Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ╰☆╮Soleil City
Need Our Help? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:55 am
*raises hand* I have a question in regards to character creation... or- er- rather, a few- no, many questions.

How many skills is a person allowed to have (making a character who is an extremely old immortal and killed time by reading and learning and now I need a limitation for skills)? How much is considered an ability vs a skill? Is (studied) magic a skill or an ability?

Is there an upper limit for how old a character can be?

Also, am I allowed to just bullet-point the bio? It's getting extremely long (because the character is old...)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:09 am
Falling Scattered Petals

Bonjour! yum_puddi

There's definitely a differentiation between skill and ability. An ability, to us, is something that is not able to be learned by a normal human. I think that's the best way I can put it. So for instance, flight is an ability, reading quickly is a skill. Learning a language is a skill, being immortal is an ability. Running a little above average pace is a skill, super speed is an ability. And don't worry, once you finish the profile, we'll go over it with you. If something needs to be changed, we'll give you specifications for it!

Nope! Just a minimum limit. We have characters that are a thousand years old and over!

My best suggestion for the bio would just be to simplify as much as you can. I suppose I don't mind if you bullet point it, but it will need to have full sentences. So for instance, you wouldn't be able to write "o Moved". It would have to be, "They moved to Soleil.". I know a biography can seem like a lot to cover, but keep in mind you also don't have to write every detail that happened throughout their life! You can always get down to the main life changers. c:

Hope this all helps!

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:52 am
Yummy Galaxxy
Falling Scattered Petals

Bonjour! yum_puddi

There's definitely a differentiation between skill and ability. An ability, to us, is something that is not able to be learned by a normal human. I think that's the best way I can put it. So for instance, flight is an ability, reading quickly is a skill. Learning a language is a skill, being immortal is an ability. Running a little above average pace is a skill, super speed is an ability. And don't worry, once you finish the profile, we'll go over it with you. If something needs to be changed, we'll give you specifications for it!

Nope! Just a minimum limit. We have characters that are a thousand years old and over!

My best suggestion for the bio would just be to simplify as much as you can. I suppose I don't mind if you bullet point it, but it will need to have full sentences. So for instance, you wouldn't be able to write "o Moved". It would have to be, "They moved to Soleil.". I know a biography can seem like a lot to cover, but keep in mind you also don't have to write every detail that happened throughout their life! You can always get down to the main life changers. c:

Hope this all helps!

Okay, thank you ^^

I don't really mind the biography, it's just that I realized it was becoming really REALLY long..... 2000+ years.... Also, assuming you read wuxia/xianxia style novels, how much of the standard xianxia hero's skill tree considered a skill and how much is considered an ability?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:24 am
Falling Scattered Petals

I'm afraid I don't. sweatdrop

I mean, if I stop to look at your U/C profile right now, the only issue I would see is that you wrote "Magic" as both an ability and skill; which, you'd need to pick one particular spell instead of having an overall use of 'magic'. Does that make sense?

Or you could give me an example!

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:56 pm
Yummy Galaxxy

Ah ok, now I get it. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:15 pm
Just wondering, but how many threads can a character be in at once? Is it just one and move from one location to the next? Or can they be at their home while also at the beach or work?

I'm assuming one thread at a time because of the change of day system but i wanna be sure before posting. Also apologies if this is answer somewhere else, I looked but didn't see anything so maybe I didn't look hard enough sweatdrop

Yummy Galaxxy

QueenTurnip

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:07 pm
QueenTurnip

Oh shoot, I'm so sorry for not noticing this sooner! There weren't any quotations around my username in the post coding, so I didn't get notified. sweatdrop

One thread at a time, you are correct!
Since everything happens in real time in terms of RP, then everything happens in real time for your character. c:

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:02 am
Yummy Galaxxy

Oh, that's my bad sweatdrop been gone so long from gaia totally forgot how to properly quote someone. Apologies!

That does make sense! Thank you much heart  

QueenTurnip

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:24 pm
Yummy Galaxxy

Perhaps I missed it but is there a invitation request thread?  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:09 pm
Dalia Thail

I'm afraid I don't quite understand-

Like a thread to request other people to receive invites?

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Yummy Galaxxy
Dalia Thail

I'm afraid I don't quite understand-

Like a thread to request other people to receive invites?

Indeed, is there one or should I ask him to apply on his own?  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 pm
Dalia Thail

Oh!
Yep! You just tell him to apply on his own. c:

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:55 pm
Yummy Galaxxy
Dalia Thail

Oh!
Yep! You just tell him to apply on his own. c:

Understood, thank you.~  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:00 am
Hope this isn't a dumb question, but I've never quite understood how the different sectors connected. So like if someone was in Cerise, what would they have to do to get to Pasadena? Is there a map or post explaining it?

Yummy Galaxxy

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:16 am
Katze Allemon-Schatten

Not at all!
I just don't have.... A good way to explain this. But no, we don't really have a map. I'll try to list it out the best I can. Since they're technically all connected since they are in the same city. I'd say really if a place is connected, it's maybe 5 to 10 minutes driving time. If it isn't, closer to 15 or 20. Maybe?

- Etoile connects to: Beach.
          - Ombre connects to: Downtown.
          - Pasadena connects to: Downtown, Cerise, Doux, and Lumiere.
          - Doux connects to: Cerise and Pasadena.
          - Lumiere connects to: Pasadena and Uptown.

- Uptown connects to: Lumiere and Cerise. Travel a little to get to Downtown.
          - Cerise connects to: Pasadena, Doux, and Uptown.
          - Downtown connects to: Cerise, Ombre, Pasadena, and Etoile. Travel a little to get to Uptown.
          - Lune connects to: Etoile and Downtown.

- Mykronos is only accessible by ferry by the beach.

╰☆╮Soleil City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff