Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 pm
How does a Mythrill Coin work? When it came out, I never really paid attention to it, but someone just gifted me a couple.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:01 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s
How does a Mythrill Coin work? When it came out, I never really paid attention to it, but someone just gifted me a couple.

That's pretty awesome. ^ ___^ Mythrill coins are just a way to store gold. ...And a way to gift gold to others. ;3

To store gold, you just buy a Mythrill Coin from Barton Boutique. The coins come in values of 100 mil, 250 mil, 500 mil and 1 bil. The coin amount that is bought is the amount of gold you'll get back out of it once you open it. No gold is lost.

To get the gold, just go to the special tab in your inventory and click on the coin. You'll get the option to open it. You can also let the coins sit in your inventory as long as you'd like.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:25 pm
sdrawkcab
That's pretty awesome. ^ ___^ Mythrill coins are just a way to store gold. ...And a way to gift gold to others. ;3

To store gold, you just buy a Mythrill Coin from Barton Boutique. The coins come in values of 100 mil, 250 mil, 500 mil and 1 bil. The coin amount that is bought is the amount of gold you'll get back out of it once you open it. No gold is lost.

To get the gold, just go to the special tab in your inventory and click on the coin. You'll get the option to open it. You can also let the coins sit in your inventory as long as you'd like.

Alright thank you so much!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:22 pm
I'm just new here and I heard about the game called ZOMG (coz my friend referred me GAIA and talk about that game). But whenever I click the play button, the system says they're having a maintenance and it's almost a week and it seems like forever. What is happening to this game? Could somebody explain me? I just want to play ZOMG... crying  

Raftshivah

Divine Demigod

10,475 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:56 pm
Raftshivah-PH
I'm just new here and I heard about the game called ZOMG (coz my friend referred me GAIA and talk about that game). But whenever I click the play button, the system says they're having a maintenance and it's almost a week and it seems like forever. What is happening to this game? Could somebody explain me? I just want to play ZOMG... crying

Hmmm... you see the link to the game? Where? All links should be gone as far as I know.

I'm sorry to inform you (and your friend) that zOMG has been permanently removed. Here's the announcements:

zOMG Maintenance has begun - zOMG had already been in a state called "maintenance mode" for years. What this meant was that they would leave the game up and running, but would make no updates to it. On September 30th, they temporarily shut down the game to repair a critical error.

Maintenance update - On November 6th, they announced that, for safety reasons, zOMG had to be shut down.

This led to an outpour of rage from the users, especially the zOMG community. And, just ask your friend, they're very fierce, loyal and outspoken about their zOMG game.

clairifications - The staff made another announcement to address the concerns. It wasn't a ruse. They love the game. They thought they'd have the game right back up.

And, well, users still bring it up. You can let your friend know that the zOMG community is still currently posting in the zOMG forum. The forum will eventually be removed too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Hi! I have a couple of really, really, basic questions I'd love if you could answer ^^

1. What are quests? I mean, I know what they usually are just don't understand how they work here sweatdrop

2. How do I send trade?

3. What's GoFusion?
3.5 And alchemy?

4. What are points for? ( Like, the ones from achievements )

5. Is there a maximum number of grants, or is it just a gleech?

Also, this isn't really a question, but could you redirect me to someone who's made an in-depth analysis of Gaia's economy's? I have a feeling that it might enter on recession but I don't really know much about Gaia at all so I'd like to hear more about what's being told (:

Thanks for the awesome work!

Oaklily

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:41 pm
Oaklily
Hi! I have a couple of really, really, basic questions I'd love if you could answer ^^

1. What are quests? I mean, I know what they usually are just don't understand how they work here sweatdrop

2. How do I send trade?

3. What's GoFusion?
3.5 And alchemy?

Also, this isn't really a question, but could you redirect me to someone who's made an in-depth analysis of Gaia's economy's? I have a feeling that it might enter on recession but I don't really know much about Gaia at all so I'd like to hear more about what's being told (:

1. For the most part, it's just the lingo that Gaians use. When someone is "questing an item," it just means that they're actively earning and saving up gold to buy that item. They also might appreciate help from other Gaians.
There's nothing special that you have to do to start a quest. You just start saving up gold and state that you're questing. People often make a "quest thread" in the Charity/Quests subforum to track their progress and ask for help. This guild also has a subforum where you can post a quest thread. Quest threads help make it more official and show that you're dedicated.

We had a quest system for a while that was unrelated, but that hasn't been active for years. It also tied into a game called, zOMG, but that was removed from the site a few weeks ago. However, it would be super rare if someone were referring to that system.

2. You'll need to buy a 500g trading pass from the bank. Here's a guide on how to send a trade to someone. I don't think the mechanics have changed since it was written.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12631345
If that doesn't help, please let me know!

3. GoFusion is a relatively new feature. You can access it from the GoFusion tab.
It looks intimidating, but it's simple. It's just like a shop that uses charms as currency instead of gold.
The available items are rotated. The rotations don't happen very often, but Gaia adds and removes items from it.
There are various ways to earn charms. This might help. It also has links to other guides.
In my experience, I've never bought charms. I have quite a few charms to use, though, because I've stored up a bunch from the Daily Chance.

Right now, Gaia's Christmas Event is giving out Snowflake Charms. Let me know if you want to know more about the event and snowflake charms.

3.5 Alchemy was released quite a few years ago. It's a much much more complicated system.
I'm biased and don't like alchemy XD; so take this with a grain of salt.
Alchemy is a system where you destroy existing items to make new items. To perform alchemy, you need formulas, components (the required items) and gold. You also earn levels and achievements as you go.
This might help.

Alchemy and Gofusion are two very different things. Gofusion is like a shop that uses charms as currency to buy items. Alchemy is a system that uses formulas, items and gold to make items.

4. Achievement points do absolutely nothing. c: Seriously.
There are still people who insist on collecting every single achievement possible to earn as many points as possible. We call them Achievement Hunters and I think they're crazy. (Nah, I'm just kidding around here. I don't think they're crazy. There are just a lot of things to do on this site, and that's one thing to do.)

There is one achievement that's worth getting since it allows you to sell 20 items at a time in the marketplace instead of just 10. Otherwise, off the top of my head, I can't think of any other achievements that are worth collecting. Even then, the actual points don't do anything.
I'd say that the reason for collecting achievements isn't for the points, but for the titles. The more achievements you collect, the more words you'll have to put a little title underneath your avatar. (Each achievement comes with specific titles.)

5. . -. I'll need to know what grants we're talking about here. What item are you trying to get?
Yes, there are limits to grants. Buuuuttt~ grants have varying limits. I need to know which grant we're talking about as to whether to let you know if it might be glitched or not.

6. I'm not sure if we can enter a recession since none of us have jobs here and Gaia just keeps spitting gold out at us. Buuuttt~ I know what you mean. I can't point to a thread that has specifically analyzed the economy, though I'm sure that they exist.
Here's a thread that's been tracking the inflation and explains some of what's going on.

If anything I said was confusing or brought up any more questions, please let me know! I'd be happy to help out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:15 pm
sdrawkcab
Oaklily

2. How do I send trade?

3. What's GoFusion?
3.5 And alchemy?

Thank you very much for your answers, they helped a lot!

To clarify:
Every grant, all of them, I mean the ones I haven't opened before the error page showed up also. I know some of them have a maximum of grants, but not 0, right? I mean, then it wouldn't be a grant. Or maybe there are some sort of requirements?
Also, how do you do the "show spoilers" thingy? I feel like it can be seriously handy  

Oaklily

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 pm
Oaklily

To clarify:
Every grant, all of them, I mean the ones I haven't opened before the error page showed up also. I know some of them have a maximum of grants, but not 0, right? I mean, then it wouldn't be a grant. Or maybe there are some sort of requirements?
Also, how do you do the "show spoilers" thingy? I feel like it can be seriously handy

Yay! Glad to hear it. ^ ___^

Oh. That's weird. Yeah, the grants are never set to zero. They usually grant one item (or sometimes three up to three copies of that item).
Yeah. That shouldn't happen. But you're wearing quite a few free grant items. Did those grant links work or did you buy them from the marketplace?
Sometimes grant links get old and expire (even though people still share them) so those ones won't work for anyone. But there usually aren't any requirements. Everyone can click grant links.

Oh! Are you talking about the grant links for the Snowflake Charms? Because those ones are set to expire 15 minutes after they're created. So those ones won't work if they're old. You have to find the new one(s).
Edit; If none of the Snowflake Charm links work, even the new ones... report it to this thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/x-mas-2014-bitter-slumber/x-mas-2014-bug-reporting-thread/t.95192493_796/
(The link is to page 54 because I saw a bunch of people reporting trouble with the charm links there.)

Annndd there's no quick button for spoilers, sadly. You have to type out the tags, but it really is useful. ^^ Anything you put within the tags will be hidden by the button.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:32 am
sdrawkcab
Oaklily

To clarify:

Yay! Glad to hear it. ^ ___^

Oh. That's weird. Yeah, the grants are never set to zero. They usually grant one item (or sometimes three up to three copies of that item)
Yeah. That shouldn't happen. But you're wearing quite a few free grant items. Did those grant links work or did you buy them from the marketplace?
Sometimes grant links get old and expire (even though people still share them) so those ones won't work for anyone. But there usually aren't any requirements. Everyone can click grant links.

Oh! Are you talking about the grant links for the Snowflake Charms? Because those ones are set to expire 15 minutes after they're created. So those ones won't work if they're old. You have to find the new one(s).
Edit; If none of the Snowflake Charm links work, even the new ones... report it to this thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/x-mas-2014-bitter-slumber/x-mas-2014-bug-reporting-thread/t.95192493_796/
(The link is to page 54 because I saw a bunch of people reporting trouble with the charm links there.)

Annndd there's no quick button for spoilers, sadly. You have to type out the tags, but it really is useful. ^^ Anything you put within the tags will be hidden by the button.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Yeah, I could only get the grants from one thread, when I tried an other for different grants none worked. I supposed those links were somehow broken, but after trying other two grant thread and still getting that message, I decided to ask (: But it's okay, I have more items that I really need ^.^

Thank you very much for your help!

Oaklily

Oaklily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:11 pm
Congratulations! You've found bunny ninja #6!
    Oaklily didn't write this post. A stealthy crew member
    edited this post to hide the instructions for claiming this bunny!

How to claim this bunny:
    1. Compliment a Crew, CAP, or NSTG Member on their Easter or Ninja Bunny outfit on their profile. PM Darkerdemons with their name.
    2. Darkerdemons will not respond to PM's and profile comments;
      however, the Bunny Takeover post will be updated to indicate
      that you have claimed this bunny.
    3. Do not share these instructions with anyone.
      Doing so spoils the fun for other players and sabotages
      your and their chances of winning a prize.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:38 am
Oaklily
Hi!
It's me with 2 other questions ^^"
How can I put the aquarium on my signature?
And also, how do I go to the Daily chance?
Thanks for all your help!

For the aquarium, go to My Gaia > Account Settings
In the bottom left (ish) area, you can control signature settings. Click "show my aquarium." That should do it. (That option is pretty darn hidden away.)

As to the Daily Chance carts, you'll find one on each of the main landing pages.
Gaia, My Gaia, GCash, GoFusion, shops, forums, world and games.
If you miss the Gaia one (can't think of proper name), click the words "Gaia online" to the left of your avatar in the header. It's the page you see when you first log on.

The carts appear in the header, to the right of the cash tree. The carts are red. They turn yellow if you've logged in for 6 of the past seven days. Yellow carts give better rewards. You can click each one once per day. They reset at 12 am PST.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Oaklily

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:07 pm
sdrawkcab
Oaklily
Hi!

In the bottom left (ish) area, you can control signature settings. Click "show my aquarium." That should do it. (That option is pretty darn hidden away.)

As to the Daily Chance carts, you'll find one on each of the main landing pages.
If you miss the Gaia one (can't think of proper name), click the words "Gaia online" to the left of your avatar in the header. It's the page you see when you first log on.

The carts appear in the header, to the right of the cash tree. The carts are red. They turn yellow if you've logged in for 6 of the past seven days. Yellow carts give better rewards. You can click each one once per day. They reset at 12 am PST.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:58 am
Oaklily
sdrawkcab
Oaklily
Hi!

Happy to help! ^ ___^  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

cristina marcelli peyton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:43 am
Could someone pleasE ask treasurer to clear trade been pending a long while  
☆ Questions and Assistance