Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Town materials? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:23 pm
The items you find in the Towns, what are they for? I know you can sell them but what else r they for? Also what and how many of them are there?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:14 pm
Bugs r for ink, ink r for Tattoo~
u can exchange the ink at duram depot  

BagaSherry

Friendly Citizen

12,150 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:16 pm
BagaSherry
Bugs r for ink, ink r for Tattoo~
u can exchange the ink at duram depot

Wait... REALLY!!!
AAAAHHHH... if i would have known that, i would have done that a while back. Do u also know about flowers and paper? Thank you for the bug part though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:19 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
The items you find in the Towns, what are they for? I know you can sell them but what else r they for? Also what and how many of them are there?

Yeah, Gaia really doesn't make that info easy to figure out on your own.
The short answer is that paper can be made into various paper hats, bugs can be turned into ink, and flowers can be turned into bouquets. You do this by visiting various NPCs at the gold shops. Nowadays, you'd probably get more gold for just selling your trash to alchemists than by using the exchange system.

I'll link you to item lists.
Here is a full list of Towns items and what times they'll appear: [x]
What the trash can be exchanged into: [x] (I'd just like to add that bugs get turned into ink at Durem Depot. That ink can be used to color the flower bouquets or to create tattoos at Skin Tyte [x].)
And this post gives a bit of info on the alchemy side of it all: [x].

As far as I know, that information should be the same whether you're collecting in Towns or in Towns 2.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:29 pm
I never knew of any of that... I just thought they were for alchemy, which i never bother with, so i've always sold it. Now I know what they r used for and now my mini shop can also be used for me. Thank you for what you have taught me. Now i need to really change a lot of what I do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm
Bubblehead0987654321

In addition to the above mentioned, you can also sell them to people looking for those items to use in Alchemy; you'll find some people looking to buy them in these forums. These people will often buy them for more than you can sell the game items for after having made them into other items through gaia shops.  

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
I never knew of any of that... I just thought they were for alchemy, which i never bother with, so i've always sold it. Now I know what they r used for and now my mini shop can also be used for me. Thank you for what you have taught me. Now i need to really change a lot of what I do.
No problem!

And, I wouldn't really change what you were doing. > <; I think selling the trash is the best thing to do right now. (Especially where Shujitsun linked you to.) That's why you don't hear much about the old exchange system.
For example, a Goldenrod Paper Cat Band costs an average of 4000g.
You'd need 100 crumpled goldenrod papers to make that band. Each Crumpled Zerox Paper Goldenrod sells for about 1000g each. ...It's not worth losing the potential of about 100k to make that paper cat band. x .x

But, yeah, it's totally your choice. I once quested 5000 tin cans for my Tin Hat. <3 Granted, that was when they were more popular since we had less hats to choose from. XD; It feels great to finish a quest like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:32 am
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321
No problem!

And, I wouldn't really change what you were doing. > <; I think selling the trash is the best thing to do right now. (Especially where Shujitsun linked you to.) That's why you don't hear much about the old exchange system.
For example, a Goldenrod Paper Cat Band costs an average of 4000g.
You'd need 100 crumpled goldenrod papers to make that band. Each Crumpled Zerox Paper Goldenrod sells for about 1000g each. ...It's not worth losing the potential of about 100k to make that paper cat band. x .x

But, yeah, it's totally your choice. I once quested 5000 tin cans for my Tin Hat. <3 Granted, that was when they were more popular since we had less hats to choose from. XD; It feels great to finish a quest like that.

hhhmmm... Idk what i'm going to do. Theres a good amount, but stuff like the hat will take a while so idk about that, but ink is what i was planning on making the most because i saw that went for high price in MP but i need like 50 bugs of each color. Who knows what i will do, i don't even know. Learning all of this is just> burning_eyes  

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items