Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Philosopher's Cache? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ending-solace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:33 pm
...So to risk sounding very, very dumb. What exactly is this thing? orz Any help in understanding this is welcomed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 pm
ending-solace
...So to risk sounding very, very dumb. What exactly is this thing? orz Any help in understanding this is welcomed.

Quick answer: It's an item used for the Alchemy system.
You open the philosophers cache to get any one of the 10 other caches (or a Heart Charm for GOFusion). Each of those colored caches may be opened to obtain components needed to craft alchemy formulas.

So. If you have no interest in starting Alchemy, you're best off to sell it. (Well, I believe it's worth opening for the chance of one of the more expensive caches or the Heart Charm to sell those.)

Click on the spoiler below. > < I tried to be succinct as I could with my description of alchemy. XD;

If you're interested in finding out more about the Alchemy System, I'll link you to an intro guide. Basically, it's expensive. I hear that people can profit from alchemy, but most lose gold.
Alchemy allows you to create new items. The catch? You must have a formula, all the needed ingredients (often, expensive items) and the gold necessary to craft that item.
Formulas come in ten different levels. You gain experience by crafting items. You can only craft formulas that are your level or below.
Why do alchemy? As I said, some people profit. Others are just using up the caches that they find in the Dumpster Dive. Some have specific items they'd like to make (mainly the coveted Backwings). Some just want the achievement points that you earn from Alchemy.

This thread has links to many Alchemy guides: [The Alchemy Guide and Information Database]

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

ending-solace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 pm
sdrawkcab

You open the philosophers cache to get any one of the 10 other caches (or a Heart Charm for GOFusion). Each of those colored caches may be opened to obtain components needed to craft alchemy formulas.

So. If you have no interest in starting Alchemy, you're best off to sell it. (Well, I believe it's worth opening for the chance of one of the more expensive caches or the Heart Charm to sell those.)

Click on the spoiler below. > < I tried to be succinct as I could with my description of alchemy. XD;

If you're interested in finding out more about the Alchemy System, I'll link you to an intro guide. Basically, it's expensive. I hear that people can profit from alchemy, but most lose gold.
Alchemy allows you to create new items. The catch? You must have a formula, all the needed ingredients (often, expensive items) and the gold necessary to craft that item.
Formulas come in ten different levels. You gain experience by crafting items. You can only craft formulas that are your level or below.
Why do alchemy? As I said, some people profit. Others are just using up the caches that they find in the Dumpster Dive. Some have specific items they'd like to make (mainly the coveted Backwings). Some just want the achievement points that you earn from Alchemy.

This thread has links to many Alchemy guides: [The Alchemy Guide and Information Database]

Ah, thank you so much! c: That clears up a lot for me. I appreciate the response, now I'm off to browse that forum.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:50 pm
ending-solace
sdrawkcab

Ah, thank you so much! c: That clears up a lot for me. I appreciate the response, now I'm off to browse that forum.
No problem!  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:05 pm
sdrawkcab
ending-solace

SO THAT WHAT IT WAS!!! *Sorry I know you wear answering that guys question but I was wondering that myself*  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games