Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 am
Queentintin
I have a question, I'd like to know why I was blocked from posting in the game section, in the daily chance game? I was about to post one item at a time, now I'm blocked! ah, maybe it's just a silly thing to worry about, still =)

SO weird! I hope this was fixed for you. The only explanation I can think of is you caught a glitch, perhaps a crew member accidentally locked the forum for a while (or even accidentally locked the thread, though that's hard to do).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:12 pm
I'm completely new to gaia, there is so much on here, with the games, worlds, guilds... I'm just wondering, where do you think would be the best place for me to get started in gaia? a general starter page or something? thanks~

~mei heart  

meizoomi

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 pm
meizoomi
I'm completely new to gaia, there is so much on here, with the games, worlds, guilds... I'm just wondering, where do you think would be the best place for me to get started in gaia? a general starter page or something? thanks~

~mei heart

Hmmmm like you said, there's so much to this site that it's difficult to answer.

Try to accomplish some of the Achievements. A lot of the achievement tasks will introduce you to the basic aspects of this site.

And I've got to update this post a little, but check out the stuff in this post. Most of them are things that'll take just a couple minutes a day, but will earn you platinum/gold and items for little effort.

But, really, I think you already did the best thing by joining this guild. Sorry for being a little late with this answer, but please quote me if you have any other Gaia questions! And pretty much everyone in this guild loves helping people find their way on this site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm
meizoomi

~mei heart

Do me a favor and check out Newbie F.A.Q. and let me know if it's at all helpful to you?  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

miyumix

Greedy Sweetie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi, I'm editing my profile, and I want my background to scroll as I scroll down the page. Right now the image just repeats itself. I tried looking online for hours but I couldn't find anything that works. I'm using CSS code.. can anybody help me? cat_sweatdrop

This is my background image:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xmaQ44afkVs/U8VqXIyBgXI/AAAAAAAABYw/0rYbFP11uGM/s1600/Colourfulimg+(2).jpg  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:05 pm
JoyRose

Do me a favor and check out Newbie F.A.Q. and let me know if it's at all helpful to you?

yes, thank you!  

meizoomi

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Hime Fraise
Hi, I'm editing my profile, and I want my background to scroll as I scroll down the page. Right now the image just repeats itself. I tried looking online for hours but I couldn't find anything that works. I'm using CSS code.. can anybody help me? cat_sweatdrop

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xmaQ44afkVs/U8VqXIyBgXI/AAAAAAAABYw/0rYbFP11uGM/s1600/Colourfulimg+(2).jpg

I use this so that my background image won't repeat. Maybe it'll work for you?
html,body {background-repeat: no-repeat;}

I also use this code so that my background image stays still and my panels scroll up and down. Not sure if you want that effect
html,body {background-attachment: fixed;}

If that first code doesn't work for you, this post might help. It gives the codes for positioning stuff.
https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/profile-discussion/guides-my-css-bookshelf/t.97510341_21/#21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:38 pm
sdrawkcab
Hime Fraise

I use this so that my background image won't repeat. Maybe it'll work for you?

I also use this code so that my background image stays still and my panels scroll up and down. Not sure if you want that effect

If that first code doesn't work for you, this post might help. It gives the codes for positioning stuff.
https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/profile-discussion/guides-my-css-bookshelf/t.97510341_21/#21

For some reason, that doesn't change anything. Currently, the code on my profile looks like this:
Quote:
.panel h2 {background-color: pink;}

.panel {opacity: 0.9;transition:0.5s;}
.panel:hover {opacity:1.2;}

#id_details img, #animated_item {animation: bounce 1.0s ease-in-out infinite alternate;}
@keyframes bounce {0% {transform: translateY(0px);} 100% {transform: translateY(10px);}}

The first ones are changing the color and opacity of my panels, and animating my avatar. Those last two are the ones you suggested, but they didn't change anything..
I've been in different forums and I just can't seem to figure it out.. cat_sweatdrop  

miyumix

Greedy Sweetie

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:20 pm
Hime Fraise

For some reason, that doesn't change anything. Currently, the code on my profile looks like this:
Quote:

#id_details img, #animated_item {animation: bounce 1.0s ease-in-out infinite alternate;}
@keyframes bounce {0% {transform: translateY(0px);} 100% {transform: translateY(10px);}}

The first ones are changing the color and opacity of my panels, and animating my avatar. Those last two are the ones you suggested, but they didn't change anything..
I've been in different forums and I just can't seem to figure it out.. cat_sweatdrop

Try this instead?

The first bit is an edit of the code I gave you. And then I just tacked on your code. I thiiiink it should work. I tested it on another account and the background isn't repeating. (I'll remove the code from that profile after I know you've seen it.)

html,body {background:url(https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XHk4mApQ6xQ/UGqrXjCkmAI/AAAAAAAAFDY/NAeNh3D3HTo/s1600/Strawberries-Pink-Juice-Splash-Psupero-HD-Wallpaper--Vvallpaper.Net.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}

edit; If your panels are too long for the background image, I recommend adding the other code back in that makes the background fixed, but allows the panels to scroll up and down. Otherwise, the image ends and the background is just white below it. (I just added extra panels to test it.)

Edit2; random thought. I also saw in the code that you’ve got the background in there uploaded in a second spot. If this isn’t working, it’s probably because that’s still showing from underneath or something. Take down that background from wherever you uploaded it into. Rely on the code above to add the background
It’s been a while since I’ve tinkered with profiles so I’ll have to look at it all again tomorrow and I’ll provide a screen shot and/or links to help make sense of this edit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:22 am
sdrawkcab
Hime Fraise

Quote:

Try this instead?

The first bit is an edit of the code I gave you. And then I just tacked on your code. I thiiiink it should work. I tested it on another account and the background isn't repeating. (I'll remove the code from that profile after I know you've seen it.)

html,body {background:url(https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XHk4mApQ6xQ/UGqrXjCkmAI/AAAAAAAAFDY/NAeNh3D3HTo/s1600/Strawberries-Pink-Juice-Splash-Psupero-HD-Wallpaper--Vvallpaper.Net.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}

edit; If your panels are too long for the background image, I recommend adding the other code back in that makes the background fixed, but allows the panels to scroll up and down. Otherwise, the image ends and the background is just white below it. (I just added extra panels to test it.)

Edit2; random thought. I also saw in the code that you’ve got the background in there uploaded in a second spot. If this isn’t working, it’s probably because that’s still showing from underneath or something. Take down that background from wherever you uploaded it into. Rely on the code above to add the background
It’s been a while since I’ve tinkered with profiles so I’ll have to look at it all again tomorrow and I’ll provide a screen shot and/or links to help make sense of this edit

Ahaha.. now I'm a bit worried. I originally put the URL for the background in the URL spot, not the code. I'm not sure how to get to that to remove it..
Also, thank you for cleaning up my code! yum_puddi
But the picture still repeats twice cat_sweatdrop

I have:
Quote:
html,body {background:url(https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XHk4mApQ6xQ/UGqrXjCkmAI/AAAAAAAAFDY/NAeNh3D3HTo/s1600/Strawberries-Pink-Juice-Splash-Psupero-HD-Wallpaper--Vvallpaper.Net.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat background-attachment: fixed;}

@keyframes bounce {0% {transform: translateY(0px);} 100% {transform: translateY(10px);}

Edit -
I'm so stupid. I was missing a ; cat_lol
Thank you so much, it's perfect!  

miyumix

Greedy Sweetie

miyumix

Greedy Sweetie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:31 am
I do have one more question about profile coding.. I've also been searching for this and can't find anything that works..

I want to expand the media box (the one with the youtube video) to a normal size. So, like, it doesn't cut off half the video.. cat_sweatdrop

The help is much appreciated! yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 pm
Ok I got the basics of Gaia. I'm just trying to get up to speed on new stuff but it's hard to ask if I don't know about it to ask. I just want to ask is there any really important things I need to know.  

Kane Vol Enkor

Dangerous Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gaian 50

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:32 pm
Hime Fraise
I do have one more question about profile coding.. I've also been searching for this and can't find anything that works..

I want to expand the media box (the one with the youtube video) to a normal size. So, like, it doesn't cut off half the video.. cat_sweatdrop

The help is much appreciated! yum_puddi

Okay so > < I just played around with it and here are my findings.
You know how profiles have three columns that you can snap the boxes into?
The media isn't cut off in the first or second column, but it gets cut off in the third.

I have nooooo idea how that can be fixed. You might be able to do it by customizing the height and width of that box to hold the size of the video and that's just x -x;; something I haven't done in a really long time.
edit; Missed the "d" in the word "width" by typing too quickly and I just couldn't leave it like that

I recommend asking in the Profile iscussion forum.
Orrrr this person asked how to shrink their youtube vieo. You can try shrinking the size of the video to fit the box. Ha :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:51 pm
Kane Vol Enkor
Ok I got the basics of Gaia. I'm just trying to get up to speed on new stuff but it's hard to ask if I don't know about it to ask. I just want to ask is there any really important things I need to know.

I don't know, really. What do you know? <.< >.> Just kidding. Ummmm yeah, I don't know. I think everyone will answer this question a little differently because we all want different things out of Gaia. XD

Here's a tip for December. Expect a Christmas event... soon. We usually get a countdown to Christmas and a "lampost" will appear in the header each day. Click it. You get one freebie item per day. Some years, you need to collect all of them to receive a bonus item.
... Some years, you have to use alchemy and exchange allll of your items in order to get the bonus item. Soooo people usually have a secondary mule account and collect a second set of items just in case. (The items are usually pretty cheap to buy on the marketplace... but people often miss the first day so that item ends up being most expensive... typically)
There's usually some sort of event in an event forum. And there will be "caroling" in the shops too.

As to general Gaia... I like to collect the freebies every day so I'll talk about those just in case you haven't come across them yet. XD
dumpster dive - you can click it every 5 minutes and get an item donated by users. Sometimes it's trash; sometimes it's treasure
daily chance - click the carts in the header for gold. If you've logged in for 7+ days straight, the cart turns from red to gold and you get a bit more gold/plat from the carts
Vote in the Runway - On the 8th day you get a bundle. That bundle has items that you can use to level kin from Lake Kindred. You don't need to enter the contests. Annnd you can repeat it over and over and over for another bundle every 8 days.
Spinami - You get one free spin per day
Lake Kindred - The different areas give different rigs. But, aside from that, you can get one free little present per day from your five kin. If you don't have five kin yet, they're pretty cheap on the marketplace. Sometimes that present is a RIG. And sometimes those RIGs give decent items. So even if you don't play LK, you have a chance at getting a rig for little effort. Also, the lite version works on mobile.
I'm sure there are more freebies, but that's all i can think of right now

Oh! Stay on the platinum system unless you're buying super cheap items from the shops orrrr killing trees in LK. If you're not killing trees, don't worry about it. (The systems aren't equal. Platinum has a higher payout for your actions on the site... aside from killing trees in LK.)

An if you're really liking this site, I recommend looking into these browser extensions. I run both of them. Edit; Lol. I just skimmed my post and saw that could have a second meaning. I'm not affiliated with either extension, but I use both of them.
https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24979375#377391897
They add features to the site that make your life on this site a heck of a lot easier. For instance, they allow you to collect all the daily chance carts with just one click. It's so nice. * o* You can also opt in and out of features.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

BigSunCowboy

Lonely Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 am
Sorry if this is obvious, but how do I get more loamflakes (or other food) to feed my fish?

I tried finding answers for it but wasn't able to sad If anyone has any idea and is able, I'd love some help! Thank you! heart crying  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff