Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Piratemisfit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:20 am
Whenever I browse ,post ,my daily chance , or sell stuff on the market , I dont get the gold for it in my account ...?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:20 pm
pirateparty101
Whenever I browse ,post ,my daily chance , or sell stuff on the market , I dont get the gold for it in my account ...?

So you're saying that you could spend an hour on Gaia, make 5 posts, sell a couple items, click the Daily Chance and supposedly be rewarded gold... and yet your gold count remains exactly the same as before you did all that stuff?
You are looking at your Gaia Gold amount, the one right next to the gold G symbol, right? Not your Gaia Cash amount?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Have you tried clearing your cache?
Have you tried using a different browser (like Firefox or instead of Chrome/Internet Explorer)?

If so, you should report this to the Bug Report and Technical Support Forum. It's an issue that you'd need Gaia staff to look into. Be as descriptive as possible. You can find posting guidelines here.
Other users who've also had or seen this issue before might be able to point you in the right direction.
(I looked into filing a ticket for this issue, but I'm not sure there's a good ticket for it. Plus, that would likely take at least a month for them to work through it.)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Piratemisfit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:50 pm
sdrawkcab
pirateparty101

So you're saying that you could spend an hour on Gaia, make 5 posts, sell a couple items, click the Daily Chance and supposedly be rewarded gold... and yet your gold count remains exactly the same as before you did all that stuff?
You are looking at your Gaia Gold amount, the one right next to the gold G symbol, right? Not your Gaia Cash amount?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Have you tried clearing your cache?
Have you tried using a different browser (like Firefox or instead of Chrome/Internet Explorer)?

If so, you should report this to the Bug Report and Technical Support Forum. It's an issue that you'd need Gaia staff to look into. Be as descriptive as possible. You can find posting guidelines here.
Other users who've also had or seen this issue before might be able to point you in the right direction.
(I looked into filing a ticket for this issue, but I'm not sure there's a good ticket for it. Plus, that would likely take at least a month for them to work through it.)

Thank you so much smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:19 pm
i missed the whole advent of lake kindred

i mean i earned a pegacorn fluff at an easter event but like

what is lake kindred i was afk for a year eating pizza  

BethanySundfor

Feral Fashionista

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:04 am
BethanySundfor

Lake kindred is the "new" game on Gaia.
Imagine it being kind of like pokémon, where you can collect kins to fight against each other, either to ear gold, items or potions. Some level the kins to sell them for a higher price on the MP, others collect the various kins (also those that cost real money) as a pride symbol. Kind of like those who try to get all the achivements :3
In my personal opinion I don´t find the game to be super fun. I play it a lot, yes, but only to try to earn some gold and/or items I can sell or keep.
You can´t (as far as I know) not duel other Gaians in lake kindred, only fight against other kins in the various tiers they have for each map.

What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"
I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:47 pm
I'm trying to get into alchemy, and I'm not sure where to start. I already clicked the tab for it, so I am apparently level 1, and I have the first formula.. but from there, what do I do? Advice?

I have tons of philosopher's caches, so I should have at least some material.. at least, that's what I think it all is.  

haybelle

Tipsy Raider

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

Indigo Sky Rivers

Distinct Genius

3,175 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:59 am
What is the difference between gold and gaia cash? I don't have any cash. Do I need it? Or am I good with just gold? How do I get cash besides paying for it? What is the difference between Towns and Towns 2? Why can't I get my house placed?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:54 pm
Indigo Sky Rivers
What is the difference between gold and gaia cash? I don't have any cash. Do I need it? Or am I good with just gold? How do I get cash besides paying for it? What is the difference between Towns and Towns 2? Why can't I get my house placed?

Gold is the main currency of Gaia, it can be gained in many many many ways, easiest of which is to sell your items in the Marketplace or go to the Charity Forum(s) and play games/ask for it.
Gaia Cash is REAL LIFE CURRENCY that can be bought and spent in the Marketplace or Gash Shops, specifically La Victoire under the "Shops" tab.
You do not NEED cash. You can buy if it you wish to but otherwise I know many many many people that are very well off on Gaia that have never spent any RLC on Gaia Cash.
You can get Cash by completing Offers under the "GCash" tab where it says "Earn Gaia Cash" and you can also watch videos by clicking the little dancing tree under your gold and Gaia Cash.

I dont honestly know what the difference is between Towns/Towns 2 and I dont do anything with housing so I dont know, but I answered the part I knew <3  

Tulja

Colorful Vampire

21,475 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:42 pm
    So I'm not an expert on Alchemy at all, but this might be a great place to start!

haybelle
    I'm trying to get into alchemy, and I'm not sure where to start. I already clicked the tab for it, so I am apparently level 1, and I have the first formula.. but from there, what do I do? Advice?

I have tons of philosopher's caches, so I should have at least some material.. at least, that's what I think it all is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:48 pm
    I can try to tackle the Towns 2 questions!

So, Towns is the original Gaia Towns, which is at least a decade old (I think), whereas Towns 2 is the updated and renovated version that came out just a few years ago. The main differences, from experience, is the Smartphone feature as well as the more decorative and modern communal spaces.

As for getting your house placed, check out this Gaia Towns FAQ.

Indigo Sky Rivers

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Egrystal

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:01 am
How easy/hard is it to get lots of wing stickers fast? o.o  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 am
Egrystal

Ummm.... difficult.
Wing stickers are only available during events. Sometimes, they're not even available. And you always can only get one per day.
They're also soulbound to accounts. That means that we can't trade or sell them. So literally the only way to obtain them is by clicking them once per day during an event ... and then waiting for the next event in order to collect more. > <

After this, Gaia miiiight have a St. Patrick's Day event. So that will probably be the next time to keep your eyes peeled for stickers (once this Valentine's Day event is over).

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Egrystal

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:10 am
sdrawkcab
Egrystal

Ummm.... difficult.
Wing stickers are only available during events. Sometimes, they're not even available. And you always can only get one per day.
They're also soulbound to accounts. That means that we can't trade or sell them. So literally the only way to obtain them is by clicking them once per day during an event ... and then waiting for the next event in order to collect more. > <

After this, Gaia miiiight have a St. Patrick's Day event. So that will probably be the next time to keep your eyes peeled for stickers (once this Valentine's Day event is over).

gonk Between waiting for Loyal's Bazaar for 26 or 25 days, waiting for random wing stickers and finally getting trading pass that isn't what I wanted to hear :c

Thanks for answering ^^
I've got stuff I want to ransack from Loyal's and the Treehouse lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:41 am
Egrystal
sdrawkcab
Egrystal

Ummm.... difficult.

gonk Between waiting for Loyal's Bazaar for 26 or 25 days, waiting for random wing stickers and finally getting trading pass that isn't what I wanted to hear :c

Thanks for answering ^^

XD Oh man, that sucks. I've forgotten about that wait. > <
To help pass the time, I recommend doing some of these things. You know, since you'll be logging in most days anyway. c:

I can grab some of the Loyal's stuff for you. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Egrystal

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:49 am
sdrawkcab
Egrystal
sdrawkcab
Egrystal

Ummm.... difficult.

Thanks for answering ^^

XD Oh man, that sucks. I've forgotten about that wait. > <
To help pass the time, I recommend doing some of these things. You know, since you'll be logging in most days anyway. c:

I can grab some of the Loyal's stuff for you. ^^

Ah I'm doing some of that stuff!
I'm also learning a bit from that thread as I read it ^.^
Mostly about posting tips. : o
Well, do you want me to PM you a list and such? If you do help that is wonderful of you smile  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff