Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Arranged Randomly OOC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel-Kami-Sama

Cunning Lunatic

5,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:30 pm
Aura_Anoushka
Angel-Kami-Sama

Hey I'll post in a few more hours - sorry for the delay. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and have been busy most of today

Don't worry about it. Take your time ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:03 am
Ivory_Coated_Stars

shabatha

I can't wait to see where you guys are going with this biggrin  

Aura_Anoushka

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 am
Ok, so I'm not really sure how to have Armel respond in this situation  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:59 am
ben9x

Quote or message the people involved and sort things out with them? I'll have to read Armel's posts more in depth to give you a suggestion other than that and I'll be busy until much later tonight (gotta work then apartment hunt).  

Aura_Anoushka

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:07 am
ben9x

Ok, I had a quick look before leaving, and it looks like Armel's sister, Xia, and Thomas are about to go explore the castle? You can leave dinner at any point if you want, or have armel stay to finish dinner and catch up with them later, or you could have him grab food to take with, whatever here. You're not bound to dinner or anything, people are leaving already.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:29 pm
Just felt like pointing out that there are still two more princesses (well, more than that probably, but two that are kind of big) that have yet to be added. One of them is a very well know fairy tale around the world Princess Scheherazade (Arabian) and Anastasia (Russian). Also, even though he isn't technically royal, Peter Pan could be considered a King of sorts (Matching him with either Tiger Lily or Jane would make sense)  

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:33 pm
ben9x
Just felt like pointing out that there are still two more princesses (well, more than that probably, but two that are kind of big) that have yet to be added. One of them is a very well know fairy tale around the world Princess Scheherazade (Arabian) and Anastasia (Russian). Also, even though he isn't technically royal, Peter Pan could be considered a King of sorts (Matching him with either Tiger Lily or Jane would make sense)

Ehh... I don't think I would add Peter Pan. But I'm not familiar with either of those stories. Recap them for me? And the other arabian princess, we already have aladdin and jasmine, and that one isn't a disney story - but I recognize Anastasia is  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:14 pm
Aura_Anoushka
ben9x

Ehh... I don't think I would add Peter Pan. But I'm not familiar with either of those stories. Recap them for me? And the other arabian princess, we already have aladdin and jasmine, and that one isn't a disney story - but I recognize Anastasia is

Well, having more than one Arabian story is like the multitude of French or German stories that are already a part of this.

Scheherazade:

Scheherazade is a big tale in the middle east and far east. Princess Scheherazade volunteered to marry a violent King who would marry a woman and, believing that she was unfaithful to him, kill her the following day and take a new wife. To put an end to his constant killing and remarrying, every night Scheherazade would tell her husband a tale and promise to continue it the following night. When the morning came, the king would not kill her in hopes of hearing the end of the tale, so each night Scheherazade would begin a new story with the promise of completing it the following night. In this fashion, the princess would tell the King stories every night for a thousand and one nights, also known as Arabian Nights.

It is a tale of a Persian King and Vizier's daughter (Who is now the Queen). Sadly, you are right and Disney never actually made an animated movie about Scheherazade, but there have been a few movies and even a French cartoon (I should watch that) about Scheherazade and even a well know musical composition by a famous Russian composer (I'm listening to it right now actually).

Anastasia:

Anastasia is the story of how the royal family of Russia was overthrown and all those of royal blood were (believed to have been) slaughtered. Princess Anastasia was the daughter of the Tsar and was lost while escaping the palace. When she was separated from her grandmother, she lost all of her memories and ended up growing up in a Russian orphanage while her grandmother fled to France. After several years of not knowing who her family was, Anya (the name she had been going by after losing her memory) returned to the palace where she found two con men who were looking for a young woman to play the part of Anastasia so that they could get the reward from Anastasia's grandmother for finding her long lost daughter (they didn't know it was her). One of the con men was a boy named Dimitri who had saved Anastasia and her grandmother during the siege on the palace. Anya agreed to go with them (believing that she might find someone who knew her in Paris) and set off. As they headed to France, Rasputin (the one who killed her family) attempted to stop and kill them before she could reach her grandmother. Eventually she made it to her grandmother and Dimitri convinces her that it is the real Anastasia but refuses the reward money and set off to return to Russia because he believed that he could never be with Anastasia. After finding her grandmother, Anastasia is once again attacked by Rasputin and ends up killing him and marrying Dimitri.

That one wasn't quite as easy to explain in only a few words, but I personally feel that Scheherazade is still the better story of the two.

Edit: Oh sorry, I was mistaken, Disney didn't do Anastasia either, it 20th century Fox, but these are just Fairy tales aren't they? Or just limited to Disney?  

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 pm
ben9x
Aura_Anoushka
ben9x

Well, having more than one Arabian story is like the multitude of French or German stories that are already a part of this.

Scheherazade:

Scheherazade is a big tale in the middle east and far east. Princess Scheherazade volunteered to marry a violent King who would marry a woman and, believing that she was unfaithful to him, kill her the following day and take a new wife. To put an end to his constant killing and remarrying, every night Scheherazade would tell her husband a tale and promise to continue it the following night. When the morning came, the king would not kill her in hopes of hearing the end of the tale, so each night Scheherazade would begin a new story with the promise of completing it the following night. In this fashion, the princess would tell the King stories every night for a thousand and one nights, also known as Arabian Nights.

It is a tale of a Persian King and Vizier's daughter (Who is now the Queen). Sadly, you are right and Disney never actually made an animated movie about Scheherazade, but there have been a few movies and even a French cartoon (I should watch that) about Scheherazade and even a well know musical composition by a famous Russian composer (I'm listening to it right now actually).

Anastasia:

Anastasia is the story of how the royal family of Russia was overthrown and all those of royal blood were (believed to have been) slaughtered. Princess Anastasia was the daughter of the Tsar and was lost while escaping the palace. When she was separated from her grandmother, she lost all of her memories and ended up growing up in a Russian orphanage while her grandmother fled to France. After several years of not knowing who her family was, Anya (the name she had been going by after losing her memory) returned to the palace where she found two con men who were looking for a young woman to play the part of Anastasia so that they could get the reward from Anastasia's grandmother for finding her long lost daughter (they didn't know it was her). One of the con men was a boy named Dimitri who had saved Anastasia and her grandmother during the siege on the palace. Anya agreed to go with them (believing that she might find someone who knew her in Paris) and set off. As they headed to France, Rasputin (the one who killed her family) attempted to stop and kill them before she could reach her grandmother. Eventually she made it to her grandmother and Dimitri convinces her that it is the real Anastasia but refuses the reward money and set off to return to Russia because he believed that he could never be with Anastasia. After finding her grandmother, Anastasia is once again attacked by Rasputin and ends up killing him and marrying Dimitri.

That one wasn't quite as easy to explain in only a few words, but I personally feel that Scheherazade is still the better story of the two.

Edit: Oh sorry, I was mistaken, Disney didn't do Anastasia either, it 20th century Fox, but these are just Fairy tales aren't they? Or just limited to Disney?

I guess it doesn't matter really. I'll think about it for sure smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am
I am so sorry I haven't posted in a long time.
School's starting again on Tuesday, so I've been busy getting myself ready and spending the last days of my summer greatly. I'll post up again as soon as I can. sweatdrop

Kami GearX

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Deathangelle

Dissected Princess

ben9x

Aura_Anoushka

Ultimate Holly

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

No Smoking Period

Yuiki the Bone King

Yuiki the Bone King

Obsessive Astronaut

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 pm
Yuiki Kiryu
I am so sorry I haven't posted in a long time.
School's starting again on Tuesday, so I've been busy getting myself ready and spending the last days of my summer greatly. I'll post up again as soon as I can. sweatdrop

Kami GearX

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Deathangelle

Dissected Princess

ben9x

Aura_Anoushka

Ultimate Holly

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

No Smoking Period

its fine as long as you're keeping up ok  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:15 pm
Sorry!!! My fiance got the weekend off starting on Wednesday and he wanted to go camping! It was last minute so I wasn't sure until he got home, then we left >.<

I'll be able to post tomorrow!!! Promise  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:06 pm
Oh goodie! People haven't died, that's some good news. Well I'm the last person who has any right to rush someone else, so take your time everybody.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 am
So how is everyone doing?  

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Aura_Anoushka

Ready for a time skip to the next day, even if I left it on a cliff hanger as to where Darian went for the night.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff