Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Help me Make a Guild (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Herald of Eminence

Business Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:42 pm
To put it very bluntly, I want to make a guild and have no idea how to do it or where to start. Can anyone help me out?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:39 am
Herald of Eminence
To put it very bluntly, I want to make a guild and have no idea how to do it or where to start. Can anyone help me out?

Making a guild is very easy! c:

In the header, go from Forums > Guilds
In the bottom left corner, you'll find a button that says "Create One!" Click it. Or click the words here.

You'll find yourself at a page that has a form for you to fill out. Fill in the info. Don't worry, you can always change it later.
Note, hit "preview" at the bottom, then you'll get the save option. Keep in mind, it costs 20,000g to create a guild. (That was a huge amount of gold when the guild system was first created, now it's chump change.)

Extra Stuff

Creating a guild is the easy part. Actually running it, getting new members, keeping those members active and happy is the hard part.
If you want to get people to join, you'll have to recruit members. Consider doing so in the Chatterbox or Gaia Guilds Network Forum.

Extra rambling:
If you're making a small guild for yourself or a couple friends, then it's pretty easy to run a guild. If you want to make a guild that's larger and more active, be sure to set up rules and guidelines for your members to follow. Make sure that you trust whomever to set up as Vice Captain and Crew because those people will gain the ability to edit posts, move threads, etc. Heck, a Vice Captain will have the ability to take over the guild and make himself/herself captain.
I'm not sure how many guilds you're in. Quite a few guilds are Public, so I recommend snooping and checking out a few guilds before you create yours. Get an idea of what you need, what works and what doesn't work.
I once inherited an active guild and ran it for a couple years. It was nothing close to the scale of this guild, but was very active. I had a blast. <3 I hope you do, too! ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Herald of Eminence

Business Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:47 am
Thank you very much for your help! biggrin  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items