Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Resources
What is that item for? [mini guide for game tab items] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Start these habits

Hiya!
The tips in this post are actions that you can do right now to collect a small bit of gold, items or cash. They're things that you can (or should) do each day since they're quick.
This will most likely be in addition to whatever you do as your main method of earning gold on this site.

Dumpster Dive
      Dumpster Dive is a feature where you can dive for items that have been donated by other Gaians.
      It's free to use. Click the "Dive! button" to receive a random item. You may click "Dive!" once every five minutes.
      You can Dive over and over if the Dumpster is full. If the Dumpster is empty, you'll receive an item from the Admin. Get between 10-20 of those items and the Dumpster will say it's empty. Just wait a bit and check again later to see when it's full.
      The great thing about this feature is that Gaians sometimes donate items worth like 30 million gold or 300 million gold. You're not guaranteed to get expensive items, but there's a chance.
      Don't like an item? Sell it or donate it back! Also, be sure to give back to the Dumpster when you can. n .n
        Pro-tip: Set a timer for 5 minutes. That way you won't forget to check the Dumpster while you're online.
        Pro-tip: A great time to check the Dumpster is after popular Chance Items are out. When the market gets saturated, Gaians dump the "fail" items into the Dumpster.

Daily Chance
      The Daily Chance cart was updated July 2014. You have the chance to earn higher amounts of gold (like 100k). There's also a good chance of finding charms (Heart, Star, Diamond) for the GOFusion feature.
      Daily Chance carts are the little red or yellow cart that you see on the main landing pages (GaiaOnline, My Gaia, Gaia Cash, Shops, GoFusion, Forums, World, Games). You can click each cart once per day.

Pro-tip: If you log on for six out of seven days (***gotta double check that figure), the cart turns from red to yellow. The yellow carts usually have a higher payout than the red ones.
        Pro Tip: Consider using Better Gaia add-on/extension for your browser. It allows you to collect your Daily Chance carts all from one page, among many other useful features.

Gaia Cash Tree
      Use the Gaia Cash Tree.
      "Watch Videos" is the easiest way to earn free Gaia cash. You earn about 5gc per video. The availability seems to fluctuate throughout the day. Check it randomly.
      "Complete Offers" has a variety of options to choose from. You can often get 100gc quickly with this method. Beware of offers that ask for personal info and credit card information.

I know that five gaia cash doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it adds up. Just think, if you earn 10gc per day, you could buy a Monthly Collectible Letter each month.
      I find that there will be no videos available for me to watch for a few days... and then I'll find 3-5 videos to watch in one day.

Click Item Grant Links
      This isn't something you'll do everyday. You'll only do this when new links are available. If you don't think you've seen these links before, well, you're in luck as there are a bunch for you to catch up on. :)

Keep an eye out for free item grants. Every so often, Gaia releases free items that you can collect just by clicking on a link. Sometimes they're announced, sometimes they're not. New links are most likely to appear during holidays like Christmas or "Talk Like a Pirate Day." Many of the grant links are time sensitive and will disappear within a time frame of a day to a week. A few of the grant links remain active for years.

If a free item grant link is found, Gaians usually share the news. Here's a thread that lists the active item grants: Grant Item Archive.
      Click on the links to collect the item grants. The number of items you can collect is marked. If it says "grants 1", you can only earn one item. However, if it says "grants 3," click the link 3 times to collect three copies of that item.

Pro-tip: Subscribe to an item list grant thread (like the one above). You'll be notified whenever the thread gets a post. It's often just people saying thanks for the thread. However, it could also be someone posting a link to the latest grant.
        Pro-tip: Reduce idle chatter on those threads. It's actually best to not post unless you found a new grant link to share. Users get upset when they receive notification of a post, and it's just a couple users talking.

Switchem
      This is seasonal. Switchem is a game that appears during Gaia's events and then disappears until the next event. You'll find it in the Games drop down menu.
      Gaia staff have been given orders that every feature on this site must be able to pay for itself. This is the staff's answer to being able to provide us with free events. Switchem is free to play. However, the levels get harder as you progress through the game. You can buy various power-ups for cash. That's where the cash aspect came in.
      You can always collect free Gaia cash and use it towards this game. Or... you can just close out the game and replay it.

The beauty of this game is the payout. Most of Gaia's games are old. They'd like to increase the prizes, but are having difficulty doing that because of how they originally coded the old games. Therefore, the payouts only give like 10g or 100g.... However, Switchem pays big.

The Switchem payouts will change with each event. However, a general rule is that you can earn items the first time that you beat certain levels. When you replay, and beat, those levels... you will earn gold. As of Halloween and Thanksgiving 2014, Switchem pays out 100k per replay of prize levels.

The Welcoming Fairy
This isn't really something that earns gold. I just need a place to put this for now. Here's an archive of the messages that the Welcoming Fairy sends to new users.
If you accidentally (or purposely) deleted a PM from her, you can see a record of the message here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/welcoming-fairy-pm-content/t.90295973_1/
DO NOT POST IN THAT THREAD. It's inactive. That thread is not in a guide forum. It's in a forum where the active threads are usually about new and current events. Your post will bring an old thread to the top of a forum and anger users.
Just subscribe to the list and check the first post whenever you need the info. If you have any questions, post that question in this guild and the users here will be happy to help. ^ __^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:21 pm

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:23 pm
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 pm

These are guides I've come across, but haven't inserted into the thread yet:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/updated-2014-daily-chance-item-archive/t.94302503/
These are examples of items that can be earned in the DC

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/enki-s-catch-complete-item-list/t.80322635/
Enki's Catch item list

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-gaming-discussion/ggd-resource-sticky/t.43770699/
Resource for game guides

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Done reserving posts. I wouldn't normally reserve so many but I only have ideas swirling in my head. Not an exact layout. Better safe than sorry. > <

** Header image drawn by me. Google ref used. The Great Mouse Detective.

☆ Resources

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff