Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:55 am
RezRagnarok
Hello, random question but what do you do when someone...'finds you' via the search and is acting rather creepy? Should I report or?

And can I turn off the ability to be found with the search?

Unless they do something specifically against TOS, then I'm afraid you can't report them. However, you can "ignore" that user. It basically blocks them from contacting you and you won't see any of their posts anymore. You can access the ignore button via the drop down window that's below avis.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:55 am
Auriga La Shock
RezRagnarok
Hello, random question but what do you do when someone...'finds you' via the search and is acting rather creepy? Should I report or?

And can I turn off the ability to be found with the search?

Unless they do something specifically against TOS, then I'm afraid you can't report them. However, you can "ignore" that user. It basically blocks them from contacting you and you won't see any of their posts anymore. You can access the ignore button via the drop down window that's below avis.

Ok, I will! Thank you.  

RezRagnarok

Tieve Lannis

Ghost Spook

5,050 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Super Fan 250
  • One Down 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 am
Hi there! I only have a few questions I can think of currently...Thank you so far for all the help in just reading a few pages of the forum alone! >w<

1: What exactly is 'questing' for an item? I've not encountered it, but I see it mentioned frequently!

2: Is there a specific place in this guild to post your art? Silly question, I'm sure, I just find the topic UI a bit difficult to navigate currently!

3: And this is sort of in reference to the prior question! If there are any artists actively here, how do you ensure you don't get stiffed in a trade for gold/items? I've luckily not had issues with people stealing art from me, but it seems like it could be a scary situation! Also, what would be the appropriate rate here in terms of gold/plat?

4: I know there's gold and there's platinum, but what is the difference?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:37 am
Tieve Lannis
Hi there! I only have a few questions I can think of currently...Thank you so far for all the help in just reading a few pages of the forum alone! >w<

1: What exactly is 'questing' for an item? I've not encountered it, but I see it mentioned frequently!

2: Is there a specific place in this guild to post your art? Silly question, I'm sure, I just find the topic UI a bit difficult to navigate currently!

3: And this is sort of in reference to the prior question! If there are any artists actively here, how do you ensure you don't get stiffed in a trade for gold/items? I've luckily not had issues with people stealing art from me, but it seems like it could be a scary situation! Also, what would be the appropriate rate here in terms of gold/plat?

4: I know there's gold and there's platinum, but what is the difference?

1. Questing for an item means you're trying to save up for or acquire something (usually an item on your wish list) on Gaia.

2. In the guild, I think you can post art in the Chatterbox. Just make your own topic for it.

3. The main way that artists protect themselves on this site is by using the trade itself as protection and by using a watermark on their art. So, the step by step process during a commission would be this:

1. Order comes in.
2. Artist accepts the order and tells the user to send the initial payment trade. This trade is just proof that the user has the money. Don't actually accept it yet.
3. Artist completes the art and sends a watermarked version (or something similar) to the user. This basically is giving proof to the customer that the art is truly finished.
4. At this point, the user should complete the trade on their end. The artist can now go in, accept the trade, and get the payment for the commission.
5. After the trade is completed, the artist sends a non watermarked version of the art to the user.

Most of the people who commission you on this site have a lot of experience, so this process should go smoothly. If you do have the unfortunate experience of someone somehow stiffing you for your art, then you have full rights to report that user.

As for art pricing, that's hard to say. It depends on the quality of your art. Go to other art shops and look around. See what artists are offering art for, but more importantly, check to see what gold amounts user's are trying to buy art with. If you still aren't sure what to price your art at, then instead of saying in your thread "selling art for this much" put "selling art, make me an offer".

4. Platinum and gold simply change the appearance of the currency on the site. Gaia initially only had gold, but inflation caused it to sky rocket and have a ton of zeroes. They made platinum to get rid of the hassle of dealing with all those zeroes.

There's a few other differences too. In general, you'll get more money on the site if you use platinum currency. Platinum grants more money than gold when you post, look around, etc. For the most part, you should stick to platinum full time.

Here are the exceptions to that rule. In these cases, you will want to switch to the gold currency:
1. Buying Items from the Gold Shops. Buying via gold currency will save you a ton of money in these shops.
2. Playing Lake Kindred. Playing this game in gold currency will get you more money than if you were to do in platinum.  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Tieve Lannis

Ghost Spook

5,050 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Super Fan 250
  • One Down 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 am
Thank you very much, that clears up a lot!!! I did some looking around the forums for the information like you said, it was very informative!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:25 am
hi-hi~
how can i get rid of the devil imp potion effect?
ty for the answer! yum_puddi  

Alust

Fuzzy Kitten

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm
Alust
hi-hi~
how can i get rid of the devil imp potion effect?
ty for the answer! yum_puddi

You used a potion to become an imp and now you must use a potion to become a human (or any other base). ^ __^
Check out the gold shop Skin Tyte for all most of your potion needs. (The Treehouse also has some potions.)

Anyway, Skin Tyte has some human potions for 1 plat (or I thiiiink about 100 gold). Don't buy from the marketplace, because they're always overpriced. XD;
Be sure to pick the one in the skin tone color that you'd like
After you buy it, head to the special tab of your inventory and use it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:37 pm
I remember reading the answer to this somewhere before but cannot find it. Sorry if I missed it somewhere obvious sweatdrop

How many posts and poll votes should I be doing per day minimum to maximize the use of plat bonuses? Does the activity in a guild and in the normal forums all count together or separate? (As in, get >1 plat for posting x amount of times total or x amount of times in forms PLUS another set of bonuses from the guild posts?). I feel like I've been posting all day and I'm still getting some great plat from posts. I'm just wondering how many posts it takes as well as the polls.  

The(Sic)nessWithin

Feral Duck

xAdelienx

Alien Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 pm
I have a question.
How to keep the first page of a thread focus on you.
So if someone comments it it will be on the second page.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
I have a question, I'd like to know why I was blocked from posting in the game section, in the daily chance game? I was about to post one item at a time, now I'm blocked! ah, maybe it's just a silly thing to worry about, still =)  

Queentintin

Crew

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 am
The(Sic)nessWithin
I remember reading the answer to this somewhere before but cannot find it. Sorry if I missed it somewhere obvious sweatdrop

How many posts and poll votes should I be doing per day minimum to maximize the use of plat bonuses? Does the activity in a guild and in the normal forums all count together or separate? (As in, get >1 plat for posting x amount of times total or x amount of times in forms PLUS another set of bonuses from the guild posts?). I feel like I've been posting all day and I'm still getting some great plat from posts. I'm just wondering how many posts it takes as well as the polls.

I've never had the persistence to find out where, if any, the cap is. I know the amount does go down a bit after each one (and posts in guilds count just like posts in forums), but I don't know if there's a cap. Let me know if you find one, please? This is a great question!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:11 am
xAdelienx
I have a question.
How to keep the first page of a thread focus on you.
So if someone comments it it will be on the second page.

I'm sorry I missed this question.

Anyway, if I understand your question, you want the first page of your thread to be what comes up if a person enters the thread. So it depends on where the person is coming "from" to access your thread. If they just hit reply, they'll be redirected to the last page when their reply is submitted. This is so if anyone else replies they will see those responses. If you want to enter a thread from the first post, just click the title. If you want to enter it on the last page, click the last page number listed under the title. If you want folks to enter your thread at the first post from somewhere else (like your signature), just click on the first post, copy that url, and use that for your link.

I hope that helps.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:14 am
Queentintin
I have a question, I'd like to know why I was blocked from posting in the game section, in the daily chance game? I was about to post one item at a time, now I'm blocked! ah, maybe it's just a silly thing to worry about, still =)

SO weird! I hope this was fixed for you. The only explanation I can think of is you caught a glitch, perhaps a crew member accidentally locked the forum for a while (or even accidentally locked the thread, though that's hard to do).  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:16 am
JoyRose
Queentintin

SO weird! I hope this was fixed for you. The only explanation I can think of is you caught a glitch, perhaps a crew member accidentally locked the forum for a while (or even accidentally locked the thread, though that's hard to do).

It was all setled my friend =) talked with Ebania heart  

Queentintin

Crew

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 am
Queentintin

☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff