Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Account reported message? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:42 am
So I got a message today from someone with the name Virus-Scanner 2014-2016. In the message it's telling me my account has been reported for having a virus and if I do not reply in 48 hours, my account will be closed. They ask for a lot of personal information like my password and email, which I will never feel comfortable handing out.
I'm assuming this is a fake message, and I'm in no real danger. Has anyone else gotten a message like this? How do I report it to the gaia community?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm
MissLivingDeadGirl
So I got a message today from someone with the name Virus-Scanner 2014-2016. In the message it's telling me my account has been reported for having a virus and if I do not reply in 48 hours, my account will be closed. They ask for a lot of personal information like my password and email, which I will never feel comfortable handing out.
I'm assuming this is a fake message, and I'm in no real danger. Has anyone else gotten a message like this? How do I report it to the gaia community?

I think there's like a report button on the message and hell yeah that's freaking scaming.

Just go click on the mail and there should be a red button or something next to the delete button that says "Report this P.M" and I'm guessing you can report the user too.  

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:21 am
MissLivingDeadGirl

Hello I'd like to tell you that that is indeed a fake message. Gaia will never ask for your password by e-mail, Pm, etc. Report the person immediately. The report button is the red button next to the delete button. Here are some safety tips to help you recognize scams. Please be careful with these kind of messages.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games