Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Reformed Monster Society (3.5) Recruiting Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:26 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

People used to fight monsters. Now they live with them and a society has been made to combat the negative perception of non-humanoid species. Your part of that society. Good luck and be wary of adventurers. This campaign is also going to be somewhat comedic.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Since the dawn of time there were two types of being. The magnificent heroes who fought for justice and good and the monsters that wanted nothing more than to destroy that good. This persisted for a few thousand generation until 47 years ago King Denarius made a statement. All sentient beings in his kingdom have the same rights as humanoids as long as they follow the laws. This put an end to many hunts against monsters that legally did nothing wrong. There were still hunts so Denarius had a society created who's original purpose was to stop these hunts. Eventually the society evolved into what it is today.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

This is the day. Today you become an official member of the Reformed Monster Society. A grand society devoted to the defense and equality of all non-humanoids. You enter the chamber along with other non-humanoids to obtain your first assignment.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Oslecamo's Improved Monster Classes, All 3.5
Banned Resources: Dragon magazine

ECL: 3
Gold: standard
Races: Oslecamo's Improved Monster Classes (They are both your class and race)
Ability Scores*: roll 4d6 drop lowest, re roll ones. Do it six times.
Hit Points: Max for first level roll for all other levels.
Alignments: Any good or neutral
Pantheon: Dnd 3.5 standard. The gods have left creation and don't grant spells but divine casters can still cast using their faith in there long departed gods.
Backgrounds:
Two things are needed.
1) A short description of your life before joining
2) What caused you to join
[ House/Optional Rules ]
1) Oslecamo's Improved Monster Classes are going to be used
2) Even if the monsters description says its always evil it isn't.
3) No planar travel is possible. Outsiders are ones that were stuck on the material plane when planar travel stopped. If your class has an ability based on planar travel tell me and we can work something out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:07 pm
.... I'm tempted to join. Just to make a Pit Fiend  

Winter Wondork

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:08 pm
Awesome, I love playing monsters. I'll make something for this soon. I have a lot of different monster characters I'll have to decide which one to use, though I'm leaning towards my Harpy atm.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:22 pm
Two people already showing interest this is a good sign.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:25 pm
Amarylli

I have always loved the Pit Fiend. How do you make a big red devil look more evil? ADD A SCORPION TAIL.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:35 pm
loth17
Amarylli

I have always loved the Pit Fiend. How do you make a big red devil look more evil? ADD A SCORPION TAIL.

Confused about the Pit fiend though. Its abilities are focused on it's Hit Dice. But nothing on it makes its Hit dice increase.  

Winter Wondork

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:42 pm
Amarylli
loth17
Amarylli

Confused about the Pit fiend though. Its abilities are focused on it's Hit Dice. But nothing on it makes its Hit dice increase.

Your hit dice equals your level.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm
loth17
Amarylli
loth17
Amarylli

... Wat. So we're all starting with rolling 3s for our health? I'm confused here.  

Winter Wondork

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:54 pm
Amarylli
loth17
Amarylli
loth17
Amarylli

... Wat. So we're all starting with rolling 3s for our health? I'm confused here.

I know where we went wrong. When it talks about abilities using hit dice its talking about your level (1-20+). When using health you use your die size (d4,d6,d8,d10,d12)  
Kowsauni rolled 12 20-sided dice: 10, 8, 11, 15, 20, 19, 12, 6, 5, 16, 8, 20 Total: 150 (12-240)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm
Alright, since there is no point buy lets see what the dice decide. Rolling for first 3 stats  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 2, 6, 6, 4, 2 Total: 47 (12-72)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm
lol lets roll d6s this time...  
Kowsauni rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 pm
Rerolling 1s  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 5 Total: 28 (12-72)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 pm

pretty good so far...  
Kowsauni rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 2, 4, 5 Total: 18 (5-30)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm
yikes rerolling 1s

Edit:

Now to decide on what monster....  

Kowsauni
Crew

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm
With nothing above a sixteen i would suggest a monster with powers not strictly tied to abilities.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff