Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Dalcaria Reborn! (Accepting Profiles!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in any of the roleplays below?
  Yes.
  No.
  Maybe.
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:05 am
The Lady Reaper
Oay, so im still definitely interested in the rp, either pre empire or the unification era will work, just gotta know so I can make the finer details of the character, also, Im a little lost on the towns in Whitehaven ><

as a little hint for you guys who are familiar with the Inquisitors, and just until I can finish the profile for her,

Meet Eirena McKay, Aydan's ancestor, she's pretty much the reason Aydan was so messed up with the odd powers she had, and the raging monster she was.

Glad we can have you! Well, it seems there may be a shift in interest to the Unification Era, so that may be the one we go with, so long as no one objects. As for the towns in Whitehaven, I haven't come up with many other names outside of the capital yet (Hammershavn), so I may have to work more on that later.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:50 am
Username: Reo Kage
Name: Tiran Deathcreep, (Gravelord)
Race/Nationality/Species: Dalcarian, Human
Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Forever curious, questioning, he is a very quiet person, he sees no need in pointless words, but when there is a topic to actually speak upon, he makes his voice known so to speak.

Rank: He was born a nobleman, he is not rich, but would not go wanting for small luxuries. He has trained with military, but was never enlisted though his fighting prowess is something worth mention. He has no real political standing, but his advice has been sought out by a few higher political and socialite people.
Education: He Has studied History & Philosophy for many years. He even stumbled upon books forgotten to time just sitting on old shelves.

Factions: The Golgari Swarm

Religion/Philosophy: The Golgari Swarm is the embodiment and amalgamation of life and death. The guild believes that life and death are both natural and are essential to, and as essential as, one another, with life and death being natural elements of a cycle with no intermediary break. Growth, and thus power, however slowly but ruthlessly and inevitably, are key to the Swarm...
Political Ideals: The Golgari are the scavengers and decomposers at the fringes of the food chain, but yearn to be the predators at the top.

Biography: An exceptional intelligence, and fascination with death and plants at a young age made him a perfect candidate for the forgotten slow growing guild of the Golgari, they watched him throughout his life waiting until his late teens to make their presence known. By then he was well into his studies on plants and decomposition, along with his other studies, the offered him a seat in their guild which he promptly took. The longer he stayed with the Golgari the more they revealed about their philosophy on life and death and showed it through plant life. They began to train him in ways of necromancy and plant augmentation, they taught him how to fight, to become a shadow an assassin things that he may have never known if they'd never reached out to him. His social standing makes him a wonderful spy, but only for the lower courts of royalty, but the Golgari are grateful for what he can do.

Skills: A ruthless combatant, with great fighting prowess, he is an exceptional intermediate necromancer, a knowledgeable botanist, and he as quiet and seemless as a shadow in the light, and all around great cook, his intelligence supersedes most as well.

Transportation: He generally walks everywhere, but will summon am undead Horse named despair if needed.
Home: He lives in what is known as the undercity, as do most Golgari amongst the more forgotten parts or the buried ruins that the city was built on flourishing amongst the plants.

Likes: Death, Plants, Decay, Tranquil quiet, Fighting, Learning, Studying, Searching, Mysteries
Dislikes: Being Disturbed, Wasting time, Repetition, Ignorance

Weapons: Silverblack Sickle(1 handed), Silverblack Spear(6 foot long), Silverblack Shield, Chain Flail
Clothing/Armor: Wanderer of the Wastes
Powers: Necromancy, Plant manipulation

Picture: User Image
Theme Song: Dark Souls II Soundtrack OST - Graverobber  

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:27 pm
Finals are killing everyone it would appear.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:41 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Finals are killing everyone it would appear.

