Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Game Interest checks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:33 pm
I have four ideas for a games, and feel like I should run at least one.

First idea: (4e) Shipwrecked; The players are hired hands on a merchant vessel bound to the the City-state of Solstice. When the crew mutiny against the Captain and Owner, and find themselves on a collision course with a mighty hurricane. Losing their mast and sustaining grave damage to the ship, the crew has no choice, but to anchor off an island, till repairs can be made to the ship...

Second idea: (3.5 or Pathfinder) The Friends of the Lost; The players are returning heroes, who just ended a war between two orc tribes and saved a town that was caught in the crossfire. But, no rest for the wicked, they say. As they enter the grand gates of the grand metropolis Volstan, the heroes learn that a dear friend has gone missing, And they are the last to see him/her. They are now suspects as more and more people are vanishing upon their return. Can they find the truth, before the law catches them?

Third idea: (3.5) Superbeast; Nothing hooking with this one... just the players face are against increasingly stronger and stronger enemies,alone ,until they drop. More for those who just want to rollplay than roleplay.

Okay, I lied, no only 3 options.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 pm
SUPERBEAST!!!  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:30 pm
Dion Necurat
SUPERBEAST!!!

I agree as long as we start high level.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 pm
I like the shipwreck idea, has a lot of potential for interesting story.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:42 pm
I can run two games, at the moment, Superbeast will be the easiest. By contrast, Shipwrecked and The Friends of the Lost; will be slightly more lengthy, due to more players and such.

In the Superbeast game, you choose your level(1-20). At higher levels=more/harder hitting monsters. Level 20 will be max level, no epics. I don't like epic level rules. Their will be a few table, and different, rules in play for this one.

Give me a moment and I will write up the character creation rules for Superbeast. If I can get at-least three people interested in Shipwrecked, I will post character creation for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:06 pm
Still interested? Sorry for misspells and grammer mistakes, can't proof read now.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: 3.5 Wizard of the Coast Material. Just list where it is from
Banned Resources: Everything else will be banned

ECL: Your call 1-20 Lower levels = faster leveling up, Higher levels = harder enemies, and there is no level 21. Level Adjustments can be bought, As rules posted here
Gold: Based on your level
Races: Any
Ability Scores*: 4d6 Drop the lowest, rolled 7 times. If you don't like your rolls, you can swap all rolls for a 26 point buy
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: Open
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: Open

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]Constitution-Based Threshold

A character’s massive damage threshold is equal to his Constitution score. Whenever he takes damage from a single hit that equals or exceeds his current Constitution score, he must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or suffer the effects of massive damage.

If an attack deals hit point damage and also changes the character’s Constitution score (such as a strike with a poisoned weapon), apply all effects of the hit before determining whether the damage is enough to trigger the saving throw. For instance, a character with a 14 Constitution is hit by a greatsword coated with black adder venom. The attack deals 12 points of damage, but the character also fails his Fortitude save against the poison and takes 3 points of Constitution damage. This lowers his Constitution—and hence his massive damage threshold—to 11. Since the damage exceeds the threshold, the character must now make a Fortitude save to avoid the effect of massive damage.
This works for the player, and against the player...

2.A]After joining the game, the character will receive no rest periods. For this the player needs not to worry on things like sleep, food, or gold. As a player crosses the limit for a new level, they instantly gain the healing and boost to HP, and all the perks of leveling up. Except for new items and gold... This is also the time Clerics, Wizards and other spellcasters who prepare spells can change their spell lists.

2.B] For spell-casters and Psionic classes; we will be using General Recharge spell rules, using the longest possible time, Found here. With Psionic classes power level dependant on the cost of power points used, and gain the power points and that power level back after the time has past.

1st 1
2nd 3
3rd 5
4th 7
5th 9
6th 11
7th 13
8th 15
9th 17

2.C] The player will be able to loot 3-5 items from fallen foes(full-round action, Attack of Opportunity). These items will be chosen at random based on the monster. OR the player can spend the gold buy price of an item in EXP, to get a single specific item, or a group of similar items(like a group of 10 arrows for 1 exp or a Ring of Evasion for 25,000 exp).

4] At any time the character can set his EXP back to 0 to pause combat to rebuild his character, losing one level. But, he will keep his HP(or newer one, whichever one is lower), race and items; all else can be changed. For example, a 5 level fighter can choose to "pause" combat to reappear as a 4th level Cleric. But doing so, means the character must make it to 10000(the amount for level 5) from 0 exp. If this option is used, the character will not be allowed to unpause combat, until the DM has approved the new build.It is an option to save your character if your getting your butt handed to you.

5] The player and DM's, will determine the speed of the games. I don't mind if it is 10 posts per day(as both, player and DM, are on) or 2 posts per week.

Additional Rules will be addressed as needed

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:35 pm
Hrm. I personally have been hoping for a pirate like thing, so Shipwrecked caught my eye until I read it ; w ;  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:24 pm
I love it.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 pm
Amarylli, why a pirate game? I don't mind dming one, if people would be interested. But, from my experience, pirate games on play by post normally run extremely slow and interest is lost quickly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Amarylli, why a pirate game? I don't mind dming one, if people would be interested. But, from my experience, pirate games on play by post normally run extremely slow and interest is lost quickly.

I've done plenty of Good Vs Evil, or people adventuring over land randomly kind of games, but I've never done anything on the water. The most I've ever had was in one scene, basically a cut scene because nothing happened but talking, where we crossed a lake in a boat ; w ;  

Winter Wondork

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm
Amarylli
Southern Cross Nemesis

I've done plenty of Good Vs Evil, or people adventuring over land randomly kind of games, but I've never done anything on the water. The most I've ever had was in one scene, basically a cut scene because nothing happened but talking, where we crossed a lake in a boat ; w ;

I guess, I could do one based on a book I am reading. Give me a day or two to think of something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:40 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Amarylli
Southern Cross Nemesis

I guess, I could do one based on a book I am reading. Give me a day or two to think of something.

Oh I'm just spit balling .w. Probably not enough people interested in it  

Winter Wondork

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm
Amarylli
Southern Cross Nemesis
Amarylli
Southern Cross Nemesis

Oh I'm just spit balling .w. Probably not enough people interested in it
Only one way to find out, And I was meaning to see if people on another guild of mine would like to join this one. So it could boost our low active list.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm
Thought of another game idea, but I don't think many would jump on it.

Pathfinder Gestalt E6, would be the reason. It would take place on a ship, mostly. I will post a backstory tomorrow, as today I am out of time.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:11 pm
i'm down for the first idea smile  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items