Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just Rosa

Anxious Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:13 pm
User Image
User Image

ood → Nervous | ocation → Soiel Library | ompany → Guy from the gym

rofile → Here | heme → Don't call me Angel

User Image

tab tab Timo's eyes kind of lit up when he was offered the tote, he kindly takes the bag from the other while offering a half bow. "Thank you—" This is where he'd add a name but... he doesn't know the other man's name; not that he can really complain since from their previous encounter he just scurried off to preserve his dignity. Trying to think on the spot till an idea came up. "My name's Timo by the way. Trying to slide that info in smoothly as he carefully puts the three other books in the tote.

tab tab Following behind the library worker, who was showing Timo the locations of the books he was looking for plus picking out a few others he didn't list out but the title grabbed his attention; now carrying about six books. Hopefully, he isn't exceeding the book limits he can borrow.

tab tab Slowly making their way back to the entrance of the library, the man's question made him debate for a moment. It wasn't related to the subject or anything but he was curious to know. "Not in particular but I was wondering... if you have any ill feelings from what happened at the gym." With the book bag on his shoulder, Timo awkwardly shoved his hands in his pockets while half glancing on the floor.

ut offee:
User Image
tiny14xx2

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:43 pm
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, םєcємвєя ②иם

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④②0
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ②④ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:19 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : No one of note | Mood : Embarrassed | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here
                                        Occupation : Soliel Librarian | Status : Single | OOC : --

"I don't...think that is weird..." He murmurs nervously to the earpiece, his brows pinching as he glares down at the table he was in the process of wiping down. Thanks to Castielle always calling him in the middle of work, he had to learn to invest in these neat Bluetooth headphones. The ones that he had to get Cas to help him with. Much to his suffering, because of course his brother had to tease him about it. He is happy that they are on good terms and all, but he isn't really sure he signed up for being teased on a daily basis either. Isn't he the elder sibling? He should be the one picking on his younger brother. The idea of him trying to tease Cas made his brows pinch even more. Clearly this table has offended him as he aggressively wipes it down, earning him a few stares from visitors.

"Of course YOU wouldn't think it is, you are the one that enjoys it. I am saying that normal people think that it is weird for a librarian to be abnormally good with knives. You can't go around the library twirling that s**t." You do something one time that gets you stared at like a lunatic and now you never hear the end of it. "It wasn't mine...I confiscated it from a teenager." He was doing his duty here! "You were still twirling it around instead of turning it in! That is weird!" Despite the man's hysterical pitch, his tone is playful and good humored, so the man at least lets a huff of amusement and spares the table from his scrubbing. "I didn't realize I was doing it." The laugh he hears on the other end tells him that Castielle isn't alone, making him groan in misery. Now he has Marcellus teasing him too? "Sumi, stop defending him, it is weird and you know it!" He tenses for a second, his face darkening as he lifts his hands to cover his warm cheeks. "You told Masumi?"

He hears a coo on the other end followed by laughter and his ears burn even hotter. "Don't let it get you, Avi. Castielle just likes to fluster people." He lowers his hands so he can start gathering his cleaning materials and return them back to their space behind the main desk. This gives him enough time to calm down and clear his throat. "Yes, well, I hope he meets someone that does the same to him one day so I can return the favor." His heart flutter when he hears the chuckle soft and light, free of any tightness like he was expecting. It is nice to hear the man take on such a casual and easy going tone with him, even now. "How are you, Avi? You are taking care of yourself, aren't you?" He has to remind himself how to breathe as he lowers into a seat behind the help desk, watching people walk by as he keeps his tone soft and quiet. "I am. I intend to keep my promise. I hope you are keeping yours in turn." A promise to take care of themselves and to never be a stranger. Even if it hurts sometimes to talk to one another. "I wouldn't dream of breaking that promise. I have so many reasons to keep it."

Silence hangs between them for a moment, his heart thudding away in his chest as he rubs the back of his hand over his mouth. He doesn't know what to say, but he doesn't want to the conversation to end either. Yet he finds himself unable to hang onto a topic. Luckily Castielle breaks them out of the awkward silence but groaning in the background. "Gods you two are boring. We are gonna go shopping for dinner Avi. I will call you tomorrow same time, okay?" He clears his throat, letting the bile crawl back down and nods to himself. "Alright, have fun. Goodbye everyone." When everyone gives their goodbyes, he hangs up and rubs his mouth again, as if it can get rid of the bitter taste on his tongue.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:09 pm
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, נαиυαяч ②③яם

םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④⑦②
( ① чєαя, ③ мσитнs, ①⑦ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        ▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                        I'm feeling || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

Standing outside the building, the man pulled away the earplugs that were blasting music into his ears on his commute here. His fair colored hues shifted from his phone to gazed over the words, "Soleil Library", "Library." How long has it been that he had been in an establishment as such? Well, maybe a good while considering his age and the old man's pride of knowing much more than what was written in mere books. To be fair, he did visit from time to time, but without much intent to learn. It wasn't everyday that you chose to take a deeper dive back into your family's history, more about your kind or similar lifeforms, especially when it has been nearly over a century that you've left that life behind. There wasn't any fear holding him back, but just a myriad of memories which weren't all too pleasant.

Setting his coat and hat inside the locker, it wouldn't take long before he made his way over to the aquatic life section of books and was scanning through the vast collection of books for what he specifically needed. He picked up maybe, two which seemed like they would be of some use. He shouldn't be judging books by their cover, but he did read the back. On most of them. Most being the key. He was also on the hunt for some specific finds he was made aware of from a friend. He couldn't seem to place them though to which he didn't waste much time and headed over to the librarian's desk.

"Hello, do you happen to know if the book, Wonders of the deep blue has been taken and not returned? I was told there are a few copies but I can't seem to place any." he'd state. His face and tone had a lack of much expression, fixing the glasses he had on, which weren't simply to complete his look aesthetically. He didn't quite bother to follow the library etiquettes in his speech, maybe a tone louder than he should have been while his fingers drumming on the desk surface as he waited on the other to respond. "How many people would you have imaged to be so fascinated by life beyond land. But that doesn't mean you just use it as a placemat for your coffee.." he would mumble the last part mostly to himself, mildly annoyed at the thought that people would just take things and never return them. Quite hypocritical for him to even say considering he was guilty of such things himself. But alas, when it came to the blame game, the perpetrator could be a saint.

O.O.C.
      Excuse the quality ;u; my opening posts aren't the best ;C

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:13 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Neutral | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

Taking a page out of Masumi and Castielle's book about working at a library was probably one of the best choices Avi feels he could have ever made. It went from being a job he was a little hesitant about, to one that he actually enjoys enough to take up extra hours for. It is a pleasant distraction from his father trying to find him and contact him, from the ache in his chest every time Castielle gives him a call with Masumi and Marcellus in the background. He's homesick, it has taken him awhile to identify the feeling that keeps plaguing him, but now he can't get it out of his head. That place has given him nothing but nightmares, yet he still finds himself missing the times where he would be reading with his brothers and his now ex-lover near him. Letting him soak in the pleasantness of being around family he loves. He's had an easy time acclimating to the new environment, but it only makes it more apparent that he is alone here. With no one to share the excitement of his progress with, and no one who knows him from before. It quickly makes him shift from happy to lonely.

So yes, he takes up a lot of hours at the library so he can stew in the happiness and not let himself mope. The other workers don't seem to mind, and he's proven enough that he is capable of doing a great job. Perhaps his detail oriented nature has made that easy for him. It helps to be quite picky with your organization when working in the library.

Which is why, when he is approached for assistance, it doesn't take him long to look up and locate the book that the man is looking for. "Ah, one is still out, and two are in the waiting bin to be checked back in." He stands from his seat, only letting the smallest of smiles reach his face when he catches the man's murmur to himself. It really is annoying when someone checks something out and never returns it. Even more so when they never even read the book to begin with. "Allow me one moment." His tone is as neutral as normal, his expression blank and his voice pitch considerably quieter than the man who approached. It is a habit of his to try and make himself seem smaller in comparison by speaking softer. He's already been told how intimidating he can be to visitors when he is at full height, speaking at the customers with his gruff tone and his stare of assessment. He doesn't want to scare people off and lose the one pass time he has these days.

He walks away from the counter, retreating to check in the books that the man is looking for so he can take a copy to him. Check-ins are not his responsibility today, as they for some reason placed him at the desk to help the customers, but clearly the person in charge of the task isn't doing their job. So he makes a mental note to do it later as he returns to the counter with the book in hand. "Are you ready for check-out, or do you intend to look further?" There is no point in handing over the book yet if the man plans to look some more.

ll Neo ll

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:04 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

The man straightened up when the other stood up to fetch the book he managed to find with ease. His eyes shifted over to the man, watching as he soon seemed to tower over him. Unintentionally even, he straightened his back to appear taller than he already was. He wasn't usually intimidated by individuals, whether taller or better looking. He would say that he wasn't necessarily intimidated per say either, well, nothing he was aware of either ways. This wasn't going to stop him from being himself, or even toss that thought aside by forcing an interaction. "Take your time." he would respond to the other and drew his hands back to himself, slipping them into his pockets while he waited.

Saeyong's hues shifted to the desk, where he left the two books he picked up. His gaze lingered over them for a while as his mind unlocked some memories tucked away behind the years he had to his name. He could almost hear them, the community he lived around, giggling and swimming around before their attention shifted towards him. Their voices started turning distorted and dark, which was his cue for him to shift his focus elsewhere. His eyes darted around, bouncing from books, more books, and soon fell on a broad set of shoulders. Right, how could he forget the lovely looking man who was just about heading his way with the book he asked for. That was quick. "Are all of you this fast, or is it just you?" he'd mostly mean it rhetorically, though he wouldn't mind if he answered.

"Thank you." he'd say, expecting to be given the book but he heard his question which made him ponder. "Well, we could start with making my library card since, I must admit this is my first time here." he'd admit and slip his hands out of his pockets to place them back on the desk. "My name is Saeyong Joon, I can give you my license if that helps.", he'd slip out his wallet to get the card ready for when he'd need. "Will you also need my number? I usually don't attend calls between 3-6, but I could make an exception if it has nothing to do with whether or not my books are coming in on time." he'd say, a slight tug of his lips to convey a smile, something he did need quite a bit of practice to perfect. While his intention was to gain favor, he was also using the most direct approach he could think of. If you wanted to get to know someone, why not make your intentions known from the beginning? Whether or not the other took his advance any favorably, he'd still pester. "Are you a bookworm? I mean, do you enjoy reading?"

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:03 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Neutral | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

He knows for a fact that he is faster than the others, but he's always chalked that up to his training which made him generally faster than others at picking up different skills. It's probably the only good thing he's picked up from being his father's assassin. "I...spend a lot of time here..." Is the best explanation he can give, because it is a better excuse than the part where he's hurt people for a living while his mind was being invaded and controlled.

He sets down the book with the rest on the counter before he is taking out a new card and starting up an account for the man. "S-a-e-y-o-n-g J-o-o-n, correct?" He's seen the names around before when he was on job in Korea, so he assumes the spelling, looking up at the man after he asks if a number is needed. The hint slips right over his head and he nods to start typing a note in under the account. "I will put you under as a "no reminder" account. But it is policy to call if you are overdue, so I will make a note of your preferred times." He gives himself a mental pat on the back for not buckling down on his strong silent type usual, and appropriately giving the man his assurances that he will not be disturbed.

"Date of birth? We have to get an adult's consent if you are under 18." Clearly this idiot is oblivious to any of the man's passes, merely sparing him a quick glance and a mhm when asked if he is a bookworm. Because a noise of assent is a perfectly okay answer, right?

ll Neo ll

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:09 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Intrigued || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

"Naturally, considering you work here." the man would respond to his statement without missing a beat. It wouldn't be unusual for him to assume he spent a lot of time there, but soon he would start to realize he might have been spending more than just work hours here. Which might have made him wish he took a moment to think before he spoke. Then again, in his mind it was never too late to speak your mind, how ever unlikely one's observations were. But maybe he'd leave this finding for later, when he gathered more information to confirm it. The finding? He assumed that the man didn't have much of a social life and would rather trap himself in a comfortable spot. He was like that for sometime, or he might have known people like that. Memories sometimes seemed to overlap or make a whole new set of them. Must be part of aging. Back to him lacking a social life though, it wasn't like he had much of a social life either. He could honestly count on one hand the amount of friends he had, so he was no judge in this matter. That didn't mean that this one was off the hook.

With his elbows now placed on the desk, he would lean forward, almost trying to take a peek at the monitor while he typed but his gaze only remained momentarily there, for the rest of it, they were busy studying the rather ignorant other. "Correct." he'd state, not blinking or shifting his gaze from him, but only reached up to push his glasses back against the bridge of his nose. He was curious to see a reaction from the other, assuming people didn't enjoy close proximities. He had noticed that quite a lot, especially on unsuspecting individuals who weren't entirely looking for a night of wonders.