Yeah, I've been busy with school stuff as well. Not pretty I have to say. Still, hopefully I can get things going in the next few weeks, but we could use other players as well. If you guys know of anyone who might be interested, please send them over here! Also, hoping to get a profile up soonish. It'll be my first time playing a female character, but I think I can do a decent job with it! 3nodding  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:39 pm
Lord Sithious

/rolls in on a giant snowball

Aaalright, so I did a lot of reading and re-reading and I really really want to join in on whatever it is your brilliant mind is concocting this time! They all sound like so much fun, especially the one involving demons. Like dude. I want to be trembling in fear of the crazy evil bastards. (It's funny, because I hate being scared...) xd I love all the ideas though (as usual), and I just don't understand how you fit it all in your mind. eek

Anyway, I took a bit of a hiatus from Gaia for about a month I think, and now that I'm "back" I really want to try to make the time to contribute to this rp. (The sci fi one you mentioned as well sounds very cool as well) Hopefully I can find the time to make a character or something!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 am
Marina Elemento
Lord Sithious

/rolls in on a giant snowball

Aaalright, so I did a lot of reading and re-reading and I really really want to join in on whatever it is your brilliant mind is concocting this time! They all sound like so much fun, especially the one involving demons. Like dude. I want to be trembling in fear of the crazy evil bastards. (It's funny, because I hate being scared...) xd I love all the ideas though (as usual), and I just don't understand how you fit it all in your mind. eek

Anyway, I took a bit of a hiatus from Gaia for about a month I think, and now that I'm "back" I really want to try to make the time to contribute to this rp. (The sci fi one you mentioned as well sounds very cool as well) Hopefully I can find the time to make a character or something!

Marina! Great to see you again! Sorry we haven't spoken in so long, but I've been having some issues with school, to say the least. Oh, and sleep, that's not something I've been having a lot of fun with. stressed Anyways, we'd love to have you!

Now, as for your suggestions, we'll probably go with the unification of Dalcaria at this point, which happens give or take 1300 years before the Great Demon War. sweatdrop That said, and everyone else please take note of this, we will almost definitely have to deal with demons in this roleplay as well. Sithious will not be involved, but the demons will be, as well as demon Princes and Princesses, the hierarchy of the demon realm. At any rate, they won't be playing the role of the "main bad guy" so to speak, and at this rate I'm not so sure if there will be one or not. This roleplay will play more on politics, so to speak, than my other roleplays. Rather than having one world threatening enemy, we have dozens of different enemies, all who want to stop the Empire from uniting as one country. We may get a "main bad guy" later on, but it depends on how the story plays out. The most important thing is that we will get to see the complexity of politics, the horrors of war, and challenging levels of morality that may make us ask ourselves what we truly value. It's not going to be SUPER in depth stuff, but I hope it will have even just a little deepness to it.

Sounds great! Well again, we're glad to have you around! I'll look over my sci-fi roleplay ideas again, see what I think, but Dalcaria may be the one that rules the day. xP That said, I do hope people enjoy this universe as much as I do! If I could make it into a movie series, I would, and it would likely be a very LONG movie series. blaugh  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Marina Elemento

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:35 pm
Lord Sithious

Marina! Great to see you again! Sorry we haven't spoken in so long, but I've been having some issues with school, to say the least. Oh, and sleep, that's not something I've been having a lot of fun with. stressed Anyways, we'd love to have you!

Now, as for your suggestions, we'll probably go with the unification of Dalcaria at this point, which happens give or take 1300 years before the Great Demon War. sweatdrop That said, and everyone else please take note of this, we will almost definitely have to deal with demons in this roleplay as well. Sithious will not be involved, but the demons will be, as well as demon Princes and Princesses, the hierarchy of the demon realm. At any rate, they won't be playing the role of the "main bad guy" so to speak, and at this rate I'm not so sure if there will be one or not. This roleplay will play more on politics, so to speak, than my other roleplays. Rather than having one world threatening enemy, we have dozens of different enemies, all who want to stop the Empire from uniting as one country. We may get a "main bad guy" later on, but it depends on how the story plays out. The most important thing is that we will get to see the complexity of politics, the horrors of war, and challenging levels of morality that may make us ask ourselves what we truly value. It's not going to be SUPER in depth stuff, but I hope it will have even just a little deepness to it.

