Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
when a guild is too intimidating to join (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snow Halation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 pm
This is not really a question but I wasn't really sure on where to put this?

Have you ever notice that most of the rp guilds (from what I seen, so don't quote me on this) are a bit intimidating for the new rping public. with their many different rules and breaking it all up into different section. For me and several other users who have never really been in a guild system, those guilds are a bit of a scary place for new users.

So the question I suppose is. when is a guild wrong for a certain user.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 pm
Snow Halation

Have you ever notice that most of the rp guilds (from what I seen, so don't quote me on this) are a bit intimidating for the new rping public. with their many different rules and breaking it all up into different section. For me and several other users who have never really been in a guild system, those guilds are a bit of a scary place for new users.

Seeing as there are tons of guilds, there are bound to be a lot of "wrong" guilds. It just depends on what you want. c:

I haven't RP'd in years so I can't say much about RP guilds.

• Is the guild format just too intimidating? You can check out thread-based RPs in Barton Town Forum. (I'm sure you've seen this, but the NSTG also has an RP subforum. ^^)
  • You could check out the Gaia Guilds Forum. There are a few RP guilds actively looking for new members. Maybe you might find an interesting guild there? (When guilds are actively inviting, they're prepared for an influx of new members. They'll be ready to welcome people and teach them about the guild. You won't have to feel like the one person invading in on well-established RPs since there will be other new members too. In my experience, I've found it much easier to join guilds and become one of the gang during a period of recruitment.)
  • If you really want to RP in a guild, but can't find one that you like-- create your own! o: Set it up in the format that you want. It's a big responsibility to manage a guild (and can be time consuming) so I'd do this option as a last resort. The link to creating your own guild can be found on the Guilds page.

... If you really liked one of the guilds that intimidated you, maybe request to join anyway. Heck, the worst they can do is say no. (: And you'd be right back where you are right now. They should have an OOC chat area where you'd be able to ask for help on where to post. If they're rude about it, then it's not the right place for you. Just politely excuse yourself. ^^ Heck, when you quit a guild, no guild members are notified. So you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. There's no need to hang out with rude people when there are so many other places to go on Gaia.
Of course, I'm not saying that an intimidating format means the people there will be mean. > < That's just in case the guild is intimidating because the people aren't very welcoming to their new members.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 pm
sdrawkcab
Snow Halation

Seeing as there are tons of guilds, there are bound to be a lot of "wrong" guilds. It just depends on what you want. c:

I haven't RP'd in years so I can't say much about RP guilds.

• Is the guild format just too intimidating? You can check out thread-based RPs in Barton Town Forum. (I'm sure you've seen this, but the NSTG also has an RP subforum. ^^)
  • You could check out the Gaia Guilds Forum. There are a few RP guilds actively looking for new members. Maybe you might find an interesting guild there? (When guilds are actively inviting, they're prepared for an influx of new members. They'll be ready to welcome people and teach them about the guild. You won't have to feel like the one person invading in on well-established RPs since there will be other new members too. In my experience, I've found it much easier to join guilds and become one of the gang during a period of recruitment.)
  • If you really want to RP in a guild, but can't find one that you like-- create your own! o: Set it up in the format that you want. It's a big responsibility to manage a guild (and can be time consuming) so I'd do this option as a last resort. The link to creating your own guild can be found on the Guilds page.

... If you really liked one of the guilds that intimidated you, maybe request to join anyway. Heck, the worst they can do is say no. (: And you'd be right back where you are right now. They should have an OOC chat area where you'd be able to ask for help on where to post. If they're rude about it, then it's not the right place for you. Just politely excuse yourself. ^^ Heck, when you quit a guild, no guild members are notified. So you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. There's no need to hang out with rude people when there are so many other places to go on Gaia.
Of course, I'm not saying that an intimidating format means the people there will be mean. > < That's just in case the guild is intimidating because the people aren't very welcoming to their new members.

From what my friends say, she said that RP Guilds then to 1- not have a lot of activity and 2- ignore the newbies who post there. Like you can roleplay a character and everyone just interact with everyone else BUT you.... (that's her experience anyhow.) I personally never tried it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:10 pm
Snow Halation

I agree with the other person, go to the barton town forum thing. There's lots of rps, with less rules or more rules. Also some you don't even need a profile, just walk in and roleplay. I reccomend the school ones if you don't like formatting and your paragraph tend to be on the shorter end.  

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items