Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
First cash shop purchase (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ending-solace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:50 pm

So I've been steadily accumulating Gaia cash from the free ways to earn it and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for what I should save up to buy. Obviously not a gold generator, really don't agree with those, but I would like to kickstart my journey here so to speak. Currently I don't have a dream avatar made (@-@ so many items...) and I really only have the starter outfits plus the one my avie is currently wearing.

Any tips, anyone? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm
Er, I'd say it's all based on personal taste. > < So, hopefully we get a lot of different tips in here. c:

Personally, what I'd do is check out how much the items are selling for in the marketplace and buy/sell for the best deal. Quick example, you want item A. It costs 499c and sells for, uh, 100k. (I know, not in this economy, but yeah.)
But, you check out item B and see that it costs 499c but sells for 200k.
Buy item B. Sell for 200k. Buy item A from the marketplace and have 100k left over. > <

Otherwise, if you wait, Gaia will sometimes have great deals where you can buy a bundle of, like, 5 old items for 499c. Heck, sometimes they even include REIs (Rapid Evolving Items) which had an original price tag of 499c anyway. > < Oh! And even better, those bundles are sometimes put on sale, so they'll only cost 399c for about an hour or so.

I'm also personally a fan of REIs. You usually get a lot of useful poses for the amount of cash spent.
I'd also look for items that have poses that you can easily use with multiple outfits, like eyes, mouths, makeup, hair. Maybe arms or legs. Items that cut hair/wigs.

I'm not listing specific items just because they get removed from the CS (Cash Shop) all the time. A specific item might be gone by the time you save up the needed cash. If you kind of maybe had an idea, theme or type of item you're interested in, I could probably point you in a more specific direction if that's what you want.

Um, for investment purposes.... the Limited Quantity Items seem to stay the most popular. Currently, anything in the "nekola" series sells out pretty quickly and is worth a pretty penny. Problem is, a lot of the LQIs are in the 999c - 1499c range.
example nekola items
example bunilla items

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

ending-solace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:30 pm
sdrawkcab

Thank you! c: I see your point of view though.. More than likely I will end up having to wait anyways since I don't quite have enough to get much of anything in the shop yet.

Though I am leaning towards wanting items with more than one pose to them and especially the hair ones.

I should probably make a dream avatar though, haha.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games