Hey, I am new to the guild, but I move into college on Sunday (terrible day to make us move) and classes start Wednesday. It is my junior year and I just changed to a Communications Design art major. I am really nervous because of financial stress that the art major will throw at me, and that I am essentially starting over. I am also the Secretary of a Chrisitan sorority on top of that.

Not only that but last semester the male Christian fraternity on our campus, BYX: Brother Under Christ, was kicked off of campus by their nationals because they were having trouble keeping enough members, and having enough members that could work as an officer core.

My sorority sisters and I all thought they were better off than we were. They had more money, more people knew about them and campus loved them, so we were pretty sure they would be able to get enough members to stay on campus, but they didn't.

Our nationals, which is separate from theirs, has been waiting to shut us down because we are having trouble even getting 20 members, when the average for the sorority is over 100. They do not care that getting 20 is actually the average for the school we go to. We do not want to be kicked off of campus, because as a group we are able to do much more to help the Christians on campus make friends and find a supportive community where they can learn and grow, and are much more useful to showing that you can have as much fun as a Christian following God's laws as you can going out and partying and getting drunk.

I would love if you could pray for the stress of myself and my sisters, and that if it is in God's will we get enough members to stay on campus for many generations to come, but that if His plan is for us to no longer be a sorority that we have the strength, faith and love to support each other during that hard time.

This is our sorority's verse:

Romans 15: 5-6
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.