When the man seemed to have brushed his advance aside in the most nonchalant manner, a scoff escaped his lips as he took a moment to regroup. There were a few times when he felt less of an oddity himself and more, connected, a few people that could make that happen. Surely enough, he felt like less of an oddball at the moment, but he wasn't sure if this was a rejection or simply ignorance. "Was that your way to dismiss the idea of us spending quality time together outside the confines of this establishment and beyond the roles that caused us to meet?" he asked, "I was hoping at least a fortnightly text message to check up whether I'm alive or dead." he'd add.

"You think I'm a child?" the man would ask, propping his head on his fist this time with an amused yet somewhat snide grin. He was most definitely not going to spill what was on his mind after that comment, but he did produce his drivers license - that held the right information for the identity he assumed here. An early winter birthday, a year to give him at least 25 years under his belt.

Listening to that little noise which he took as a response, he was still quite determined to continue this conversation. Also reveal his findings. He reached over to tap his forehead with his index finger, assuming this would gain his attention. "So, you're a bookworm who is also a librarian that possibly - works overtime. Does that imply that you also might lack a social life?" he'd ask.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:30 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Panicking | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

There wasn't much he could say to that comment, as it wasn't an inaccurate statement. So he just did what he does best, stay silent and go about entering in the man's information based on what is required. At least he tries, but it seems like getting pertinent information out of this one is going to be a little more difficult than he was prepared for. Especially considering that the man seemed to be leaning closer. Being a paranoid person of his cursed ability, Avi tries to subtlety get some distance by printing out the paperwork for the man to sign. He'll just mark him of age to continue on the process. "Signature please."

"What." He forgets proper inflection on that one, as his face morphs briefly into confusion before he's closing it off again. "We do not know each other." He's back to his gruff way of speaking, the confusion making his carefully crafted blankness slip a little. What the heck is this guy going on about? "I could be dangerous." He decides to add, because now he is a little concerned for this man's personal preservation skills. Because he IS dangerous. Not just because his power literally can shock a person's nerves with immense pain to the point of death, but because he may have sworn off his father's teachings...but that doesn't mean he can just turn it off. That damage to his brain is done, and he's already aware that he can't just pretend that he hasn't taken lives. That he wasn't trained how to do it. Pair that with his PTSD, and he fears himself and what he could do if he loses his s**t again. It's the one thing that he keeps in his brain every moment so he can remember what he is, and never let himself believe otherwise for even a minute.

He tries not to panick when he feels the tap to his forehead, but his breath still stops and his hand still breaks the pin between his fingers in half, spreading ink on his gloves. His freehand lifts to grab the man's hand as he remembers to breathe, exhaling slowly. "Don't..." His voice comes out shaky, even to his own ears, so he tries again with a firmer tone. "Please do not touch my skin." It was a miracle that nothing happened the first time, and he really doesn't want to test that again. So he releases the man's hand, tosses the broken pen in the trash before putting down the library card with a little more force then necassary. "I apologize for the inconvenience, you are correct about my lack in social interactions, so excuse my reaction. After you sign, your card is ready to go. Please use the self-service check out kiosk to take your books. Please excuse me."
                                        After finalizing the account and assuring that no ink is on the counter as well, he starts retreating to the men's restroom, pulling the stained glove off of his hand so he can wash away any ink staining his skin or the material. Luckily he wasn't wearing his favorite pair today.

ll Neo ll

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Intrigued, confused-sorry? || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

The man's silence seemed to have answered his question, but he wasn't planning on rubbing it in on his face, trying to show him off that he was any better for analyzing what a keen eye could have. He did decide to put him at ease, if he could by trying to tell him he was in a similar boat. "Well, its not like I have a lot of friends either..a social life, maybe. But not a socialite." he would state, starting to mumble the rest as he trailed off, figuring he wasn't necessarily helping the situation. He could tell that much at least, seeing how the other refused to respond. "Can I see?" he'd ask, taking the paper to read before he could sign.

Upon hearing the man's words, his light hues shifted over to the other with a light shrug. "I suppose that was the point on calling and the fortnightly texts, to learn more about each other." he would respond, feeling a tiny bit accomplished that he wasn't the clueless one this time. Otherwise, he could see himself being on the other end of this conversation where he was trying to understand something that was fairly simple, yet a foreign concept to him. "So could I, you know. A serial killer with killer looks. But, I would rather take the risk than live in fear." he retorted to the other's statement about him being dangerous. Honestly, he wasn't wrong but he never stopped to think about it, not once. Even when he was put in life and death situations. Then again, he himself wasn't entirely the safest bet to be around either, but his appetite for flesh had taken a long deserving vacation for a long time. Besides, he found ways to keep it at bay.

Upon contact with the man's skin, he could see the visible change in his demeanor. He found himself a little startled when he snapped the pen in half and grabbed his hand. It was like he was facing the real, real...what was his name again? The point is, he was facing the real man, not the one beaten up and confirmed to the role he was given. There were no more filters. "Alright." he'd say, when he asked him- demanded him?- not to touch him. The man's lips parted as though he wanted to say something. Apologize? Not likely, the man lacked remorse even when he seemed to have visibly upset him. He simply watched him leave, blinking as he finally seemed to have snapped back to reality and brushed his hair back. Maybe this was where he should have apologized.

A few minutes passed with him pacing back and forth, almost picturing the few people he considered in the friend group screaming at him for what he did. He was trained to react effectively to situations like these, during those idol days. But then again, it wasn't necessarily engrained in him like a reflex. He didn't intend to hurt or upset him. Maybe that was what he had to tell him after all. Maybe check on him, he did cause him to react like that. Following that thought, he headed over to the men's restroom and knocked on the door, opening it shortly after without waiting on his response and glanced from his hand to his face. Making sure he wasn't hurt? Likely. "I am unsure if this is the right or wrong way to clear things up. As you can tell, I lack social skills myself. But I'm here to make sure you are alright." he stated, sounding rather uncertain about himself at the moment. Maybe, maybe he was guilty for a change. "Are you alright?" he asked, "I can tell you are upset but I would like to know if it had something to do with me." he'd add, "I was told I can be a little too forward which might come off too unpleasant."

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:32 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Exhausted and ashamed | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

Then pen was red. Because OF COURSE it had to be red. He couldn't have chosen the blue pen to write with? So he's breathing a little heavily as he tries to scrub the red off his hand with his nails and water as hot as he can get it. The stained glove is abandoned in the trash as the other sits next to the sink. "I'm still me. I'm still me. He's not in my head. I'm still me. It's ink, just ink. I don't hurt people...I'm not...I'm not that person. I'm me." He murmurs the words like a mantra, until he can feel his breathing even out and his hand so raw from the scratching that he's bleeding. He takes steady breaths to calm himself down as he watches his hand patch itself together. If he can feel the pain, then he knows he's really here. Something he's reminded himself ever since Castielle told him he was like a painless robot under Rehan's control.

After slipping on the glove that his fine, he pulls the healed hand into his sleeve and leans against the wall with a sigh. It was a close call, and things could have gone down hill if he had activated his ability. All it takes is one touch after all. And he knows after one time that Masumi touched his face or his chest that his entire body could cause it as well. Maybe he will contact Masumi about those nullifying earrings after all. If he could control it entirely, he could live his life in peace possibly.

His entire body jolts as the door opens, his heart rate kicking up as the man enters the space. He'd been so in his head that he hadn't even heard the knock. It reminded him too much of the times when he would be coming down from Rehan's control, locked in a room until the man was ready to reassume control again. "I am...alright." Because he is doing a swell job of being convincing there. He lifts his gloves hand up to push his fingers through his hair, noticing how it shakes along his skin. He's coming down from a minor panic attack, so no... he's not alright. But it isn't like he's going to ever be honest about that.

"No...no. It isn't your fault." Because he will never blame someone else for his own messed up life. It's all his own fault for being like he is. Even if Castielle and Masumi claim it was Rehan's fault. He knows deep down, that if he had been stronger, if he fought harder, he could have done more. Fought more. But he was too weak, messed up because his mother didn't love him enough to stay together. Because he helped drive her to her death. It made him such an easy target for his father to manipulate like a puppet. "I have...a thing...it is skin activated.......it hurts people. I...panicked a little. I'm sorry." He's back to the soft speaking, almost looking ashamed as he wraps his arms around his waist to buckle in on himself a little. Making himself seem smaller again because it's been his mechanism of coping. Appear smaller so that others try not to challenge him. He doesn't want to hurt anyone else. Doesn't want to be that person. Because he knows if he hurts someone else again, he can't hide behind Rehan anymore. "I'm sorry..." He closes his eyes, sighing as he does his best to avoid another panick attack. "If you want to make a complaint for grabbing you, you can call the library tomorrow to speak with the manager here."

ll Neo ll

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:44 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Intrigued, confused-sorry?, bliss || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

The man could see the other was clearly shaken. Surely his advance wasn't that unpleasant, was it? He remembered something someone told him before, that actions could trigger certain negative feelings, traumas or memories. Maybe that was what happened here. Well, again, it wasn't his intention to hurt anyone - unless they wanted to be hurt. That was beyond the point here right now, he could see the man wasn't alright and he couldn't help but think that it had something to do with what he did. Was this, guilt?

"I find it foolish that you say it wasn't my fault when what I did seems to have clearly affected you." he admitted, barely sugar coating it as he knew no other way to express himself. He kept from getting any closer just yet, knowing he was the culprit he decided to avoid triggering him any further for now, at least until he heard him out. Once he did though, he finally understood what might have been the issue, yet at the same time, he didn't. He understood why he was worried, yet he didn't understand his concern for another's wellbeing over his own. It reminded him of a certain someone who tried to keep him safe too, but he couldn't quite relate to that feeling. "That's it?" he'd ask. Even though it might have seemed like he was demeaning his problem, he was clearly not seeing it as a problem here. Sure his ability didn't sound like the most common thing nor the most pleasant if they weren't around freaks such as the one standing before him. Maybe it had something to do with being different and boy, he knew the pains of being different.

Saeyong saw that it was causing him great pain, maybe even discomfort by the way he was holding himself. That uneasy feeling of guilt seemed to creep back in. He took a step closer, trying to not alarm him and looked over, letting curiosity take over for now and mask that feeling that was causing him discomfort too now. He reached over to his exposed hand and took it in his, closing his fingers around his palm to keep a firm grip in case the other tried to break free. "I touched you first, that makes me the bad guy and you acting out of your right to defend yourself. he said in response, his face not even giving the slightest wince as of yet. "I'd be getting into trouble for harassing you twice over." he'd add, looking down at their hands.

The pain hadn't started immediately on contact, or maybe it did in dismissible amounts. It might have looked like he was trying to help the other and assure him everything was alright, but the narrative Saeyong would rather support would be where he was simply curious of how much pain could he induce that made him think of himself as a threat. He was able to take a good few minutes into this pain, goosebumps trailed along his skin as it seemed to stimulate him - rather pleasantly. He felt, good, despite his body trying its hardest to find the source of damage and rush to its aid. It was all over, without even having to give him a physical blow. He hadn't experienced anything quite like this before and it was slowly, creeping above his tolerance. The man made a quiet grunt, a twitch in his hand might have indicated he just crossed his normal limit but he wasn't quite done, this was just getting better.

Although, if the other did switch to panic and try to free his hand, he wouldn't fight it, but cover his face with his free hand as he'd ease his body down to the floor. He could feel his heart ramming against his chest, sweat breaking on his skin and a slight temperature from his body going haywire to try and fix him. "Don't worry, I'll live." he mumbled through his hand, trying to assure the other before he'd try blaming himself for anything that would happen to him. "I have a very high pain tolerance...and an ability to heal myself...I assure you, I am alright." he'd add, drawing his hand away to reveal his face looking a tad bit flushed and a sparkle of excitement in his hues. He could have died, but that was the most exciting part. He didn't die.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:12 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Exhausted and ashamed | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

"You don't have knowledge of the things that trigger reactions from me, nor do you have that control." There was an air about the guy that made his stomach feel queasy with familiarity. It made him think of the youngest brother in his family. The sadist who likes watching people suffer. Though that isn't the part he finds familiar, it is the indifference which Rehan spread throughout the family which let Masumi and Avi be mistreated for so long. Something was lacking from this guy, and it was screaming at Avi to leave and never look back. Whether it was an apparent lack of self-preservation or just a lack of general emotions, he couldn't really tell. His instincts just read that something was wrong in this situation.

That feeling sharpened in his gut as he stood straight, his entire spine tensing as he could hear him getting closer. So lack of self-preservation was a definite factor then. People tend to know to keep their distance from a man suffering PTSD in the throes of a panic attack. Perhaps this guy has little experience with such things, but he should at least see how uncomfortable Avi feels about being cornered in the bathroom of his workplace. It feels too parallel to when he would corner Masumi at home when he was being avoided. His puts his gloved hand over his mouth to stave off the nauseous feeling he gets from remembering the bits and pieces of what Rehan made him do under his control. Perhaps it is the moment of weakness which lowers his defenses enough to have his hand grabbed. As if he hadn't just warned him what happens.

His instinct was to yank his hand away, his body preparing for flight, yet...he stops. The man is still talking. Usually when this happens, they have like 5 seconds to speak normally before they are moving into too pained to talk territory. "You're..." A shock he hasn't felt since a man took his hand to shake it in the library with no pain, no crying, and no death. The first time his mind was freed from Rehan for the first time. The day that a man simply saw his struggle and gave him clarity with only a handshake. He thought at first, that this man had the same ability. To nullify someone's abilities by touching them, rending the effects useless. However, he started showing signs of the pain taking effect with a grunt and a twitch of his hand. Yet he still held on.

When Avi finally started hearing the rabid beat of the man's heart, and Saeyong lowered himself to the floor, he removed his hand from the other's grip before looking at his own hand in confusion. Even after the resistance is explained, he looks confused. He's met a man who can cancel out a person's ability, but never someone who could actually embrace it because his body is a lot more sturdy. "You didn't know...you didn't know that it wouldn't have killed you....yet you did it anyways...why?" It would have been more blood on his hands, nevermind that he didn't know why the hell the man did it if he had died. Even if he chose it, it wouldn't change that it would have been another body added to Avi's list and guilt.

ll Neo ll

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:26 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Intrigued, confused-sorry?, bliss || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

Hearing the man's defensive tone should have warned him to keep his mouth shut, but Saeyong was Saeyong and he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and unless there was someone to stop him to think about what he was going to say, he wouldn't. "I wasn't implying that I have any control over you or any such knowledge, but people tend to do some things as mindlessly as I did, without anticipating the other person's reaction." he explained, maybe it came off the way he intended it to, maybe it didn't. "I was implying I might have hit a nerve unintentionally but it triggered you in some way." Unless there was a need for further clarification, he would assume he had given his piece. And he thought he was the one who lacked any understanding of interactions, this man seemed far worse than him. Tsk, tsk.

Maybe this was punishment for him cornering the other while he was clearly showing signs of discomfort, maybe this was punishment for letting his curiosity get the best of him and test his own strength at the face of this unknown foe. This punishment though, was just so delightful, even if he couldn't muster the strength to get back on his feet for a while. He looked like he was going through a tough flu and the worse withdrawal, the slight churn in his gut was convincing him it felt like a withdrawal. To be fair, he would still do this again in a heartbeat, so it was the quickest addiction one would ever consider. He closed his eyes and pressed both his hands to cover his face this time, groaning under his breath as the other was, scolding him? He couldn't tell, most of his senses were overwhelmed with the pain and what ever measures his body was taking to fix him, not to mention how good it felt to feel alive. For someone like him, who couldn't comprehend a lot of the emotions he felt, feeling something so intense was oh so uplifting, but his bliss wasn't going to last long with that concerned voice looming over him. To be fair, he felt this way at his expense.

"I'm alive and will heal soon, I don't see how the why matters." he stated through huffs and puffs, pulling his hands away along with his glasses so he could have a better look at him. He pursed his lips when he saw the look on his face, there it was again, that dreaded feeling of guilt that was making this bliss feel like it wasn't worth it. Keeping someone in the dark for his own pleasures, well, it wasn't intentional, but telling him the whole truth wasn't his best bet either. What a pickle to be in. "You've got to be kidding me.." he mumbled, mostly directing it to himself as he took another deep breath and tried to face him better. "I am too selfish to die, so I knew I wouldn't have died. You call yourself dangerous but are too careful, so what ever it was, you wouldn't have let me die either. That is why." he would state rather proudly.

"Now stop acting all concerned for me, I might just kiss you." The man chose to say, hopefully the choice of words and the threat would give him the moment he was looking for, to enjoy what he had just experienced.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out