Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I'm afraid I'm backsliding. (Pokemon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:00 pm
I quit Pokemon ever since becoming a Christian because I felt there were occult themes in it. I felt God was leading me to quit.

Now I am considering getting back into playing it because of "fun."

I fear that I'm backsliding. Please pray that I will make godly decisions and be saved if I'm actually lost.

Thank you so much. I've been struggling with backsliding into old habits lately. I don't want to fall into something I renounced previously.

I really appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 am
I'm currently in the same situation as you. Not pokemon but gaiaonline and manga. =3=  

chiz curls

Aged Noob

STICK MY FIST

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:49 am
chiz curls
I'm currently in the same situation as you. Not pokemon but gaiaonline and manga. =3=

I know the feels. With gaia that is. Sometimes I feel like there is no outlet from this. And othertimes I feel like I was meant to be on here because after browsing in the bible guild and listening to some sermons on here, mentally something just clicked. I had many doubts and after listening to some lessons that people posted on here, they all just went away. Theres a reason for everything...

I just hope I dont stay like this. I feel like Im unknowingly worshipping the internet because I am on my laptop so often. Sounds silly but I am so serious...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:05 am
Snobby_B i t c h
chiz curls

I know the feels. With gaia that is. Sometimes I feel like there is no outlet from this. And othertimes I feel like I was meant to be on here because after browsing in the bible guild and listening to some sermons on here, mentally something just clicked. I had many doubts and after listening to some lessons that people posted on here, they all just went away. Theres a reason for everything...

I just hope I dont stay like this. I feel like Im unknowingly worshipping the internet because I am on my laptop so often. Sounds silly but I am so serious...

Yeah... At some point being a part of this guild made me happy coz I found were I belong and I'm always enlighten. But I hate the part when I'm with my friends here in gaia (and they don't believe in God). They do wrong things and I unconsciously did sinful things with them. =3=
It feels like whenever I use the internet, I commit a sin.  

chiz curls

Aged Noob

eugdz

Supportive Informer

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:09 am
Render, therefore, unto browsing Gaia Online the things which are for Gaia Online; and unto God, the things that are God's.

(just a parody... still comparable.)

original text can be found in Matthew 22:21  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:45 am
eugdz
Render, therefore, unto browsing Gaia Online the things which are for Gaia Online; and unto God, the things that are God's.

He's right, pay your POKEMON tax nowa!

Joking aside, I was saved a year ago in April and have to admit being saved when you are older is tough, I've had to relearn everything in Christ God. Some habits were A LOT easier to kill or make dead in Him than other's. Know you aren't he only one. I use to be addicted to Pokémon on the Gameboy and cardgame until one day it just came undone. Sold all my cards and threw away my game. It didn't make sense to me anymore, for good reason and really evolving from stones? Who makes this stuff up? X)( Don't get me started..)

Anyway, I'll pray for you and hope God lifts you out of it. By the way I need some prayers for some backsliding as well..

EDIT EDIT: @ Chris Curlz, that is a terrifying .gif...thanks for the nightmare fuel. burning_eyes  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

STICK MY FIST

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:49 pm
chiz curls
Snobby_B i t c h
chiz curls

Yeah... At some point being a part of this guild made me happy coz I found were I belong and I'm always enlighten. But I hate the part when I'm with my friends here in gaia (and they don't believe in God). They do wrong things and I unconsciously did sinful things with them. =3=
It feels like whenever I use the internet, I commit a sin.

I think we all go through that to be honest. Please dont feel like you are a bad person for that because you arent. I also have felt the same way at times but I'm learning to not take part in certain things. You should consider doing the same.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:40 pm
Miamisu

God corrects and guides those He loves and delights in. It only means that you are moving closer to God when you can put aside worldly things to show Him that He is first in your life. Sometimes it is a way of fasting of worldly desires, but when that fast is over is it okay to resume in things that was put aside?

I think we all struggle with that question. Is that worldly thing being put first in our lives? Are we spending more time in that pursuit and less time with God and His holy word? Can we find moderation and limit those areas in our lives and place more time with God?

Honestly, I thing that question is different for each of us. When we move closer to Jesus, the Holy Spirit will correct those areas of our lives. He will let us know if we need to moderate that area or give it up entirely.  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:19 am
chiz curls

I recently moved back into anime and video games myself. u___u

Although I don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with anime/games, I feel that I spend so much time on them sometimes that they can become my "god."

I will pray for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:29 am
CountessValpolicella
Miamisu

God corrects and guides those He loves and delights in. It only means that you are moving closer to God when you can put aside worldly things to show Him that He is first in your life. Sometimes it is a way of fasting of worldly desires, but when that fast is over is it okay to resume in things that was put aside?

I think we all struggle with that question. Is that worldly thing being put first in our lives? Are we spending more time in that pursuit and less time with God and His holy word? Can we find moderation and limit those areas in our lives and place more time with God?

Honestly, I thing that question is different for each of us. When we move closer to Jesus, the Holy Spirit will correct those areas of our lives. He will let us know if we need to moderate that area or give it up entirely.

Well said!
"Are we spending more time in that pursuit and less time with God and His holy word?"

Let's pray for each other to prevent backsliding  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:32 am
Tsur
eugdz

He's right, pay your POKEMON tax nowa!

Joking aside, I was saved a year ago in April and have to admit being saved when you are older is tough, I've had to relearn everything in Christ God. Some habits were A LOT easier to kill or make dead in Him than other's. Know you aren't he only one. I use to be addicted to Pokémon on the Gameboy and cardgame until one day it just came undone. Sold all my cards and threw away my game. It didn't make sense to me anymore, for good reason and really evolving from stones? Who makes this stuff up? X)( Don't get me started..)

Anyway, I'll pray for you and hope God lifts you out of it. By the way I need some prayers for some backsliding as well..

EDIT EDIT: @ Chris Curlz, that is a terrifying .gif...thanks for the nightmare fuel. burning_eyes

I understand that myself. It seems my greatest issues are with idolizing fun and entertainment. I had a previous lifestyle of spending the majority of my time having fun all day watching shows and playing games; when I became a Christian, it seems that has been the most difficult habit for me to get rid of.

Thank you, and I will pray for you as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:42 am
CountessValpolicella
Miamisu

This was a helpful post. I feel that maybe fasting would be a good thing for me to do. I had felt that I should, but I am always afraid because I don't want to start a fast and then decide to give in before it's time.

Thank you. I think I will pray and ask God for His will. If I feel again that He is leading me to fast, I will pray He gives me the strength to do it.  

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:43 am
The claims of Pokemon having occult themes seem overblown to me; it would only become an issue if you are spending all your time on it and not giving God his time  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:35 pm
Miamisu
CountessValpolicella
Miamisu

This was a helpful post. I feel that maybe fasting would be a good thing for me to do. I had felt that I should, but I am always afraid because I don't want to start a fast and then decide to give in before it's time.

Thank you. I think I will pray and ask God for His will. If I feel again that He is leading me to fast, I will pray He gives me the strength to do it.

Sometimes fasting can be areas in our lives as well as food. For myself when I fasted I gave T.V., music, and online activities to spend that time with God instead. Fasting from food is very difficult for me because of medical problems. I think that God is pleased when we give up the things we like to do for a short time to dedicate that time to God.
I hope this helps. heart  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:14 am
Here is my two cents;

If you think pokemon is bad, then by all means don't play it. Especially if you think it is taking you from God. But the way I see it is as a fantasy game. It doesn't bother me because the lore is a mix of Christianity and evolution. (A mix that doesn't work.) though I am a fan I don't let it effect my relationship with God as it is both works of fiction and impossible. (Because of the whole evolution aspect.) I hope this doesn't come off as harsh, but I hope this does help.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games