Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e Recruitment - Under Siege (3/3 slots filled) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

A goblin siege on a dwarven hold threatens the nearby human settlement! Military aid is refused, so its up to brave adventurers like yourselves to weaken the siege so the dwarves can win "without help"!

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The Barony of Falsthar is located far to the east, where the land is arid and barren, situated upon a clearing at the foot of a mountain range. While the region itself is inhospitable, the City of Drunhei is actually quite successful, mainly as a merchant city. They rely heavily on trade with other regions back towards the lands of the three kingdoms; however, the city is more of a middle-man between other human settlements, and the Dwarven hold of King
Quartzsmythe. The Quartzsmythe and Falsthar families have had amiable relations for generations, and as such, trade relations have been profitable for everyone involved.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

However, when the siege against Quartzsmythe's Hold began, communication suddenly ceased. Attempts from Baron Falsthar to lend military aid have been met with fierce rebuttals and refusals from the dwarves, insisting that they could handle matters on their own. However, as days became weeks, and began to threaten to turn into months, Drunhei's economy threatened to shatter, and the lives of its citizens were threatened by that very Dwarven pride.

The Baron puts out a call for adventurers to lend aid as 'freelance mercenaries' in this endeavor. This is where you come in.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: PHB1, 2, 3*, Martial/Divine/Primal/Arcane/Psionic* Powers, FRPG*, Adventurers Vault 1*, 2*, MME*
Banned Resources: Everything Else

*Restricted (See allowed races/classes below. PHB3/FRPG feats restricted to class-specific & skill power feats; everything else with permission only. No psionics, DM veto rights on AV1/AV2/MME gear.)

ECL: 2nd level
Gold: Standard
Races: PHB1, 2
Classes: PHB1, 2, plus Monk, Swordmage, Seeker, Runepriest.
Ability Scores: 28 point-buy.
Alignments: Any, as long as you are reliable enough to be hired.
Pantheon: 4e standard.
Backgrounds: If you really feel the need.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Action points accumulate the same rate, but aren't restricted to 1/battle.
2] Ammunition is counted. You are responsible for this, please reflect it in your posts.
3] Mundane gear is not free at character creation.
4] Rain standard 2x XP rules will apply.
5] If you have the Ritual Caster feat, you may swap it out at character creation ONLY for either Skill Training or Skill Focus.

Seriously, only 3 spots guyz. Completed (and accurate) character sheet fills up a spot. When you update, please post so with a new link to your sheet. Your character's fluff background + description count as part of your sheet, and is required.

Sorry about the no-psionics thing. I don't like psychics in my fantasy.

3 spots is non-negotiable, but likewise, all 3 spots must be filled. Too many campaigns have crashed due to slow posting of too many players. Looking to rectify that.

Some exceptions may be made; I know one potential player might play a Goblins-esque yuan-ti, but my restriction is that such a thing is simply an aesthetically reskinned human and that's it. Clear it with me, and see how the other players feel about it. (Warning: If y'all get crazy with trying to abuse this, then no one can have anything nice).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 pm
I've gotten rusty on 4e but if I can get a pdf on my phone I'll be able to have a concept to work on figured out by the time work is over. Little sad the party is not required to go sporting magnificent beards.

Perhaps I'll just beard enough for everyone.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:53 pm
Dwarves are valid races to play, being from PHB1. All 3 of you can be dwarves if you really wanted. Most likely from another Clan/Hold/Family or something, as to avoid paradoxing the whole refusal-of-help-of-our-own-men thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 pm
Not a big fan of dwarves unless everyone wants to go that route. Thinking of making either a half-ling sorcerer or a half-orc barbarian.  

Kowsauni
Crew

xxDanielleDelacroixyy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 pm
I'm not familiar with the 4e system, though I'd love to learn. So long as I can still RP I should be fine, but if you're not interested in this becoming a bit of an introductory game that's fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:11 am
Ok here is my character sheet for Emberlyn, the Half Elf Chaos Sorcerer.

I wasn't sure what the rules were for equipment so I just bought her a +1 magic staff with the starting gold. If we are starting off with magic equipment for level 2 characters I'll adjust accordingly.

Also I'd like to know if I could take the Unarmored Agility feet from PHB3. It just fits with her attempts to look like an innocent child better. If not I'll just stick with leather armor proficiency.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:43 am
xxDanielleDelacroixyy
I'm not familiar with the 4e system, though I'd love to learn. So long as I can still RP I should be fine, but if you're not interested in this becoming a bit of an introductory game that's fine.

The only "introductory" style game I can think of, is when players don't know how to roleplay yet; your post indicates this is the case. If you mean "introductory" as a way to learn game mechanics, then I personally feel any game would suit that purpose.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:48 am
Kowsauni

I wasn't sure what the rules were for equipment so I just bought her a +1 magic staff with the starting gold. If we are starting off with magic equipment for level 2 characters I'll adjust accordingly.

Also I'd like to know if I could take the Unarmored Agility feet from PHB3. It just fits with her attempts to look like an innocent child better. If not I'll just stick with leather armor proficiency.

Level 3 item, level 2 item, level 1 item, 360 gp. smile

Also, Unarmored Agility is a go.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 am
Let's see if I can remake my sniper/ranger Krasnaya. I'll be making my character sheet on pathguy's site so it'll take a little.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:07 am
Nvm, going for a different take - elf.

Haven't done that in a long time.

Lemme know if changes need to be made.
Prucaryn  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Level 3 item, level 2 item, level 1 item, 360 gp. smile

Also, Unarmored Agility is a go.

Updated! http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=972313  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:19 pm
EVERYONE PLAY DWARVEN BARBARIANS!!!  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:15 pm
Just got home, about to step away for the evening though. If enough people want to play, I have the plot for a second game started in my head. You start off in Hell! biggrin

It will be another 3 player game, with the restriction of you can't play in both unless slots don't get filled.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff