Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gengarly

Ruthless Pup

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:50 pm
Hi I'm completely lost around here and I think my main question is: How do I quest for something? Moe specifically, what consists of a questing thread?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:10 am
gengarly
Hi I'm completely lost around here and I think my main question is: How do I quest for something? Moe specifically, what consists of a questing thread?

Q: How do i quest for something?
A: It all depends on what item you want to buy that is currently way above your budget to buy. If you're questing for a certain item, you can post into charity threads and the like.

The main goal of "Questing" is for other kind-hearted gaians to help you achieve your quest item by means of: (1) Donating X amount of gold or (2) gifting you your quest item.

Q:What consists of a questing thread?
A: A questing thread is your own thread where you state your quest (maybe composed of an item or a full avi set). A thread whose purpose is to let other players know your quest and hopefully, you'll attract donators. Most questing threads have their own style. Some do have contests while others do a joint quest thread.

Now, having a quest thread requires you to be active on it. active threads attract more people most of the time which in turn may attract a donator or two. It is also a good place to learn about the game as you can chat with people posting on your thread (you'll get notification/s whenever somebody posts or quote you on your own thread)

arrow i hope this answers your questions smile if you have follow-up questions, don't hesitate to quote me or send me a private message.

Have a good day~!  

siophaooo

Mythical Giver

gengarly

Ruthless Pup

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:41 am
Gaju-nim
gengarly

Q: How do i quest for something?
A: It all depends on what item you want to buy that is currently way above your budget to buy. If you're questing for a certain item, you can post into charity threads and the like.

The main goal of "Questing" is for other kind-hearted gaians to help you achieve your quest item by means of: (1) Donating X amount of gold or (2) gifting you your quest item.

Q:What consists of a questing thread?
A: A questing thread is your own thread where you state your quest (maybe composed of an item or a full avi set). A thread whose purpose is to let other players know your quest and hopefully, you'll attract donators. Most questing threads have their own style. Some do have contests while others do a joint quest thread.

Now, having a quest thread requires you to be active on it. active threads attract more people most of the time which in turn may attract a donator or two. It is also a good place to learn about the game as you can chat with people posting on your thread (you'll get notification/s whenever somebody posts or quote you on your own thread)

arrow i hope this answers your questions smile if you have follow-up questions, don't hesitate to quote me or send me a private message.

Have a good day~!

Thanks so much! I think I've got the hang of it... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:57 am
gengarly

Thanks so much! I think I've got the hang of it... 3nodding

Glad to be of help smile enjoy your stay~!  

siophaooo

Mythical Giver

xBadAlice

Dangerous Fatcat

4,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm
Hey guys! So I'm browsing this site, and I see this pass for CONspicious event? Can someone explain it to me? How exactly does it work? I want to buy a pass, but not if I just end up wasting money (/>-<)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:16 pm
xBadAlice
Hey guys! So I'm browsing this site, and I see this pass for CONspicious event? Can someone explain it to me? How exactly does it work? I want to buy a pass, but not if I just end up wasting money (/>-<)

I can see how it's confusing because Gaia advertised the item as if it were a real convention or event.

In fact, it's just a run-of-the-mill chance item. c:
Each one you open will give you one item.
You can find a list of the items here: CONspicuous Discussion Item Lists. I believe it's possible to also get older items too, but I'm not sure.

Edit; I have bad luck with Chance Items. I usually don't get a rare item when I open them. > < So I usually lose tons of gold (or potential gold).

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

xBadAlice

Dangerous Fatcat

4,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:23 pm
sdrawkcab
xBadAlice

I can see how it's confusing because Gaia advertised the item as if it were a real convention or event.

You can find a list of the items here: CONspicuous Discussion Item Lists. I believe it's possible to also get older items too, but I'm not sure.

Edit; I have bad luck with Chance Items. I usually don't get a rare item when I open them. > < So I usually lose tons of gold (or potential gold).

Oh! That makes more sense! Alrightie, thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:54 pm
xBadAlice
sdrawkcab
xBadAlice

Oh! That makes more sense! Alrightie, thank you!

Happy to help. ^^  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

BloodyCreaturePosterGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:31 pm
Okay, I think I have the economy and earning gold and posting and all of that fun jazz down...
But my main question is,
Other than the daily reward, and spending a bunch of money in advertisements to earn a small payout, are there other (free) ways to earn "Gaia Cash"?
That is the only thing I am struggling to grasp. When I used Gaia in 2005, donations were appreciated, but spending real money was never a necessity to advance quickly....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:42 am
VictoriousSecret62114
Okay, I think I have the economy and earning gold and posting and all of that fun jazz down...
But my main question is,
Other than the daily reward, and spending a bunch of money in advertisements to earn a small payout, are there other (free) ways to earn "Gaia Cash"?
That is the only thing I am struggling to grasp. When I used Gaia in 2005, donations were appreciated, but spending real money was never a necessity to advance quickly....

Hmmm...
There's the Daily Treat -- The red TV that appears each day alongside the Daily Chance (red or yellow) Carts. It appears once on each landing page.
There's the Gaia Cash Tree -- The red and brown tree that dances in the header. You have two options there. It's gone through a few incarnations, but the current ones are:
      One -- At the top of the screen, click "watch videos." You'll get what's usually a 30s video to watch for about 1c - 5c each. This cash does add up. Watch a few videos. As many as you can stand. XD (As in, leave the tab open and click "watch video" whenever you remember to.)
      Two -- The other offers. Sorry, I'm blanking on what they're usually called. I think this must be what you're referring to as spending money in ads, right? If you scroll through them, there are free ones. Avoid the ones that require credit card info and all that jazz. I have found some that grant 199c or so for downloading an app. For free. No strings attached. I deleted the apps afterward. So... this is a viable option... if you dig through the offers. u .u;;

I agree with you there. The site still didn't have much in 2005 and you could relatively save up for what you wanted (unless it was an 03 DI/MC, ha). Over the years, donating money did become necessary to advance quickly. I'd say that happened before we got the Cash Shop... but I'd say it was definitely required since at least 2010. Maybe. Rough number there. (Er, well, there have always been the exceptions of being a great artist or playing the market / vending.)
Late 2013 was when the current era of Gaia started. Gaia had been failing, not making profits. Gaia got a new CEO and BAM! we started getting tons of announcements inundating us with tons of items to buy, buy, buy! Yes, I do find it annoying, but... I'd rather click through a bit of announcement spam and still have Gaia... than not have Gaia. > <;;; Of course, I'm pretty chill about this but there are many who are actively voicing opinions. ^^

And I've gotta run, but there is a recent item that allows you to convert gold to cash. Sorta. I think it's an item that they release for a limited time and then remove it. And you spend a lot of gold for just a little bit of cash. It's not worth it. I can't think of the name. I'll edit into this later. Ciao!
Edit: Silver Kicopot gold to gc gen Aha. Here's what I was talking about. Apparently it was the 3rd item like this released. Didn't know that. I just remember reading some posts that said it wasn't worth it anyway...

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Armour of Light

Conservative Raider

9,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:29 am
Hey guys!

I was wondering will we be having a summer event gathering? You know like we always had in the past in like Towns, or guild chatroom?

Thanks for reading!

Armour of Light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 pm
Armour of Light
Hey guys!

I was wondering will we be having a summer event gathering? You know like we always had in the past in like Towns, or guild chatroom?

Thanks for reading!

Armour of Light

Yep! The NSTG will have a large summer event in mid- to late-August. It should include a Towns gathering. :)

source: NSTG Announcement

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:06 pm
(MyungKrystal asked questions in some necro'd threads so I thought this would be a good place to expand on the questions.)

Hi, MyungKrystal! Hopefully this helps. Please reply here and let me know if you have any more questions!

[x]
MyungKrystal
how can i get donations? what is quest thread?

A quest thread is a good way to get donations. ^ ___^
It's a thread that you make to let others know that you are saving up for an item (or items) and would love some donations towards your goal.

Quest threads are usually made in the Gaia forum: Charity/Quests

However, you can also make your quest thread in this NSTG Guild: Item Quests
    Check out this post for what to include in your quest thread. Follow their instructions, and this guild will donate to your quest.

For more on how to make a quest thread, check out this guide: Guide: Making a Quest Thread

When you're done, be sure to put the link to your quest thread in your signature! You should post (bump) your quest thread to the top of forums. However, if you post in other forums/threads, users might see your signature and visit your quest thread.

As to some other ways to get gold or donations:

[x]
MyungKrystal
donations please?

Generally, it's best to just bump your quest thread. Gaians don't usually like to donate to people who beg in random threads. You did say please, but it was still begging. This is just a heads up. ^ ___^ Make a nice quest thread and bump it! You'll bring in donations that way, especially if you're showing effort that you're also trying to earn gold on your own.

[x]
MyungKrystal
how can i gain many friends?

Just talk to people. c:
Talk to users within this NSTG guild. They're usually pretty friendly.

Gaia also has a forum dedicated to making friends: Friends Chat
There, you'll find other users who are also looking for friends so that might make things easier.

I believe that a lot of users like to hang out in Rally, Towns and such. They hang out and chat. You'll likely get a random friend request or two from users there.

On that note, some Gaians like random friend requests and some don't. Usually, Gaians like to have a conversation with someone first before accepting a friend invite. Read Gaians' profiles. They usually say whether they like random friend requests or not. Respecting what people put in their profiles is usually a good way to make friends with them. c: (Grouchy people excluded, ha.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:56 am
I hate my name on here crying how do I change it? Alao I haven't been on in FOREVER, so how does tis site work now??  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:24 pm
Zoralin999

You can change your username here. It's free the first two times, and costs 10,000g per extra time after that. (So the 3rd time costs 10,000g, 4th 20,000g, etc...)

I'm not really super familiar with all the new features, as I haven't really been active outside of this guild myself, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with that. c:  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff