Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimochii Sandayuu

Newbie Raider

3,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:40 pm
Ebania
    I'm not paying for my hosting, but I don't know if that's because Angelfire grandfathered in everyone who had an account before beginning to charge, nor do I know of other hosting sites that are free to use. User Image

Kimochii Sandayuu
    are you paying for your hosting? Was wondering if free hosting in angelfire would still work?

oh okay.. thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 am
This may seem like a trivial question, still I feel the need to ask it.

How do I decide what items to go for?
I'm not one hundred percent sure on the look I want, but there are a lot of choices out there, and it's getting a little over my head. @_@  

Jeridian

Dapper Noob

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

80,800 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 pm
Jeridian

I'm not one hundred percent sure on the look I want, but there are a lot of choices out there, and it's getting a little over my head. @_@

Check out the avatar builder. Just start playing around, maybe decide on a certain theme you want for your avi, and go from there. Once you complete your dream avi, be in fantasy, sci fi, or whatever, start questing for the items it takes to make that avi  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 pm
Auriga La Shock
Jeridian

Check out the avatar builder. Just start playing around, maybe decide on a certain them you want for your avi, and go from there. Once you complete your dream avi, be in fantasy, sci fi, or whatever, start questing for the items it takes to make that avi

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. n_n  

Jeridian

Dapper Noob

KiKis Misery Service

Timid Fatcat

12,200 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 pm
I know this sounds ignorant but, how do you align pictures on left&text on the right? Whenever I use the align text and image, it keeps showing the text at the bottom.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:26 pm
KiKis Misery Service
I know this sounds ignorant but, how do you align pictures on left&text on the right? Whenever I use the align text and image, it keeps showing the text at the bottom.

I believe you just use the Imgleft/Imgright coding options.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Image test
Bleh
Words
example
example
More examples  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

80,800 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:56 am
KiKis Misery Service

There is also a free add-on you can download for your firefox/chrome - its called GaiaUpgrade and it lets you make different post styles that automatically change your posts to whichever saved one you have made. It's pretty simple to use but if you have any questions about it you can PM me to ask smile

( This is what I use to make my post's look ever so snazzy )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:41 pm
I have some pretty basic questions. If they've been answered before, sorry to be redundant.. sweatdrop

1) What does it mean to "Tip Post"?
2) How do you save an outfit?/Is it possible? As in you can go back to it later, and reuse it.
3) What is the heart by fellow Gaia users online/offline on forums? What is it used for?

Thanks!
whee

Voara-Xamera

X_wishing_well_X

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:28 pm
Voara-Xamera
I have some pretty basic questions. If they've been answered before, sorry to be redundant.. sweatdrop

2) How do you save an outfit?/Is it possible? As in you can go back to it later, and reuse it.
3) What is the heart by fellow Gaia users online/offline on forums? What is it used for?

Thanks!
whee

Hello!
I've been here for many many years and still I'm quite a newbie at things on here due to frequent hiatuses sweatdrop Don't worry about any questions that have been answered before!

1.) To "tip" a Post, from my understanding, is to simply give a fellow Gaian some GG (Gaia gold) if you happen to like a post that they wrote. To me, it's kind-of like the react buttons on Facebook, letting a person know that you were amused, enlightened, interested, etc. from someone's Post.

2.) Yes! You can save an outfit. You should be able to access an "Outfit" button once you're in your avatar builder, and from there you should be able to save the current outfit that you're wearing and then work on another one if you so wish. There are lots of slots to save multiple outfits. You can also name them! And yeah, you can reuse it smile

3.) The heart is one thing I'm unsure of, although when I hover over it it says "Collection". I just clicked on it and it seems to be similar to the "tip" post but no GG involved. It seems to be that if you like the person's avatar you can add it to a collection that includes a theme, description, and hashtags. It's like a "Favourite" option!

Hope that I helped in some way! Sorry for anything that did not make sense. If you need more clarification, or have more questions, please, don't hesitate to ask! 4laugh

p.s. So very sorry that your question hasn't been answered until now! Hope you're doing well. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm
Voara-Xamera

Thanks!
whee

edit; Sorry XD I just saw that you posted this on July 10th. You've probably figured it all out by now~

1) It costs you 1 platinum (equivalent of 10,000,000 gold) to tip a post. That 1 plat is transferred to the user that you tipped. To tip a post, you click the "tip post" button by that person's post. Gaians use it just like what Wishing Well said. c:
Sometimes, users will use it for other reasons. For example, some art shop owners will state in their rules that they'll tip a post to decline the request.
It's also sometimes used to end a discussion. There might not be anything else to say so the other person will tip to acknowledge that they've seen and read the post.
Users will get a notification (on their My Gaia page) that you've tipped their post. You can also hover the "tip post" button and can look at the "tip jar" to see how many tips a post has gotten.
There are achievements related to giving tips and getting tips. So you might sometimes come across a thread where users ask you to tip their post. (This is a list of all of the achievements. Achievement points are useless. However, check out the first post of that thread. There is a series of achievements you'll want to complete in order to sell more items at one time. You don't need to complete them right away or anything, but you might eventually get to a point where you want to sell a bunch of items at once.)

2) In the dress up screen, there's a button called "outfits" https://i.imgur.com/aR1BTSo.png. It's mainly referred to as your "closet."
You start with 5 slots, I believe. And you can buy more. When the closets tab is open, click "buy more" in the lower right corner. The first several cost gold and then will eventually cost cash to get more slots.
You can save your outfits there and equip them again later. You must still own all of the items in order to equip, save, and wear the outfit again. The avatar will stay in the closet until you choose to delete it. You can't recover any outfits that you delete. You still keep that outfit slot. (I'm always deleting old outfits to save new outfits I love because I'm too cheap to spend cash for more outfit slots. XD; )

3) That heart button is part of the Favorites feature. You can get to it by My Gaia > Favorites.
For years, whenever anyone saw an avatar that they liked, the only way to save a collection of it was to save the avatar image to their computer. (I still save to my computer. XD ) Buuuut you can keep a collection of avatars in the Favorites feature. You can make different albums to create different categories of avatars.
Users are notified (on their My Gaia page) whenever you save their avatar to a Favorites album. You can also view the avatars that other users have saved to albums.
You can click the "show latest or ranked favorites" link in the top right corner to see some of the avatars that are currently popular on the site... that a lot of users happen to be adding to their Favorites.
You just... save them so you can view them later. There's no advantage to having users favorite your avatar and those avatars aren't used for any other features or anything.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

RezRagnarok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm
Hello, I received a item called 'golden fragment' and I'm not really sure what it's for? It is in the game part of the inventory but I have no clue what to do with it. redface  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:26 pm
RezRagnarok
Hello, I received a item called 'golden fragment' and I'm not really sure what it's for? It is in the game part of the inventory but I have no clue what to do with it. redface

Awesome! They're relatively rare and will sell for a decent amount of gold/plat.

I say sell, because if you want to use it, you'd have to collect a lot more. Like, a LOT more. Golden Fragments are an alchemy component that allows you to craft the project tickets. Here's a link to the formulas.

If you feel like starting a quest toward recoloring an item (and therefore being part of the 'usermade items' that get released every now and then), here's your start. ^ ___^
Otherwise, it should be an easy sell. c:

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

RezRagnarok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:40 pm
sdrawkcab
RezRagnarok

Awesome! They're relatively rare and will sell for a decent amount of gold/plat.

I say sell, because if you want to use it, you'd have to collect a lot more. Like, a LOT more. Golden Fragments are an alchemy component that allows you to craft the project tickets. Here's a link to the formulas.

If you feel like starting a quest toward recoloring an item (and therefore being part of the 'usermade items' that get released every now and then), here's your start. ^ ___^
Otherwise, it should be an easy sell. c:

oh cool!! I just might hold onto it for a while and debate! Thank you so much!!! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:45 pm
RezRagnarok
oh cool!! I just might hold onto it for a while and debate! Thank you so much!!! heart heart heart

No problem. And good idea! No rush.  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

RezRagnarok

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 am
Hello, random question but what do you do when someone...'finds you' via the search and is acting rather creepy? Should I report or?

And can I turn off the ability to be found with the search?  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff