Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Retro Gaming

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Herald of Eminence

Business Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:39 pm
Hey guys, have you ever wanted to put down the newest games and take a moment to reflect on your earlier gaming experiences, just to soak in the memories? Going back to the good ol' days is nice. What are some games that bring back memories and what kinds of experiences did they create for you?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:53 am
Moved from the Welcome forum to the Chatterbox.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:40 pm
o 3o I can't narrow it down. I've gotta think about that.

But I have to say that I've been on a nostalgia kick for years now. :3
Whether it's buying new installments of franchises (pokemon, Mario), buying hard copies of re-released games (Star Ocean 2 on PSP, Donkey Kong on Gameboy), re-buying the game from the Nintendo Wii Shop (many Donkey Kongs, Marios, Zeldas) or just replaying games that still work (Final Fantasies on PS2, DDR on PS2, Crystal Chronicles on Game Cube, Mario karts, smash brothers, the list goes on)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:30 pm
I don't think my response will really be "retro", considering I'm only 21.
There are lots of games that bring back amazing memories for me, though. I love talking about it, too!
The first would have to be Pac-Man. I mean the big arcade $0.50 machines. I always used to go to the laundromat with my aunt, and I would bring TONS of coins and a coloring book. I would spend most of my time there playing Pac-Man. blaugh
Pochahontas and Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis brings back so many good memories. Staying at my cousin's house, having a sleep over. Good stuff man.
Another one is Duke Nukem on the 64. When my cousins would spend the night over the summers, I was never allowed to play this game. My boy cousins (whom I would hover around, relentlessly) told me there was too much violence. But sometimes, really late at night when the parents were sleeping, they'd let me play. whee
And finally, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on Gamecube. I used to play this game constantly with my best friend at the time. 14 years later, she's still my friend, and we still play it. 4laugh
Of course there are soooooooo many more games I could talk about, but these are the ones that stuck out the most. ^.^

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:36 am
User Image
Duck Tales and Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive were a few of my faves. Now I play Pokemon, Zelda, Spyro, Final Fantasy ^_^

Also board games like Monopoly and Scrabble. As well as card games like Switch and Rummy were fun to play with friends and family =D
~Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece~User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:15 am
Dig-Dug and Centipede. Without a doubt, those are two of the games that stick out most in my mind. My family would compete aggressively for the highest score.

No one ever touched my score on Dig-Dug. cool  

Clockwork Sparrow

Shy Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:21 am
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and War of the Monsters are three games that come to my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:02 am
Spyro the Dragon.
When my siblings and I got our PS1, we got the demo disc with Spyro on it.
We loved the demo so much, we bought the game.
We along with my cousins used to play it right after school.
I still own the first three games, and play them occasionally.
I hope to pass on the love for Spyro to my son as he gets older!

Brave Fencer Musashi was a game we played a lot!

Also, Streets of Rage for Sega Genesis! My dad, brother, and I used to play it!

Ms Jezebel Spirit

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items