Sounds great! Well again, we're glad to have you around! I'll look over my sci-fi roleplay ideas again, see what I think, but Dalcaria may be the one that rules the day. xP That said, I do hope people enjoy this universe as much as I do! If I could make it into a movie series, I would, and it would likely be a very LONG movie series. blaugh

Ahh, so school's been attacking you too. I think I've finally gotten a breather before it ends for Christmas break! I totally understand, though I was beginning to wonder what had happened... xp

Unification of Dalcaria sounds great; I was just spewing my admiration really. You have so many ideas and I love them all so I'll probably join in with whatever y'all decide to do. Oooh yes, demons! I'm liking how this sounds more and more. I also enjoy playing demons if that'd be a possibility, because I find so much fun in creating characters that are the opposite of me. 3nodding ..."Complexity of politics, the horrors of war, and challenging levels of morality that may make us ask ourselves what we truly value"? Sooo... like real life? xd I jest of course, but I do love that it would include these "deeper" elements.

OH my gosh, if it was a movie series, I would totally watch it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:21 pm
Since I got bored and thought ironing out some details about the Lowsley family tree would be a neat thing to do, around what time does House Black become a thing? Just so I can get a good idea of when the family line goes from being upstanding but snobbish people to just plain despicable snobbish people.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:56 pm
I Have an idea to Help make the rp a little more in depth.There's a plane of existence in magic the gathering called Innistrad, now it gives a more horrific feel, like people know not to go out at night because of all the creatures such as werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and zombies are lurking about, I was thinking maybe we could replace those creatures with just demons to make the demons play a more significant role in the rp, but the other thing about Innistrad is the plane is supposed to be protected by a guardian angel I forget the angels name, but the appearance of such evils shows the angels protection has diminished, if not completely disappeared, so the people must put their faith in themselves  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:53 pm
So... uh... Sithious... Why was I not invited to this thread? crying  

Cement Cake

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:22 pm
Paper Satellite
So... uh... Sithious... Why was I not invited to this thread? crying

Eh, I just assume I have such a prominent name that when I post stuff, people decide they MUST beg me to let them have a spot in one of my fantastically whimsical creations of a strange and burdened mind!

In other words, I've been so busy lately I've pretty much invited no one, just hoped people would see it and join. xd

Also, to everyone else, I'm VERY sorry I've been so busy lately, but I'm having considerable difficulty with my sleeping issues, plus school work is not getting done as quickly as it should be, so I'm kind of in panic mode.... Again. sweatdrop

That said, I'm going to try and get more work done, and hopefully when more is done, I'll start this roleplay up. I'm very sorry to keep you all waiting, but thank you very much for your patience!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:31 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Since I got bored and thought ironing out some details about the Lowsley family tree would be a neat thing to do, around what time does House Black become a thing? Just so I can get a good idea of when the family line goes from being upstanding but snobbish people to just plain despicable snobbish people.

Hrmm... That's actually a detail I've been fretting over slightly too. I thought maybe during the Great Demon War, but then again, they do sort of need to have more history than that, since they didn't just jump in when Sithious showed up. I'm thinking that right now, a group that either is, or will become in a few centuries, House Black could fit in, but they're going to be a loose collection of necromancers, demon summoners, black magic users, etc., some of whom may be connected to wealth, others who may not be, but all coming together for the purpose of magnifying their own power, sort of like a secret society like the Free Masons. By the end, they'll probably have settled themselves in like a sort of anti-thesis to the House of Nobles, though eventually they will work their influence into those areas too.

Also of note, I may make them responsible for bringing back to life some pretty bad folks that really shouldn't have been brought back. With that in mind, I have a sort of plan for some bad guys in this story, more central ones, but I don't want them to take up the whole story, since this is primarily about the unification of Dalcaria. But they will still pose a serious enough threat, and they will have a way of meshing into the current events without creating too much strangeness to the story.

I'm just going to come out and say this folks, Dalcaria has had ancient civilizations of humans living here for a VERY long time, before even the formation of small kingdoms in the OLD days before Dalcaria. And these civilizations, well, they had to contend with enemies that Dalcaria doesn't even know existed, and actually still exist (in a different way) in the modern world of Dalcaria, just in the unexplored regions of the world.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

NamekWoman

Cluttered Lover

9,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200