Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How to change avi's pose? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bombopomp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 am
Hi, I've seen avi's with cool poses, how can I get my avi to pose like that? I know how to make it sit or move hand which are found in dress up but I mean cool poses biggrin I'm not sure if I'm making sense right now... Please help if you know what I mean! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:11 am
Bombopomp
Hi, I've seen avi's with cool poses, how can I get my avi to pose like that? I know how to make it sit or move hand which are found in dress up but I mean cool poses biggrin I'm not sure if I'm making sense right now... Please help if you know what I mean! sweatdrop

I think I know what you mean. If I'm not on the right track, please let me know.

Do you mean avatars whose arms and legs appear in positions similar to the ones below?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As you've found out, it's not possible to do that using the default poses found in dress up. People are achieving that movement through the use of items that have arm mod and leg mod poses. Those items replace the legs and arms of the actual avatar to make it look as if they're doing those movements.

Sad to say, most of these items come from the Cash Shop so are very expensive. I'd say the easiest way to search for them is to use http://tektek.org/dream_avatar/
For arms, go to Clothes > Shirts Tops > Arm Poses
For legs, go to Clothes > Bottoms or Clothes > Shoes
(If that doesn't make sense, just let me know and I can explain that in more detail. I'm not sure how familiar you might be with Tektek.)

To get you started, there is a free item that makes you talk on a cell phone: [Griefstache] (This is the grant link for that item.)

I see that you have an animal base right now. There are [animal] items that modify arms and legs also, but I don't know of any free items that do that. Tektek also only has human bases so you can't search for [animal] items using the method above. (Animal bases are rather new.)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Bombopomp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:43 am
That is exactly what I meant! Thank you so much! 3nodding
This tektek place looks amazing biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 am
Bombopomp
That is exactly what I meant! Thank you so much! 3nodding
This tektek place looks amazing biggrin

You're welcome! n .n
Have fun exploring Tektek. It is pretty amazing. o: Most users use that tool to plan out their dream outfits. The NSTG has a very detailed guide about Tektek: [link].
Tektek is missing quite a few of the newer Gaia items. Gaia's updating too quickly for them to keep up.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items