Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How to will yourself to keep logging on to Gaia Online? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:26 pm
I'm trying to log on on a daily basis to get used t this site, but I've found that I'm spending less and less time here than I did a few days ago, when I joined. Truth of the matter is, it's kind of making me depressed to be on here, with what I've heard and seen. I've had plenty of good experiences here during my first few days, and I feel like I want to not turn tail and leave so soon, because I owe it to the people who were so nice and helpful to me, but the condition of the site, the constant advertisements and cash pushes, and how the people who run it seem to be intentionally ticking off their users is just so depressing.

So my question is if I'm unable to ignore what's going on with this site, how do I keep myself wanting to stay here? Does anyone have any suggestions, or tips that they do to keep logging on, in spite of all the bad stuff going on here?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:13 pm
MegaAltaria

Hello! I think that's a question that's been on everyone's mind, especially with the things you've mentioned: Gaia, in all honesty, isn't at it's best right now.

The NSTG is what I look forward to whenever I log in. I find that incorporating your hobbies into the site (ie. if you're an artist, there's an art forum, roleplaying if you're a writer, etc.) helps me overlook its faults. The good definitely outweigh the bad: there's still so much on Gaia to enjoy. Sometimes it's hard to ignore what develops around us - in Gaia and in real-life - but I always look at the positives.

That's all I have for now- I'll probably add on to this later. I hope this helped you in some way. emotion_bigheart

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:29 am
MegaAltaria

aw hey hey, first off, you don't have to worry that you're alone in thinking that.

we're glad you're here. gaia may not seem like the most welcome of places right now, but what mainly makes this site up is actually the userbase, and you'll find plenty of users who wanna chill and chat with you anytime. i log on for these people i know.

focus on the positives! like Eternal said. the fact is you can't ignore what's going on right in front of you. though while we're unhappy with this current state, it's important to find some way to enjoy the ride.

take a break if you feel like it, because those are always really helpful. just keep in mind that the site will inevitably continue to change - for better or worse, but us users will stay the same as always.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:08 am
Eternal Rebellion
MegaAltaria

Hello! I think that's a question that's been on everyone's mind, especially with the things you've mentioned: Gaia, in all honesty, isn't at it's best right now.

The NSTG is what I look forward to whenever I log in. I find that incorporating your hobbies into the site (ie. if you're an artist, there's an art forum, roleplaying if you're a writer, etc.) helps me overlook its faults. The good definitely outweigh the bad: there's still so much on Gaia to enjoy. Sometimes it's hard to ignore what develops around us - in Gaia and in real-life - but I always look at the positives.

That's all I have for now- I'll probably add on to this later. I hope this helped you in some way. emotion_bigheart

Thanks for the explanation on how to better enjoy my stay here. I don't think I'm much of a writer or an artist. But I'll try to keep looking for somewhere to fit into and try a little harder not to get discouraged by all what goes on here.  

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:15 pm
MegaAltaria

I'll have you know I'm scared to
death...
...that everything that you had said to me was just...

...a lie until you left.

For my part, I log in for the roleplays I'm a part of and the friends I've made. I'm a regular in multiple charities that are very generous. I also embark on quests when I get bored. These days most of my quests are done either through the gold shops, where the prices never change, or making game items (such as making rainbow trout monokinis).

The events here can also be very fun. I joined the guild for next year's user run ball to help plan it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:46 am
MegaAltaria
I'm trying to log on on a daily basis to get used t this site, but I've found that I'm spending less and less time here than I did a few days ago, when I joined. Truth of the matter is, it's kind of making me depressed to be on here, with what I've heard and seen. I've had plenty of good experiences here during my first few days, and I feel like I want to not turn tail and leave so soon, because I owe it to the people who were so nice and helpful to me, but the condition of the site, the constant advertisements and cash pushes, and how the people who run it seem to be intentionally ticking off their users is just so depressing.

So my question is if I'm unable to ignore what's going on with this site, how do I keep myself wanting to stay here? Does anyone have any suggestions, or tips that they do to keep logging on, in spite of all the bad stuff going on here?

I stay for the friends, Plus I like free stuff, (those daily chance things) Ads can be ignored, spam is spam.

Stay strong, What do you like? Maybe you can chat there, there's topics on everything! I log in just to lurk....I'm a creeper ... ninja  

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:33 am
MegaAltaria

I'm sure everyone had this thought at least once. I find myself coming back to gaia because of my friend I have and can potentially make. I love chatting with people on the forum and helping out. The NSTG is also one of my reasons I log in. It's a very welcoming place and it feels like home. Events also take part of my reason coming back. I have fun just being on gaia and exploring through the towns and forums.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games