Even if you had it wouldn't have bothered me," he said with a bit of a smirk. He leaned down and grabbed a bag of the Cheetos she sought out and handed them to her. "I'm Monroe by the way," he added ",I'm new to the area."

✬ I push you to the darkness just to pull you to the light
Cause I can take away your breath or I can bring you back to life ☾

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games