Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
A question about donations (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheFantasticMrFaux

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:16 pm
How do I donate, is it to the guild or is it to a specific individual? Also, if it is to the guild will the donation be anonymous?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 am
TheFantasticMrFaux
How do I donate, is it to the guild or is it to a specific individual? Also, if it is to the guild will the donation be anonymous?

That's very nice of you. :3

To donate to the guild, you can start a trade with the user named NSTG Treasurer. The NSTG prefers that donations be sent to that account. You can find all the info on it by clicking this link: [Donation Info]. They use the money on that account to fund the guild events, giveaways and such.

Trades are not anonymous since you can see who you're trading with.The NSTG Treasurer account keeps a running list of everyone who has donated something to the guild. The NSTG Treasurer will know who you are, but you can ask them to mark your donation down as anonymous.

However, if you'd prefer that your donation be anonymous even to the NSTG Treasurer, send an item anonymously through the gift method. (If you don't know how to send gifts, I can explain that too.) I don't think they will mind.

In general, most guilds prefer that donations be sent to a specific user rather than the guild account. The crew cannot directly withdraw any gold that is donated to the guild account. That gold can only be used towards things like sending guild announcements and creating subforums.
Donations to the guild account are not anonymous. Every guild has a memberlist. The memberlist shows how much each person has donated to the guild account. (This does not include donations made to the NSTG Treasurer -- the preferred method.)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

TheFantasticMrFaux

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:04 am
sdrawkcab
TheFantasticMrFaux

To donate to the guild, you can start a trade with the user named NSTG Treasurer. The NSTG prefers that donations be sent to that account. You can find all the info on it by clicking this link: [Donation Info]. They use the money on that account to fund the guild events, giveaways and such.

Trades are not anonymous since you can see who you're trading with.The NSTG Treasurer account keeps a running list of everyone who has donated something to the guild. The NSTG Treasurer will know who you are, but you can ask them to mark your donation down as anonymous.

However, if you'd prefer that your donation be anonymous even to the NSTG Treasurer, send an item anonymously through the gift method. (If you don't know how to send gifts, I can explain that too.) I don't think they will mind.

In general, most guilds prefer that donations be sent to a specific user rather than the guild account. The crew cannot directly withdraw any gold that is donated to the guild account. That gold can only be used towards things like sending guild announcements and creating subforums.
Donations to the guild account are not anonymous. Every guild has a memberlist. The memberlist shows how much each person has donated to the guild account. (This does not include donations made to the NSTG Treasurer -- the preferred method.)

That's super helpful, thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:09 am
TheFantasticMrFaux
sdrawkcab
TheFantasticMrFaux

That's super helpful, thank you!
c: I'm glad it helped. No problem!  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash