Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
What's with go fusion? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do u participate in GoFusion?
  Yes, I gather and make items
  No, I do nothing with GoFusion
  Yes, but I only collect charms and sell for gold
  I don't know what that is...
View Results

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:12 pm
Why in the world did gaia create go fusion when there are so many other things that they need to fix? I mean, there are so many other things that need FIXED not created. Idk if this is good or bad, since new members can sell the chamrs for a lot of money but then inflation will rise even more for those who don't participate in the go fusion... So confusing...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
Why in the world did gaia create go fusion when there are so many other things that they need to fix? I mean, there are so many other things that need FIXED not created. Idk if this is good or bad, since new members can sell the chamrs for a lot of money but then inflation will rise even more for those who don't participate in the go fusion... So confusing...

Stick around Gaia long enough and you'll see that's a common complaint around here. Gaia releases features, updates them for a bit... then (maybe) performs maintenance after that. Like, have you tried the Inventory Arranger to organize your items? When you click the link, it's called something like the REALLY REALLY OLD Inventory arranger. We've been promised a new one for years now. It's supposedly coming soon. :/

Anywho, the new GOFusion shouldn't contribute to inflation as far as I know. It doesn't add gold to the system. Gold is just swapped from user to user as the charms are sold.
It shouldn't really affect those who aren't actively using the system right now. Really, right now is the best time to sell charms. If the charms continue to be common Daily Chance grants, the charms should become cheaper and cheaper in the marketplace... So now is the best time to sell charms (or make items and sell them) and later on it should be pretty cheap to use the GOFusion system if you're in it for keeps.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:52 pm
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321

Stick around Gaia long enough and you'll see that's a common complaint around here. Gaia releases features, updates them for a bit... then (maybe) performs maintenance after that. Like, have you tried the Inventory Arranger to organize your items? When you click the link, it's called something like the REALLY REALLY OLD Inventory arranger. We've been promised a new one for years now. It's supposedly coming soon. :/

Anywho, the new GOFusion shouldn't contribute to inflation as far as I know. It doesn't add gold to the system. Gold is just swapped from user to user as the charms are sold.
It shouldn't really affect those who aren't actively using the system right now. Really, right now is the best time to sell charms. If the charms continue to be common Daily Chance grants, the charms should become cheaper and cheaper in the marketplace... So now is the best time to sell charms (or make items and sell them) and later on it should be pretty cheap to use the GOFusion system if you're in it for keeps.

So... to my understanding, this is like the new fad basically. It starts up, as great to the eye can be, making or selling, and then after a while, it'll break down and barley anyone will use it then so gaia won't touch it then... right? So, it's going to be like zOMG! is what I'm hearing...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:15 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321

So... to my understanding, this is like the new fad basically. It starts up, as great to the eye can be, making or selling, and then after a while, it'll break down and barley anyone will use it then so gaia won't touch it then... right? So, it's going to be like zOMG! is what I'm hearing...

Pretty much, yep. ^^ That's how it goes with all features on the site. If you look closely, you'll see that most features are that way. You know, like the Towns trash exchange system. It works; it just hasn't been updated in years so it's not as popular. Everyone's been there, done that.
It doesn't necessarily have to break down... but that happens too. Quite a few features have been removed over the years rather than fix/update them.

It'll probably be closer to being like the current Alchemy system. There's a niche of users who are still into it. Most others don't use the feature because it hasn't had any new updates (formulas, items) in a while but it's not exactly broken or glitchy.
zOMG is a special case. > < Long story, but it's in maintenance mode because the devs who worked on it no longer work for Gaia. No one at Gaia knows how to tinker with it... so they'd have to contract out (most likely to the original people) if they wanted to actually update it.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:18 pm
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321

Pretty much, yep. ^^ That's how it goes with all features on the site. If you look closely, you'll see that most features are that way. You know, like the Towns trash exchange system. It works; it just hasn't been updated in years so it's not as popular. Everyone's been there, done that.
It doesn't necessarily have to break down... but that happens too. Quite a few features have been removed over the years rather than fix/update them.

It'll probably be closer to being like the current Alchemy system. There's a niche of users who are still into it. Most others don't use the feature because it hasn't had any new updates (formulas, items) in a while but it's not exactly broken or glitchy.
zOMG is a special case. > < Long story, but it's in maintenance mode because the devs who worked on it no longer work for Gaia. No one at Gaia knows how to tinker with it... so they'd have to contract out (most likely to the original people) if they wanted to actually update it.

crying crying crying Oh gaia... u need to fix your ways.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:42 pm
Bubblehead0987654321

crying crying crying Oh gaia... u need to fix your ways.

Yeah, so much this. u .u;  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers