Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Gaia Time? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:31 pm
What is gaia time? I never understood since I've started, about to be a year, and I've always wondered. Reason I'm asking is because I always miss my fish glowing because my time is definitely different then their time. Do you know what time zone they are in or anything like that?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:16 am
Bubblehead0987654321
What is gaia time? I never understood since I've started, about to be a year, and I've always wondered. Reason I'm asking is because I always miss my fish glowing because my time is definitely different then their time. Do you know what time zone they are in or anything like that?

The Gaia headquarters is based in Pacific Standard Time (PST). (They used to run most of the Cash Shop sales in PST, but have switched to reporting a lot of their sales in EST now. I understand why it can be confusing to figure out which time zone they're in.)
The Gaia Website runs on "Gaia Standard Time (GST)" regarding daytime and nighttime cycles in Towns and such. This page explains GST: [GST Info]

I skimmed a few aquarium threads and the users all say to make sure that you have the time set to your own time zone (not Gaia's) if you want the glow notifications to work correctly. You can adjust your timezone in the Account Settings page.

Also, remember that you cannot see your own tank glow. You'll need to bump your thread to notify other users that your tank should be glowing soon (or now). And you'll have to rely on the feedback from others as to whether it is glowing or not. (I'm pretty sure you know this. I just want to try to give a thorough response. :) )

Other than that, I don't know much about Booty Grab glow times. This thread seemed informative.
Other threads recommended using tank analyzers to help track the glow times. Here's a guide.
If someone more knowledgeable doesn't amble in here, maybe try making a thread in the Aquarium Discussion Forum.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:25 am
Actaully I knew none of that. sweatdrop It's a good thing u said something or I would have been even more confused trying to figure it out. THANK YOU!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:19 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
Actaully I knew none of that. sweatdrop It's a good thing u said something or I would have been even more confused trying to figure it out. THANK YOU!

No problem! :)

In that case, I'll link another thread here that explains how to set up the glow threads. It's what is going to get you the most exposure to people while your tank is glowing. (You'll still have to be online and bump your thread during the time when it's likely to glow. However, other users should see your thread and will let you know if you're glowing and how much gold was made.)

Guide to making glow threads

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:48 pm
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321

In that case, I'll link another thread here that explains how to set up the glow threads. It's what is going to get you the most exposure to people while your tank is glowing. (You'll still have to be online and bump your thread during the time when it's likely to glow. However, other users should see your thread and will let you know if you're glowing and how much gold was made.)

So i have to make a bump thread?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:07 pm
Bubblehead0987654321
sdrawkcab
Bubblehead0987654321

So i have to make a bump thread?

You don't have to make one.

How the game works is that users can play a game of Booty Grab (BG) from your tank when it's glowing. I haven't played BG in a while, but I'm pretty sure that Gaia allows a max of 32 users to play during each glow.
They earn gold for playing.
You earn gold equal to about 1/4 of whatever they earned.

If one person played and won 1000g, you get 250g.
So you want 32 people playing in order to maximize your profits.
You also want to buy the best type of fish that give out the most gold.

.... But that's getting into serious BG territory. Tanks full of good fish are a serious investment and you have to be very diligent about making sure your tank gets exposure or you'll earn less gold than you spent on the fish. It seems like an easy way to make gold, but it's very time consuming from what I hear.

So, long story short, I've just given too much information. xD Sorry. > <

When you know your tank is about to glow, just be sure to post around the forums during that time. People will be able to see your glowing tank that way. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm
OH, ok. You actually made it more simple then what they had. I was think ing I HAD to make a thread. Thank you for your time!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:31 pm
No problem. :)  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash