Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
"We actually have removed the gold generators" for now! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:58 pm
Staff Update Source: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1130/#1130

Zero Omega

Gold Generator Update

Hey all,

Some of you have reported not seeing any of the gold generators in the Cash Shop. This is not a glitch. At midnight on August 6, 2014 the Golden Watermelon was hit with a new strain of the G-Virus and infected all the other gold generators. As a result, we had to remove them for an undetermined amount of time. … We’re kidding about the G-Virus. We actually have removed the gold generators for the time being though. We hope that this explains where they went and that this isn’t a glitch in the Mat--- System.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, if you did purchase Gaia Cash with the intent of purchasing any of the gold generators that were in the Cash Shop at the time, then please file a billing ticket at our Help Center http://www.gaiaonline.com/help. Thank you for your understanding!

Could this be truly true! I do hope this isn't temporary! biggrin
This would make me want to come onto gaia a whole ton more!

It's good to have a little skepticism, but I feel this is at least a good direction biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:03 pm
I am proud to be a Gaian on this day.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Faizett

Dedicated Hunter

33,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:26 pm
It feels nice for the time being. I wonder if this will help Booty Grab by any chance....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:35 pm
This announcement restored my faith in Gaia  

PebbleDrop856

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 pm
They said for an 'undetermined amount of time,' which could be permanent or temporary.

I'm glad for the time being, and hope that it stays this way (:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:54 pm
Setsunasa
Staff Update Source: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1130/#1130

Zero Omega

Gold Generator Update

Hey all,

Some of you have reported not seeing any of the gold generators in the Cash Shop. This is not a glitch. At midnight on August 6, 2014 the Golden Watermelon was hit with a new strain of the G-Virus and infected all the other gold generators. As a result, we had to remove them for an undetermined amount of time. … We’re kidding about the G-Virus. We actually have removed the gold generators for the time being though. We hope that this explains where they went and that this isn’t a glitch in the Mat--- System.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, if you did purchase Gaia Cash with the intent of purchasing any of the gold generators that were in the Cash Shop at the time, then please file a billing ticket at our Help Center http://www.gaiaonline.com/help. Thank you for your understanding!

Could this be truly true! I do hope this isn't temporary! biggrin
This would make me want to come onto gaia a whole ton more!

It's good to have a little skepticism, but I feel this is at least a good direction biggrin
WAIT REALLY?

//is leaving Gaia partially because of the damn things

Looks like I might have to reconsider.

Symbolon

Blessed Cleric

papercaves

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 pm
I agree that the removal of the gold generators is a great thing. But the increase of the MP tax is going to further ruin the Gaia experience for new members or for those who do not like to use real money to buy Gaia cash, like me. The tax increase means people will raise the prices on the items they are selling in the MP to compensate for the tax increase therefore people questing/trying to purchase items worth millions and billions will have a hard time getting them. Other big time sellers will go to the Exchange and do their business from there. And from what I've heard, they are not all nice making questing even harder. All in all, anyone not purchasing Gaia cash to buy premium items or anyone trying to purchase items that are no longer in shops or are expense are getting the dirty end of the stick. The people who run logistics should have seen what was happening and should have never let it get this far. Gaia put making tons of money of their members over having happy members and look where it has gotten them. If you say you're not feeling the pressure to buy Gaia cash, you must not get on much. All day every day, they are shoving announcements with pretty cash items trying to get our money. But I'm not giving in to it until this inflation is resolved properly. And by properly, I mean by not hurting anyone's Gaia experience, because that is what really matters.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:22 am
                yeah, the increase in tax is a pain for a lot of us.
                i didn't get why they took the gold gens down even after reading the alert, idk if that's just because i knew it was so unlike gaia to stop after all this time. was the message really that clear? lol but this is definitely good news, even if only for a day or two, it still stops some amount of gold from being released into the system.

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

GrimDaeva

Cute Monster

22,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:40 am
Yay! I'm happy for this.
Maybe they're seeing how removing the gold gens will affect everyone.
Tax increase doesn't bother me really.
It sucks but I can deal with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 pm
With the way the tax increase was phrased, I think they're finally addressing the fact that there's too much gold in the economy after they released those gold generators. About time, really.  

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

BagaSherry

Friendly Citizen

12,150 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:48 pm
Great News blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Best news I've heard in a long time here.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 pm
Sounds like I picked a great time to come back. Good riddance, Generators. Please, don't ever come back, and kill the ones in inventories as well, so that they can't be used.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:03 am
papercaves
I agree that the removal of the gold generators is a great thing. But the increase of the MP tax is going to further ruin the Gaia experience for new members or for those who do not like to use real money to buy Gaia cash, like me. The tax increase means people will raise the prices on the items they are selling in the MP to compensate for the tax increase therefore people questing/trying to purchase items worth millions and billions will have a hard time getting them. Other big time sellers will go to the Exchange and do their business from there. And from what I've heard, they are not all nice making questing even harder. All in all, anyone not purchasing Gaia cash to buy premium items or anyone trying to purchase items that are no longer in shops or are expense are getting the dirty end of the stick. The people who run logistics should have seen what was happening and should have never let it get this far. Gaia put making tons of money of their members over having happy members and look where it has gotten them. If you say you're not feeling the pressure to buy Gaia cash, you must not get on much. All day every day, they are shoving announcements with pretty cash items trying to get our money. But I'm not giving in to it until this inflation is resolved properly. And by properly, I mean by not hurting anyone's Gaia experience, because that is what really matters.

I agree that gaia should not gone to far into the generators. I try to give newbies or even older players gold to help them out, and i also posted a topic in my clan on ways to make gold fast. Yes, when i first join gaia i bought a generator, but after seeing what the generators did i sticked to only having the one i bought. I hated when i got off gaia for like 5 mins and had 10 new announcements I hope this is a permanent thing (but knowing how greedy gaia is it will come back someday)  

Angel of Ghoul

Generous Entrepreneur

12,175 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

BagaSherry

Friendly Citizen

12,150 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100