Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Guild Arrangement? Idk what you call it... (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 pm
I have recently just opened a guild but i need some help with organizing it all. I do not know how to make more areas, like the question and assistance, to add to my forum. sweatdrop I want to try to make specific spots for different things. please help. oh and thank you to people who have been helping me with my other questions.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
I have recently just opened a guild but i need some help with organizing it all. I do not know how to make more areas, like the question and assistance, to add to my forum. sweatdrop I want to try to make specific spots for different things. please help. oh and thank you to people who have been helping me with my other questions.

The areas that you'd like to make are called subforums. ^^

In your guild, you should see a tab called "Moderator Panel" at the top of the page (below the main Gaia header).

You can either click that tab or use the drop down menu. Choose "Edit Forums."

You'll see a page that lists your current forums and subforums. You can name the forums and choose whether they'll be locked for crew only or not. On the right of the page, there's another link you'll see called "Purchase Additional Forum." Choose that option.

Each subforum you make will cost 2500g. Make sure that there is enough money in the guild account to create the subforums. You can add money to your guild account by clicking the "Guild Home" tab to go to your guild's main page. You can donate to your guild at the bottom of that page.

Random tip; It's good to create a rules/info thread in each of your subforums. (Just like Ebania's Front Desk threads found in each of these subforums.) Make sure to click either the "sticky" or "announcement" option so that the thread will stay at the top of the subforum. Announcements sit higher than stickies.

Edit; Another tip:
At the bottom of threads in your guild, you'll see three symbols: an arrow, a lock and an x. If you choose the lock option, you can lock guild members out of posting in that thread.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 pm
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321

The areas that you'd like to make are called subforums. ^^

In your guild, you should see a tab called "Moderator Panel" at the top of the page (below the main Gaia header).

You can either click that tab or use the drop down menu. Choose "Edit Forums."

You'll see a page that lists your current forums and subforums. You can name the forums and choose whether they'll be locked for crew only or not. On the right of the page, there's another link you'll see called "Purchase Additional Forum." Choose that option.

Each subforum you make will cost 2500g. Make sure that there is enough money in the guild account to create the subforums. You can add money to your guild account by clicking the "Guild Home" tab to go to your guild's main page. You can donate to your guild at the bottom of that page.

Random tip; It's good to create a rules/info thread in each of your subforums. (Just like Ebania's Front Desk threads found in each of these subforums.) Make sure to click either the "sticky" or "announcement" option so that the thread will stay at the top of the subforum. Announcements sit higher than stickies.

wow... sweatdrop That seems like i could have just looked and read it! I must have over read or not even read the whole thing. Thank you for showing me to make a sub forum and all!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:58 pm
Bubblehead0987654321

wow... sweatdrop That seems like i could have just looked and read it! I must have over read or not even read the whole thing. Thank you for showing me to make a sub forum and all!

Nah, I get it. It's a bit disorienting to navigate your way through all the menus for the first time. You should find everything you need in that Moderator Panel tab. Have fun!  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items