Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Niall Hughes - Mind Healer ~London Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:35 pm
User ImageXXUser ImageXXUser Image

Niall rented out this small office space just a mere block from St. Mungos so that any clients that the hospital refers to him won't have a long way to go. While his personal office might be lacking in decor or personality he finds that the green nature look of the actual therapy room sometimes helps to calm the recipients.

Michael Davenport is a muggle psychologist who knows of the magical world and has helped to expand the business to cater to both magicals and muggles alike. While he sees a mix of both, the majority of his clients are indeed muggle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:38 pm
The office offers a multitude of help for anything that might be troubling. The list includes:

Grief counseling
Marriage counseling
Drug rehab
Substance abuse counseling
Children's counseling
Abuse/Rape counseling
General counseling
Sexuality counseling

etc...

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:48 pm
Current List of Clients

All clients personal information is kept completely secret and confidential

**How to Become a Client
If you would like to become a client of Niall Hughes please fill out the form at the bottom along with your current owling address and leave it in his mailbox, he is sure to get back to you. Please note that the first session is a free 30 minute help session so that he can determine your exact needs and respectful times to meet. Payments vary from client to client.

[b]Full name:[/b] your character's name please with link to their profile
[b]Age:[/b] character's age
[b]If you are under the age of seventeen will your parent/guardian be with you during the sessions?[b] well will they?
[b]What services are you in need of?[/b] basic, just put either grief, general, marriage, or if it's something more complicated please give a basic outline of the problem
[b]Current address[/b] link to your character's home
[b]Signature[/b] character's signature

**Please PM the form to Yukina101 or Diamond Wales for each respective healer and they will respond as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:06 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Younger Brother☰

Hold on, hold on so strong, time just carries on
All that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain

Niall waved away his last client for the day before glancing at the clock hidden in the soothing green room. He felt that if the clock was hidden from prying and sometimes nervous eyes, that the client would open up more if they didn't know how much longer they would be in. Of course he still had a timer and a few of the brave ones did ask how much time they still had and he would tell them but for the most part it worked about fifty percent of the time. The clock read a little after two which surprised him since he usually didn't end some of these days until after six which did make him slightly happy that people trusted him and his knowledge to help with their problems but that particular thought process left him rather guilty. He shouldn't feel happy that people had issues that needed dealing with, but he did feel happy that they were strong enough to realize these issues and try to get help. The Irishman sighed rubbing his hair and suddenly felt stiff and stuffy making him unbutton his jacket to show the blue shirt underneath. Niall usually didn't wear a tie unless he was needed in a consultation at St. Mungos and only then it was to look somewhat professional. He never really liked ties, having to wear them for nearly seventeen years by first his overbearing father and then of course for school he had developed a deep dislike for them. Emmet thought it was hilarious that as "uptight" as he was that he didn't like ties but he usually just flipped him off or ignored him which made his older brother laugh even harder. Just because he followed the rules and didn't hump everything that had a heartbeat didn't mean he was uptight! Morally conscious sure, but he just liked to think of it as always doing what was right compared to doing what was expected. He liked to think of himself as a knight from the old tales really. An unexpected rumble erupted from his stomach actually startling him before he realized that he had completely skipped lunch in order to take a late client who had apparently forgot she had an appointment in favor of discussing why she didn't need a man to her mother's portrait. Her mother's muggle portrait. Needless to say after dealing with her emergency he hadn't felt very much like eating. Now however he was famished but he still needed to write up his report for his last client and send them to the hospital for further documentation. So he sighed again and got up from his couch and went into his smaller office but not before grabbing a bottle of cream soda from his mini fridge (it was built into his filing cabinet, how cool was that?!) and a bag of trail mix and sat down in his office chair and began typing up the report on his computer. Sometimes he truly wished the magical world were more technologically advanced so he could just type up his reports and e-mail them to the hospital, but he knew he was just pushing his luck by tying them and printing them out. Oh well, it was busy work but at least it was the last busy work of the day. Phantom Hourglass was calling his name!

