Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:21 pm
Hi, everyone!

In this thread you can ask questions about Gaia to be answered by more experienced members.

If you'd prefer, you are welcome to create your own thread in this subforum, but please browse around a bit first to see if your question has already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks,

Please quote Darkness and Wings
[quote="Darkness and Wings"][/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:25 am
Hi! I'm new here in Gaia and to this lovely Guild as well biggrin
I have some questions to ask ~ 3nodding
1. When we reply to a... post? thread, do we have to go to the most recent posts in order to post something?
2. What is Booty Grab?
3. What is the fastest way to get money on Gaia?
4. What is a signature?  

Azaleahx

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:38 pm
Azaleahx
1. When we reply to a... post? thread, do we have to go to the most recent posts in order to post something?
2. What is Booty Grab?
4. What is a signature?

Hello! Welcome to Gaia and NSTG. You've come to the right place. I've met nothing but nice people in this guild. :)

1. Yep, you've got it right. Each of our reply bubbles are called posts. Each of the topics that you post in are called threads. And all of the threads are created in different forums.
You do not have to go to the most recent posts to make a reply in a thread. The yellow reply button is at the top and bottom of every page. New posts always get added to the end of the thread. It's usually a good idea to check the most recent posts anyway to see if the thread has devolved into a different topic.

Also, if you want to reply to a specific user, be sure to use the quote feature. If they have their notifications turned on, they'll be told that someone quoted them. It's very handy.

2. The short answer is that Booty Grab is a Gaia game that you can play. It's free to play and you earn gold every time.
Booty Grab used to be a great way to earn gold to buy items. It's still an okay way to earn gold to buy cheap items, but you won't earn enough gold from it to buy expensive items the marketplace. (It's a long story, but the item prices have been exponentially increasing this past year due to too much gold in the system. It's hard to keep up if you don't use Gaia Cash.)
Here is a guide on how to play: BG Guide
You don't have to understand much about how the game works in order to play it. Basically, you go to the Aquarium Forum. Look for threads that say "glow" or "glowing" in the title. Look at the aquariums in the signatures. Click on a tank that says "Booty Grab" for a pop up to open and the game to start. From there, just use the arrow keys to move left and right. You keep whatever gold falls into the shell on your head. Rinse and Repeat.

3. I hate to say it, but the fastest way to earn gold on Gaia is to use cash. Cash is a currency that you get for converting real money into cash form.
What you do is look through the current items in the Cash Shop and find the one that's selling for the most gold for the least amount of cash spent. Sell that item and buy the other ones you want. (Do not buy the gold generators! They sound like a good deal. "You could win up to 150 billion gold!" They're not. You usually only win like 20 million gold. Yes, that's a lot of gold... but not in this economy. And you could probably get a guaranteed 1 billion just for buying and selling a different item for the same amount of cash.)
Do you have the Cash Tree enabled? If you don't want to spend your money on cash, you can complete free offers for cash. It takes a while to add up, but it's better than nothing. Watch out, some offers do require a credit card so just avoid them...
If you have art skills, you can draw art for users in exchange for items and gold.
Another easy method is to watch the marketplace, buy low and sell high. That's a tactic that might take a while to get into since you'll have to learn about which items to do that with and you'll need quite a bit of gold for your initial investment.
Check out the Dumpster Dive. The Dumpster is a feature where users can dive for items donated by other users. It's free. You can dive every five minutes. Many Gaians have been generously donating expensive items into the Dumpster. The Dumpster does empty though. At those times, you'll get items from the Admin. Once you get between 10 - 20 items from Admin, you won't be able to dive again until the dumpster is full of user donations. Check back periodically. ...You're not guaranteed to get something expensive. You are getting a random item that someone else didn't want, after all.
Also, be sure to participate in item contests and giveaways! The forums are full of them. You can find some NSTG ones here.

4. A signature is the little blurb of images or words that users have under their posts. You can edit your own signature here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/signature/
The signature is where you'll look for glowing aquariums when you play Booty Grab.

Bonus;
I'm quite fond of this thread. The Gaia staff releases free grant items every once in a while. You get a free item just for clicking a grant link. This thread keeps a list of grant links that still work. Check them out for a bunch of free items.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm
sdrawkcab
Azaleahx
2. What is Booty Grab?
4. What is a signature?

Hello! Welcome to Gaia and NSTG. You've come to the right place. I've met nothing but nice people in this guild. :)

1. Yep, you've got it right. Each of our reply bubbles are called posts. Each of the topics that you post in are called threads. And all of the threads are created in different forums.
You do not have to go to the most recent posts to make a reply in a thread. The yellow reply button is at the top and bottom of every page. New posts always get added to the end of the thread. It's usually a good idea to check the most recent posts anyway to see if the thread has devolved into a different topic.

Also, if you want to reply to a specific user, be sure to use the quote feature. If they have their notifications turned on, they'll be told that someone quoted them. It's very handy.

2. The short answer is that Booty Grab is a Gaia game that you can play. It's free to play and you earn gold every time.
Booty Grab used to be a great way to earn gold to buy items. It's still an okay way to earn gold to buy cheap items, but you won't earn enough gold from it to buy expensive items the marketplace. (It's a long story, but the item prices have been exponentially increasing this past year due to too much gold in the system. It's hard to keep up if you don't use Gaia Cash.)
You don't have to understand much about how the game works in order to play it. Basically, you go to the Aquarium Forum. Look for threads that say "glow" or "glowing" in the title. Look at the aquariums in the signatures. Click on a tank that says "Booty Grab" for a pop up to open and the game to start. From there, just use the arrow keys to move left and right. You keep whatever gold falls into the shell on your head. Rinse and Repeat.

3. I hate to say it, but the fastest way to earn gold on Gaia is to use cash. Cash is a currency that you get for converting real money into cash form.
What you do is look through the current items in the Cash Shop and find the one that's selling for the most gold for the least amount of cash spent. Sell that item and buy the other ones you want. (Do not buy the gold generators! They sound like a good deal. "You could win up to 150 billion gold!" They're not. You usually only win like 20 million gold. Yes, that's a lot of gold... but not in this economy. And you could probably get a guaranteed 1 billion just for buying and selling a different item for the same amount of cash.)
Do you have the Cash Tree enabled? If you don't want to spend your money on cash, you can complete free offers for cash. It takes a while to add up, but it's better than nothing. Watch out, some offers do require a credit card so just avoid them...
If you have art skills, you can draw art for users in exchange for items and gold.
Another easy method is to watch the marketplace, buy low and sell high. That's a tactic that might take a while to get into since you'll have to learn about which items to do that with and you'll need quite a bit of gold for your initial investment.
Check out the Dumpster Dive. The Dumpster is a feature where users can dive for items donated by other users. It's free. You can dive every five minutes. Many Gaians have been generously donating expensive items into the Dumpster. The Dumpster does empty though. At those times, you'll get items from the Admin. Once you get between 10 - 20 items from Admin, you won't be able to dive again until the dumpster is full of user donations. Check back periodically. ...You're not guaranteed to get something expensive. You are getting a random item that someone else didn't want, after all.
Also, be sure to participate in item contests and giveaways! The forums are full of them. You can find some NSTG ones here.

4. A signature is the little blurb of images or words that users have under their posts. You can edit your own signature here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/signature/
The signature is where you'll look for glowing aquariums when you play Booty Grab.

Bonus;
I'm quite fond of this thread. The Gaia staff releases free grant items every once in a while. You get a free item just for clicking a grant link. This thread keeps a list of grant links that still work. Check them out for a bunch of free items.

Ah. Thank you very much. Now I've gotten my head around some things biggrin  

Azaleahx

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:13 pm
Azaleahx
sdrawkcab
Azaleahx
2. What is Booty Grab?
4. What is a signature?

Bonus;

Ah. Thank you very much. Now I've gotten my head around some things biggrin
Yay! Woot. No problem. c:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:38 pm
hi. I'm new to Gaia and to the guild. I was wondering how to tell how many posts I've made here.  

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm
MegaAltaria
hi. I'm new to Gaia and to the guild. I was wondering how to tell how many posts I've made here.

Hey there! Welcome to the guild (:

You can check how many posts you have here by going to the Guild Members tab up top, or just click here.

There's a 'search box' where you'll have to enter your username to see your post count.

I've already checked it for you, and you currently have 13 posts in the guild.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:20 am
r a i n i i_d a i s
MegaAltaria

Hey there! Welcome to the guild (:

You can check how many posts you have here by going to the Guild Members tab up top, or just click here.

There's a 'search box' where you'll have to enter your username to see your post count.

I've already checked it for you, and you currently have 13 posts in the guild.

I hope that helps!
that helps a bunch! TY.  

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:21 pm
I have a question that's about Gaia. I think. I hope I'm posting in the right place for this.

I've only been here a few days, and in my first few days, everyone was so warm and kind and welcoming, and they helped me get around and navigate the site. I was warned of inflation and how difficult if is for newbies to get by, here, and that worried me. And each day I came on here, I saw Gaia Online releasing a lot of advertisements, way too many for my tastes, and all of them were about items. For cash. And expensive, at that. It feels like I'm being pressured for money every time I come on here, and I don't like it much. I don't know what to do; if I should stay and continue seeing the places around this site, or find another site to go to. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 pm
MegaAltaria
I have a question that's about Gaia. I think. I hope I'm posting in the right place for this.

I've only been here a few days, and in my first few days, everyone was so warm and kind and welcoming, and they helped me get around and navigate the site. I was warned of inflation and how difficult if is for newbies to get by, here, and that worried me. And each day I came on here, I saw Gaia Online releasing a lot of advertisements, way too many for my tastes, and all of them were about items. For cash. And expensive, at that. It feels like I'm being pressured for money every time I come on here, and I don't like it much. I don't know what to do; if I should stay and continue seeing the places around this site, or find another site to go to. Any suggestions?

That is Gaia's sales tactics. Each day, you'll see maybe 5 - 10 announcements advertising sales on cash and new Cash Shop items. It's been this way since the current CEO's policies kicked in (for about a year now, year and a half? I'm forgetting right now).

All you have to do is ignore those announcements. They can't force you to spend money on this site. (Though, they're a business and wouldn't be able to run without users spending money on this site.) You can survive easily without spending cash. Non-cash users and cash-users get to enjoy the same activities. The main difference is that you probably won't own all the latest items. (But many users know how to work the market and are wealthy enough to buy whatever they want without spending money.) And people who've spent $100+ within a year get access to a special shop, but it's not really that big of a deal. > <;
All users face the same difficulty, whether newbie or not. n .n I know I have it easier since I already own quite a few items... but I'm not willing to part with those items. I've actually seen quite a few newbies who have tons more liquid assets than I have. XD;;

I find it easy to ignore the announcements. Of course, I'm coming from the standpoint that I've already spent years on this site and some announcement spam isn't going to make me leave.
On the other hand, I understand that you haven't invested too much time here yet. I'd recommend staying if you find a community here that you like and are enjoying yourself. If the announcements do make you feel uncomfortable, well, there's no use voluntarily staying in a place that makes you uncomfortable.

Sorry XD that answer was a bit more full of personal anecdote than necessary. But really, it's up to you. I encourage you to stay. <3 This site has a good community and lots of things to do. But if you're feeling pressured or uncomfortable in any way, I don't want to talk you into staying. It's your choice. What I can say is that I don't think Gaia's marketing tactic will change any time soon. The CEO has only been here for about a year. I think he'll be around for at least another year.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:53 pm
sdrawkcab
MegaAltaria

That is Gaia's sales tactics. Each day, you'll see maybe 5 - 10 announcements advertising sales on cash and new Cash Shop items. It's been this way since the current CEO's policies kicked in (for about a year now, year and a half? I'm forgetting right now).

All you have to do is ignore those announcements. They can't force you to spend money on this site. (Though, they're a business and wouldn't be able to run without users spending money on this site.) You can survive easily without spending cash. Non-cash users and cash-users get to enjoy the same activities. The main difference is that you probably won't own all the latest items. (But many users know how to work the market and are wealthy enough to buy whatever they want without spending money.) And people who've spent $100+ within a year get access to a special shop, but it's not really that big of a deal. > <;
All users face the same difficulty, whether newbie or not. n .n I know I have it easier since I already own quite a few items... but I'm not willing to part with those items. I've actually seen quite a few newbies who have tons more liquid assets than I have. XD;;

I find it easy to ignore the announcements. Of course, I'm coming from the standpoint that I've already spent years on this site and some announcement spam isn't going to make me leave.
On the other hand, I understand that you haven't invested too much time here yet. I'd recommend staying if you find a community here that you like and are enjoying yourself. If the announcements do make you feel uncomfortable, well, there's no use voluntarily staying in a place that makes you uncomfortable.

Sorry XD that answer was a bit more full of personal anecdote than necessary. But really, it's up to you. I encourage you to stay. <3 This site has a good community and lots of things to do. But if you're feeling pressured or uncomfortable in any way, I don't want to talk you into staying. It's your choice. What I can say is that I don't think Gaia's marketing tactic will change any time soon. The CEO has only been here for about a year. I think he'll be around for at least another year.

I hope i can say that they're downright terrible business practices, then. No one likes being spammed with adverts. And even 5 announcements is way too much in one day, on a daily basis. What the heck is going on with this CEO? Can't the board of directors put someone more fitting to run a business properly and not upset the customers they're trying to get money from, in charge? Yeah, I know they can't force me to spend money, but what I'm seeing here from unhappy users and the announcements and overpriced items I can never hope to afford, myself, are telling me not to even think about investing any amount of money here.

I'm in disbelief that a site could maintain itself being run under the management that you clam it has, for a year. I'm honestly perplexed. What happened to the last CEO? Were things better when the last guy was around? How often does this place go through CEO's?

I don't know how to work the marketplace, and I'm kind of scared of stepping foot in there, to be honest. Everything's so high, it's ridiculous. I mean, I really want to consider staying because of the generous and kind people who gave me warm welcomes here are cool and all, but the people who manage Gaia Online are making my stay annoying and difficult with what they're doing. It's hard to ignore it when it's kind of "BUY OUR STUFF!" in my face, and everyone seems angry all the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:57 pm
Hi Mega; I just want to say two things, in response to your excellent questions and valid concerns:

1. In my view, you are perfectly justified in your feelings regarding Gaia's current busiess practices. Those same feelings are shared by many of us who have been here for years, and it breaks my heart that that same disillusionment is now spreading to Gaia's newly-joined demographic. It was not this way before. We've had previous CEOs who also pushed the marketing aspect of Gaia, who also asked for Cash, but it's never been like this.

Events were free, fun, and accessible to all; Kickstarters (before there was even a term for that concept) were done to augment an event, not to replace it entirely or to combat rampant inflation in the Marketplace. Events were so cool, and encouraged members to interact with each other and NPCs. We felt a stronger connection with the Gaia world than we do know -- that much is true.

Staffmembers interacted more organically with members, though there has been a recent revival of that in some forums, with certain staffmembers. I fact, there used to be something called Ask the Admin, every Monday evening, where members could come in to a specific thread every hour to ask Gaia's staff anything they wanted; as it turns out, it closed last year.

There was also no class war. Everything was accessible with a bit of hard work and dedication, and if you wanted to spend real-life money to get items quicker or to support the site and its staff, you felt free to do so -- but never pressured to do so. People were capable of helping each other without spending real money, and there were no gold generators. I've bought items before the original gold generator, Flynn's Booty, came out for less than 400,000g. Now, the same item is in the hundreds of billions.

I could go on for ages, but to answer your question, yes: Things were far better before the new management took over, in my humble opinion.

2. At the same time, I stay. Why? Because I've invested so much of myself here: my time, my love, my energy. It's not even about the money. I've spent more money on meals at bad restaurants than I have on Gaia. What's made this place so special transcends the Marketplace. I encounter so many awesome people in this guild and around the site as a whole that I find it worthy to stay and be a friend to them, and to lead this guild. The NSTG always tries to adjust its budget to remain financially pertinent to the recipients of its charity, but what we do our best to offer is friendship and, ultimately, a family. If people leave Gaia because of its current state, I understand more than you think; I've thought about quitting many times over the past year. But if they do stay, I can't determine what happens in Headquarters, but I can do my best to keep this guild happy and fruitful in all the most important ways.

MegaAltaria
I hope i can say that they're downright terrible business practices, then. No one likes being spammed with adverts. And even 5 announcements is way too much in one day, on a daily basis. What the heck is going on with this CEO? Can't the board of directors put someone more fitting to run a business properly and not upset the customers they're trying to get money from, in charge? Yeah, I know they can't force me to spend money, but what I'm seeing here from unhappy users and the announcements and overpriced items I can never hope to afford, myself, are telling me not to even think about investing any amount of money here.

I'm in disbelief that a site could maintain itself being run under the management that you clam it has, for a year. I'm honestly perplexed. What happened to the last CEO? Were things better when the last guy was around? How often does this place go through CEO's?

I don't know how to work the marketplace, and I'm kind of scared of stepping foot in there, to be honest. Everything's so high, it's ridiculous. I mean, I really want to consider staying because of the generous and kind people who gave me warm welcomes here are cool and all, but the people who manage Gaia Online are making my stay annoying and difficult with what they're doing. It's hard to ignore it when it's kind of "BUY OUR STUFF!" in my face, and everyone seems angry all the time.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

xKisuke

Heart Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:35 am
Is there such another way earning gold fast than exchanging money to gaia cash then to gold?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:48 am
Vending, most likely; we've got a few guides in our Resources subforum on how to do it. But buying gold generators (items in the Cash Shop that give out gold) is not only bad for the economy, but for your wallet; the chances of winning the maximum payout are so low that it is definitely better to buy a fantastic item from there and then sell it when it's much more expensive later on. 3nodding

ReKryptonite
Is there such another way earning gold fast than exchanging money to gaia cash then to gold?

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out