Cara MiaKitty

{Where~ My office
With~ Myself
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ What I wouldn't do for widespread wifi}

You wanna run away, run away
And you say that it can't be so
You wanna look away, look away
But you stay 'cause it's all so close
When you stand up and hold out your hand
In the face what I don't understand
My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:49 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Loving Christopher Whitethorne
                                                          Looking Sweet at Niall's Office with Niall
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ It went fine with Nell, surely this won't be any different? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Love me tender, love me long, take me to your heart. ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          For it's there that I belong, and will never part. ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide'd had quite a time trying to locate her friend's office. It really shouldn't have been so hard, but she was having a horrible time with directions and all manner of other things lately. Her brain simply wasn't working quite right... her Oma, the one of the only two people she had confided in thus far about her pregnancy (though several more knew, which she still occasionally got more than a little annoyed about), had assured her it was quite normal... and then informed her that it would only get worse. Which sounded absolutely lovely... not. She sighed lightly, unsure if it would be rude to simply walk in... then she noticed the sign. Oh. Well, that certainly cleared that up, she thought, opening the door and slipping inside. Once she was in, she blinked. The color was very... vibrant. It was actually somewhat off-putting, though that might simply be because she was rather sensitive to stimuli lately. She noticed, though, that a door was open, and approached it quickly. She leaned in the doorway and rapped her knuckles against the wood, smiling lightly. "I'm not interrupting, am I?" she asked, a small grin on her face. The smile fell, only slightly, after a moment, though, and she cleared her throat nervously. "I, er, I sort of need to tell you something. I've been trying to find time, but... well, we're always both so busy..." She trailed off, sighing lightly. She seemed to have a rather hard time finding time for anyone lately, other than the idiots she called friends who lived in her building. Honestly, she was getting a bit sick of Damien, seeing him at home all the time and eating lunch with him almost every day on top of it. She knew it was just her hormones making her more annoyed than usual at him (and the rest of them), but honestly, the only person she wanted to be around at all was Chris, at least for more than a couple of hours at a time. Seeing Jason at work wasn't quite so bad, but then, they were working, and the wolf didn't speak much anyway. She sometimes felt a bit awful that he seemed to be bearing the brunt of her rather inconsistent moods and blonde moments, but he hadn't fired her yet, so she supposed she wasn't that awful. The Hufflepuff counted herself lucky that the men in her life seemed to have infinite patience with her. Or, those two did, at least. Damien and Dominic, not so much. Niall... well, she'd have to see. Which was why she was here, after all. She felt bad that she was about to throw so much at her friend at once... but hey, he was basically a wizarding psychologist, right? He could totally take it... she hoped.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ Love me tender, love me dear, tell me you are mine.
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 am
User Image
User Image

Niall was nearly done with his report when a knock on his open office door startled him and he raised his eyes from the screen to see Ada standing there, blonde hair and smiles as usual. A large grin broke out on his face as he jumped up from his chair and went over towards her. "Ada! No no, you're not interrupting anything! I was just finishing up some paperwork, that's all. Erm..." He had just about to offer her a seat when he realized that the only chair in his minimalist office was his office chair and laughed embarrassed. "Sorry, small space um, why don't we talk in the other room. If it doesn't freak you out or anything." he teased while leading the pair of them back into his therapy room and instinctively walking over and sitting in the tan armchair leaving the sofa for his friend. He was just about to offer her a drink when she nervously told him that she needed to tell him something making his hackles raise. He hoped it wasn't something especially serious like a death or an illness and he especially didn't want it to with something bad about her boyfriend. While he didn't know specifics, Niall liked to think that besides Michelle Ada had kept him the most informed about her secret nighttime dates with the mysterious Chris Whitethorne. From a quick perusal she didn't seem like a battered partner but he knew well enough that abuse wasn't purely physical. Unconsciously he developed what his brother called his "shrink stance" where he crossed one leg over the other and leaned forward slightly with his hands together fingers laced and his face near emotionless. Near because he was still worried about what he was about to hear. "I understand, things happen and we just lose track of time. It's normal. So, what is it you need to tell me?" Part of him was surprised he hadn't summoned his notebook to start taking notes but the other part pushed pack the former strictly informing it that this was a friend and not a paying client. Not that he could take her as a client anyway; conflict of interest and all.

Cara MiaKitty

{Where~ My office
With~ Ada
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ I'd rather not like to resort to violence}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide suppressed the urge to groan when he asked her back into the main room, the one where he presumably met with his clients. She didn't quite see how the rather bright green color could be calming, which was what she would've expected the goal to be, but then, he was the Healer, not her. The blonde followed him, a faint smirk on her lips. "Hm, I don't see why it would bother me," she said flippantly, having a seat on the couch across from him. "I mean, it's not as though I have to worry about you poking around in my head, is it?" She rolled her eyes lightly at this, because she was pretty sure they were both all-too aware of the fact that, yes, in fact, he would. The location of their conversation wouldn't change it a bit, he'd start doing his shrink thing whether they were here, her flat, out to eat, wherever. She did lean back in her seat a bit and arch a brow at his positioning in the chair. "Turn it off, doc," she told him with a snicker, crossing her arms. "I'm not here to talk about how all of my problems date back to my childhood or whatever." Not that she even had any problems, aside from her general nausea sitting in this room. It really was far too green. She did quite enough retching on her own, thanks very much, she didn't need his office adding to it. But, it wasn't as though she could change that, even if she were a little green around the gills.

spaceThe Hufflepuff sighed, trying to think how best to approach this. She'd only done it twice before, after all, with Nell and her grandmother. Nell's response had been... encouraging, at least. To say nothing of Oma; sometimes Ada wondered if the old woman was entirely sane. Then again, her mother must've gotten her complete and utter blitheness about everything from somewhere, and it certainly hadn't been her grandfather. Ada uncrossed her arms and fiddled with her hair a bit. "I need to talk to you about... well, I actually have a couple of things I need to talk to you about, one of them I meant to tell you months ago, but I couldn't find the time to see you, and it's really not something you tell someone by mail..." Not to mention the fact that Ada would never risk anyone intercepting that letter and reading it. Not that there was any reason for anyone to do so... at least, as far as she knew. But, then, she might not know. So, it was really best to do everything in person. "It's, well, it's about Chris. Uh... I know that you've noticed that I don't, er, talk about him much, or our private life, or any of that... It's just... well, he's not really comfortable with a lot of people knowing about it. He's only letting me tell people now because... well, because of the second thing I need to tell you about. I pointed out that, given the circumstances, it was best that everyone be informed." She paused, realizing that she'd slowly been getting more and more cryptic, and had to wonder if she'd picked that up from Chris. She was fairly certain that in the past she would've just blurted it out by now. "The thing is..." She leaned forward then, looking straight into Niall's eyes, hoping that she hadn't worried him half to death and made him think she was in some sort of trouble, which she was fairly certain she had. She sighed, ruffling her hair lightly. "The thing is, Niall, that my boyfriend is a vampire."

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:14 am
User Image
User Image

Niall only rolled his eyes as waved away his concerns and teasing as she sat upon the couch. He did however raise an eyebrow at her obviously rhetorical question that he of course just had to answer. "I don't know, do you need your head examined?" he chuckled at his own joke. He was surprised though that she recognized his body positioning for what it was and gave her a sheepish and apologetic look as he unwound leaned back in his chair but still leaving his legs crossed. "Sorry. Sometimes I don't realize if I'm turning it on or off." He would not tell her that he had already filed away her comment about problems related to childhood and how he could conclude that she probably did have either resolved or unresolved issues from that particular part of her past. He knew his friends were happy for him when he got his own practice and doing what he loved but he also knew they wouldn't like him analyzing his life. Especially the Slytherins. Niall watched Ada sigh and fidget really becoming concerned about whatever it was she was going to reveal to him since it was causing her such discomfort. As she rambled he didn't say anything and barely resisted returning to his "shrink pose" although it didn't stop his mind from wandering and taking in everything. From what she was telling him her boyfriend had a rather big secret that he couldn't tell anyone, he's uncomfortable with the knowledge of anyone finding out, and apparently special circumstances have come forward that have allowed her to tell only those close to her. The Irishman had seen signs like this before. Chris was probably homosexual and had only just realized this about himself after he had been dating Ada for a number of years. The only reason he could see her staying with him is because it's possible his father could have caught wind of their "romance" and he, still not able to fully accept this new part of himself, lied and kept lying about their relationship. Ada being the nice person she was probably stayed with him just until he finally came out. It was actually rather amazing how many cases like that he had gotten in the few months he had been in practice. When she finally got to the end of the line he began to nod understandingly as she still struggled to tell his secret. "It's ok Ada, I know that he's gay." He said this only a split second before she then said vampire making him pause and blink. 'Wait...did she just say what I think she just said?! Niall thought incredulously and had an equally astonished look on his face. "D-did you just say that Chris was a vampire?! Tha-it's-you-this explains everything!" he finally managed to exclaim jumping out of his seat. "It would explain why he was only able to meet you at night, dusk at the earliest. It's why you could never fully introduce us all to him because he was probably still getting accumulated to blood, or at least not being human because the way you describe him does not belay a century old vampire. Oh my Merlin, how could I not see this before?!" He had been pacing the entire time he talked before finally flopping back into his chair with a huff and most definitely not a pout. He was certainly not annoyed that he hadn't been able to figure out that his friend's boyfriend was a supernatural, nope not at all. It was only after he recovered from his funk that he remembered that she had said there was a couple of things she needed to tell him raising the question of what else was there? "Ada, you said there was a couple of things to discuss with me and I'm guessing the fact that your boyfriend is a vampire is not the only thing." he stated waiting for her next response.

Cara MiaKitty

{Where~ My office
With~ Ada
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ Ugh! The answer was right in front of me all this time!}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:55 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide barely managed to keep from shooting the man a glare at his not-question. It wasn't that she didn't love the guy, she did, really, but if she needed a doctor she'd let him know. Not so that he could be her doctor, of course, given that he was a bit too close of a friend for such a thing to be viable, but he could make a recommendation or something. Still, she didn't really have any issues that she needed to sort through, in spite of what he might think. She wasn't even all that shaky on the self-esteem front anymore, which she was pretty sure was because it was sort of hard to have low self-esteem when a guy who looked as good as Chris enjoyed... well, now wasn't the time for that, now was it? Still, she felt a little guilty when Niall apologized. She knew he wasn't doing it on purpose, she really did. It just got frustrating sometimes when she wanted to talk to him as a friend and he started psychoanalyzing her. "It's fine... as long as you don't get all annoyed at me when I call you out on it," she told him with a light shrug. Really, that was all she could ask of him. It wasn't as though she wasn't just as bad... the other day, Damien had mentioned something about some ivy that was growing at his father's place and choking out one of the flowerbeds... She'd proceeded to launch into an almost interrogation over it trying to figure out exactly what sort of ivy it was.

spaceAda barely had time to respond to Niall's assumption over what exactly her secret was when her actual confession registered to him. She watched as he immediately leapt up, bracing herself for him to call her insane, to ask all the questions everyone seemed to have to ask and say all the things everyone seemed to have to say. But, instead, he began ranting, mostly to himself, she thought, and pacing back and forth... the sudden movement made her feel even more queasy. She pressed a hand to her mouth, trying to suppress the urge to throw up, and closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths. When he finally stopped and sat back down in his chair, she leaned her head back. That was it? A bit of amazed ranting about how it was so obvious? She almost felt like she was getting off too easily... and then she remembered what he'd said before she'd told him the truth. Her eyes shot open and she glared at him. "You thought he was gay?! Oh, bloody hell, Niall, you twit, how long have you been holding onto that one? Seriously! This is why you don't just psychoanalyze people and make assumptions, you bloody prat!" She said, standing as she did so, fists clenched in annoyance. She had no idea why this was making her so angry, just that it was. Maybe it was that little bit of insecurity she had left rearing its ugly head. Although, honestly, it was pretty silly of her to worry about Chris being gay. She was fairly certain that he couldn't be that good with her if he were.

spaceThe irrationality and irritation faded, and her stomach caught up to her own rather sudden movement. The Hufflepuff swayed, a hand going to her stomach. Ugh, she needed to get out of this room. She sort of half-sat, half-fell back onto the couch, closing her eyes and breathing deeply again. She loved her baby, she really did, more than she could express, but damn if she didn't hate all the side-effects of pregnancy. They were a complete pain. She barely heard Niall asking her what else she wanted to talk about. The hand that wasn't on her stomach raised, holding up a finger to ask him to wait as she tried to get her stomach to settle. When it finally did, she kept her eyes closed, not sure if the green of the room would make it worse again. "The other thing... right," she murmured, hand absently petting her stomach. She was starting to show, just barely, but it was there, the faintest little sign of a baby bump. She'd not really noticed it until she'd gotten dressed that morning and noticed that one of her favorite tops didn't look quite the same, was laying differently across her stomach. "Erm... alright, so, you're the... third person I've told this. The others being my grandmother because I figured she'd help me tell my parents and Olyvia because she was going to be away at school when I told everyone else..." The blonde opened her eyes, staring straight at Niall, trying to focus on him and not the rest of their surroundings. "Niall... I'm pregnant." She couldn't help the ridiculous little smile that broke out on her face, the light that suddenly appeared in her eyes. Something about saying those words always made her feel immeasurably happy. It was like the baby was just an idea until she said them out loud, and speaking them made it a reality. Which made no sense, given her host of pregnancy symptoms, but she couldn't exactly help how she felt. Particularly of late.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Niall was still reeling both in shock that Ada's boyfriend was a vampire and that he hadn't seen it when his friend's anger finally hit him. He blinked a few times in the midst of her tirade and all he could think was 'I'm not a prat!', which was rather childish but still, words hurt! He was going to say so but then she hunched over as if she were in pain making him jump into action and over to the couch besides her placing a hand over her forehead to check for fever. "Ada! Ada are you ok?! Do you need some water? Gingerale? Tea?" Only having one of those options he ran back into his office to his mini fridge and pulled out a small bottled water then ran back to hand to her. He knew what he thought was shocking but not enough to warrant that! Niall was just about to ask if she was ok when she launched into another rambling session and finally announced that she was pregnant.
Wait, what?!
"Can vampires even do that?!" The young man hadn't realized that he had said what he thought aloud and when he did his cheeks colored as he flushed in embarrassment. "Sorry, that was rude. A-and I'm sorry for psychoanalyzing without permit, I know it's wrong of me." Niall apologized contritely. He could see how happy she was to carry her boyfriend's child as plainly as the large smile on his face. Speaking of which, "So, is Adalaide Blythe soon going to change to Adalaide Whitethorne?" he teasingly asked but was honestly curious. He couldn't say he liked the idea of a child coming before marriage but he knew things happened.

Cara MiaKitty

{Where~ My office
With~ Ada
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ I am a prat}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide waved her hand a bit to try and communicate to Niall that she was alright, though of course it wasn't very effective. She hadn't meant to panic the man, for Merlin's sake. She took the water gratefully, taking a long pull before leaning back again. "I'm fine, just... a bit sick to my stomach. This room is really very, very green, Niall, and you were very suddenly moving very, very fast," she said wryly, smirking and shaking her head at him. "It's a bit... overstimulating." Well, that wasn't an understatement at all, she thought sarcastically. But, really, she wasn't trying to knock his interior design preferences. She just... wished that things weren't quite so overpoweringly colorful. She was hardly the sort of person to have an issue with the color, considering she worked at a Herbology store and had grown up in her parents greenhouse, but this particular shade of green was... unnaturally bright, she thought. It was lovely, really... just a bit much.

spaceShe couldn't contain the laughter when Niall's immediate response was to ask if it were possible for a vampire to father a child. She waved away his apology, rolling her eyes. "Well, I couldn't very well be pregnant if they couldn't, now could I? And don't worry about it, really. When I found out he was a vampire, the first thing I did was ask if he could eat normal food," she told him with a laugh, smiling at the memory. She'd really put her foot in her mouth there... and it hadn't even been the first time that night. Or the last. God, actually... why exactly had he asked her to be his girlfriend, anyway? She couldn't recall a single time prior to his asking where she could have possibly made a good impression on him. Particularly a good enough one for him to've wanted to date her. And yet, here she was... sometimes she still didn't quite understand how she'd gotten where she was. But, she wouldn't change it for the world. "And, to be fair... he didn't know it was possible, either," Ada told Niall with a light shrug. She still couldn't quite wrap her head around the fact that Chris hadn't bothered to look into his vampirism enough to know that he could have children, but she wasn't complaining. They were going to be a family because of it, which was a rather big deal. Still, Niall's question about the status of her relationship made her sigh, a light frown playing on her lips. "He hasn't said anything... which, I'm sort of thankful for. I mean... I dunno. We're already living together. We're having a baby. We're a family. It's just a formality... and yet it's a formality that still somehow manages to carry a lot of weight. I'd... I'd rather he not ask me... to marry him, just because I'm pregnant. I mean... I want to marry him, obviously, but... I guess I don't want to wonder if he's asking because he actually wants to, or if it's that he feels obligated to because of the baby." It was something she'd never before articulated out loud, although she'd had it on her mind quite a bit. Hard not to, with how formal his family was. Honestly, she was sort of surprised that he hadn't, just because of his father. Mr. Whitethorne certainly seemed like the sort to try and order them down the aisle. She gave Niall a small smile. "Besides, I'm already starting to show. I don't want to walk down the aisle looking like I have a pumpkin under my dress," she told him with a faint laugh.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:59 pm
User Image
User Image

Niall grinned sheepishly at Ada's words about his very green room and his fast movements. She was not the first person, and would certainly not be the last, to comment about his choice of color for the therapy room. "Well I read somewhere that the color green and nature elements unconsciously calm and sooth people so I sorta put that element everywhere. To be honest you've been the nicest critic. Emmet said it reminded him of baby vomit after it's had peas and Nell said that she feels like she's trapped in a primary school coloring book." he shrugged nonchalantly. It didn't really bother him that much and while some of his clients have reacted near the same way as his friends and family, it only created a bridge for him to cross to get them to open up. In his mind, it was a win-win. He was a bit confused when she began laughing but when she explained he lost some of his blush and began to chuckle along with her once her words registered. In a way it was a rather logical question, not much was taught about vampires except that they sucked blood and lived forever. So not knowing that a p***s' virility could survive even after "death" could truly be astounding. Still, they could have used a condom. But after the blow up that happened after he suspected that her beau be gay, he wasn't taking any chances with the short leash that had been thrown to him. Niall did however pat her hand as she spoke through her small dilemma of marriage while also agreeing that they were indeed a family, without or without legal ties. "If you want my opinion, you don't need to be married. Like you said, you and Chris are already a family in your own rights. You live together, you obviously sleep together, and you're adding a new addition to your home. Now, in answer to your concern of whether or not he wants to or feel obligated, as a man I can honestly answer that he's probably feeling both. He loves you, that much is sure, and he's more than likely had thoughts of the perfect way to propose to you before the both of you found out you were pregnant. Now he still wants to propose but not in a way to come across that he needs to in obligation to you and the baby but in a way of a man showing his love and want of a woman. And to answer this as a friend who just happens to be a man, why don't you just propose to him? You are an incredible woman Ada and Chris is extremely lucky to be allowed to have you, because we both know a number of your friends could have found a way to make him 'disappear.' " The Hufflepuff didn't like to often think of dastardly and sometimes Slytherin tactics but had Chris not been the man that he was, he was very sure between Damien, Michelle, Marina, Gracie, Nell, himself, and his brother's contacts Chris would be thanking ever known deity that he was indeed a vampire. "Anyway, if you are the one making that final step then there virtually is no conflict of interest. You are stating that you wish to be the family you already are without obligation to the baby." Niall offered. He knew that to some men this idea might seem emasculating but this was the year 2026! If women couldn't be allowed to propose marriage then they might as well go back to the times where woman were traded along with salted meats and leather.

Cara MiaKitty

{Where~ My office
With~ Ada
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ Lot a ways to make a man disappear}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide rolled her eyes lightly. Of course Nell had said something. The Scot didn't know when to keep her mouth shut. As for Niall's brother... ugh. There were few people in this world Ada would well and truly love to slap upside the head, but he was definitely on the list. Actually... all the Slytherin boys in her life were on the list. Except Jason, but he didn't really count since he was her boss. "It's... nice. A bit much, I think. But, that might just be because everything short of laying in bed makes me feel sick lately," she told him, patting herself on the stomach as if to draw attention to exactly who was to blame for that. She supposed it wasn't really fair to blame the baby, technically it was hers and Chris' faults, but oh, well.

spaceThe Hufflepuff almost sagged in relief when Niall said he didn't think that marriage was necessary, mostly because it was nice to know at least one person wasn't trying to shove her into a wedding gown. Her mum was going to be over the moon about being a grandmother, and of course she'd think that, well, if they were having a baby, why weren't they getting married as well. Not that Ada thought either of her parents would try and force them to get married (and anyway, they sort of lacked the power to do so), but that didn't mean she didn't expect Natasha at least to begin planning a wedding almost immediately. At least she knew one person who agreed that it wasn't important. However, she paled considerably and jolted up straight in her seat at his next suggestion. Wait, was he mad? She blinked at him, expression a cross between exasperated and shocked. "... I... I..." She couldn't seem to find words, couldn't even actually form a coherent thought about what he'd said. She supposed... she supposed he had a point, although she did feel the need to point out that he'd never actually met Chris and therefore had no way of knowing whether or not her boyfriend had ever even thought of proposing to her. Niall couldn't possibly know what was going on in Chris' head. As much as Ada would like to think that he'd considered it, she couldn't make that assumption, because what if he hadn't? What if it'd never crossed his mind? She knew he loved her, but... she brushed the thought away, not even sure what exactly came after the 'but.' There were a lot of things that might, actually, and none of them were very pleasant.

spaceShe sighed, a hand going to her hair and ruffling it in agitation. He made everything sound so simple, but it just wasn't! "What's to stop him from only saying yes because of the baby, though?" she asked. If a person could propose out of that obligation, it was just as easy to assume a person could say yes to a proposal for the same reason. She didn't want him to only say yes because he felt like he had to, either because of the baby or some other reason. Truthfully, she had no idea where his head was in regards to their future, aside from the fact that he was obviously going to be a father. He had asked her to move in with him before she'd gotten pregnant (and actually, counting back, she thought that might've actually been when he'd gotten her pregnant), but it wasn't like they'd ever discussed their future beyond that. And... well, at the moment, he had an awful lot more future than she did, and as much as she might like it to, that probably wouldn't change. She didn't like thinking about it... mostly because the options were that he would either leave her eventually, or he'd stay with her until the day she died, both of which were incredibly depressing. Honestly, before the baby, she'd wondered just how long it would be before he decided it was too painful to watch her age. She hadn't wanted him to feel like he had to stay... now, it wasn't even her that would force him to. It was the baby. Another thing she tried not to think about. She couldn't help but fear that the reason he'd never said anything was because he already knew he would leave and didn't want to hurt her. Like if he just never said anything, she won't know and wouldn't have to worry about it. She blinked, realizing that there were tears in her eyes, and closed them, trying to will them away. "It's... it's just so complicated, Niall," she whispered. They would have to talk about it eventually... but she didn't want to. Not right now, especially. Right now she wanted to be happy. They were having a baby, for Merlin's sake! They should be allowed to be excited about that, to not worry about anything other than the things people with babies worried about! She shouldn't have to sit here and wonder how long it would be before he couldn't stand to see her grow old and whether or not he'd keep in touch with her like he undoubtedly would with their child. She should propose to him... hah. Like he needed another obligation to be with her.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 am
User Image
User Image

Niall snorted at Ada's self assessment before he settled back comfortably against the sofa and watched her reaction to his words. The way she was acting he had to think that almost no one close to her had told her that she didn't have to get married to Chris for this to work out, he most certainly knew she hadn't told anyone else in their gaggle of friends since she had already said he was the first...besides those obviously in the thick of things. Knowing Damien he would probably bust a blood vessel at the mere thought of his friend being pregnant let alone by a vampire, Gracie, with her odd look on life, would find it somehow romantic or at least terribly amusing, Dominic would ask questions all the while grinning smugly because he knew he was making her uncomfortable, Marina...who really knew about her except herself, and Nell would want to start maternity and baby shopping the exact tenth of a second after she finds out. All in all, everyone would probably tell her the same thing he had already tried to convey. However her soft yet emotional question did take him back but only for a second before he just looked at her incredulously. "Logically nothing. But you know him better than I do and longer. Do you really think he's the sort of man vampire thing to only say yes for propriety sake? Because if that were the case your little bundle of joy wouldn't even be here...well he or she isn't here yet in the physical sense more the metaphysical sense. Well it more depends on if you believe life starts at conception or at birth or at the first heartbeat or when they actually start gaining appendages...by the way how far along are you?" Niall had started lightly rambling to himself caught up in his thoughts before they finally came back to his friend. Who by the way was having a bit of a crisis while he was figuring out the biggest question in the known world. She was right, he was a prat! He heard her whisper and saw the undeveloped tears that she was trying to blink back and cautiously wrapped an arm around her to offer her comfort. "It doesn't have to be. Then again, you're taking this from a guy whose surrounded by beautiful women, all who have absolutely no romantic inclination towards him so maybe you should be asking Emmet." he teased nudging her a little. He knew how much Ada found his older brother...not nauseating but certainly annoying. She had said more than once in their several years of schooling whenever he would drop by and either embarrass him by being himself or embarrass him further by being his flirtatious self. A loud gurgle sounded though his office making him pink as he coughed to try and cover it up. Apparently between existential thinking and coming to terms that his fantasy overcritical thinking towards his friend's boyfriend had turned in his favor worked up the therapist's appetite! And Ada looked as though she could use a pick-me-up...or four. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty? Or-or maybe craving something? It's just that, I haven't really eaten today and if we're going to stay on serious topics then I demand at least a fish and chips platter. At the very least the chips!" Niall tried to sound demanding while also using his pleading puppy eyes.

Cara MiaKitty

{Where~ My office
With~ Ada
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ Fooooodd}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide shot a glare at Niall. Man vampire thing? Seriously? Was the man insane? "Niall, I had a problem with you saying he was gay, do you really think you get to call my boyfriend, the father of my child, a thing, and keep your head attached to your shoulders?" she asked coldly, eyes narrowed. Adalaide Blythe was not typically a mean or even remotely scary person, but if looks could kill, Niall would have been a smoldering pile of ash in his chair. The threat was completely empty, of course, she wasn't even a remotely violent person under most circumstances, but these were not most circumstances. Besides, she'd been spending far too much time with Slytherins. It was to be expected that they would have rubbed off a bit.

spaceStill, as much as she hated to admit it, Niall might have a point. Chris was a gentleman, sure, but his level of such had its limits. And, really, if he were going to marry her just because of the baby... he'd probably be the one to propose, right? Ugh, she wished she knew. If he'd just never thought about it, maybe he wouldn't actually be opposed to the idea? Although the idea that she might ask him to marry her, or even imply that she might want to get married, and he'd react with surprise, was somewhat disconcerting. She liked to think it might've at least occurred to him. But, if he'd actually thought about it, and didn't want to... that would be awkward, if she brought it up. She was torn between being mad at Niall for the 'thing' comment and depressed that she was so in the dark with Chris. Niall's little tirade about when life began was actually a welcome diversion, and one she was more than happy to let herself follow. "... Niall, I spend half my time feeling like I'm going to retch and the other half wondering how much of my emotions are actually me and how much are my insane pregnancy hormones. I refuse to give credit for that to a non-living entity," she muttered dryly, rolling her eyes. "And by the way? Do not say a word about my insane pregnancy hormones. No one is allowed to call them insane but me," she informed him, murder in her eyes. There was probably only one other person who could call her insane right now, and that was only because she felt bad that he was having to put up with her insanity. And even then, she would probably still get pissed at him for saying it and only forgive him after the fact.

spaceShe almost wanted to strangle Niall for his oh, so sage words. 'It doesn't have to be.' If he knew how to un-complicate things, she'd love to hear it. Not that she'd listen, because all the insight in the world didn't help when something was entirely beyond your realm of understanding. Besides, she couldn't give him any credit for anything he said about Chris and what Chris was thinking or how he felt. The pair had never met, first of all. And not ten minutes ago, Niall had assumed Chris was gay, so he'd have to forgive her for thinking he didn't have a leg to stand on in regards to how to simplify her love life. His admission that perhaps he wasn't an expert on romance, though, left her rolling her eyes. "Somehow I doubt your brother would be much help. I'm fairly certain if I talked to him about wanting to get married, the first thing he'd do was hunt down Chris to 'warn' him that I wanted him to commit and he needed to get out now," she said, nose wrinkling, the expression half-way between amused and annoyed. Niall's brother wasn't exactly known for being a fan of commitment... she swore she'd heard him say the phrase 'bros before hoes' unironically once. Which was disturbing on a level she didn't care to even consider. She sighed, smiling lightly when Niall asked if she was hungry. "I... could eat," she said, shaking her head and chuckling. She'd do anything to get out of this room, to be honest. Besides that, she was hungry... but then, when wasn't she hungry? The petite Hufflepuff had often wondered where exactly all the food was going. It couldn't even be chalked up to that 'eating for two' nonsense, which was a myth anyway... she'd always been like this, since long before the baby. Which, on that note, she realized she'd never answered Niall's question. "And, I'm about four and a half months, by the way," she told him with a grin. She was about halfway through her pregnancy... which was incredibly odd to think about, even now. She was a mother... how bizarre was that?

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games