Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
urgent but not dire.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:31 am
I am requesting prayer. I have met someone who desire's as I do. love, but my emotions and petty lust come to bother me. I will be praying for my salvation against this lie of the enemy but I ask that you pray for me as well to resist this temptation to live as I am meant to live according to the teachings of Christ, My anger my lust my pride.....all these things and more have been separating me from Christ and I wish for salvation from them. please pray for my strength and my passion and dedication to God to overpower the petty filth of sins that my mind desires.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:05 am
I suggest looking into your motives for your desire. If they are purely for God and Christ, then there should be no lust or anything not of God and should match what is in scripture. I will pray for you, but you must take the action God leads you to take.  

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 pm
such is not true. you will always have feelings and desires even if it is God's plan. it up to you to honor the God given gift with your control. that is what I am asking for prayer on  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:27 pm
kesuke uchiha
such is not true. you will always have feelings and desires even if it is God's plan. it up to you to honor the God given gift with your control. that is what I am asking for prayer on

Keisuke, are you looking for a prayer for temperance, right?  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Tsur
kesuke uchiha

Keisuke, are you looking for a prayer for temperance, right?
.....um...no...I do not drink...at all....ever...
what I am asking....is for prayer...I believe this girl is the one that I have been guided to. God has given me many signs. I ask for prayer on both that she IS the one....and prayer for me to help control myself not to betray my chivalry and honor to God or as a gentleman  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm
Yes, I understand. I meant temperance in self-control and self restraint, not in the case of alcohol, but in our passions. Yeah, I can pray. smile  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm
kesuke uchiha

How am I wrong in saying "I suggest looking into your motives for your desire. If they are purely for God and Christ, then there should be no lust or anything not of God and should match what is in scripture. I will pray for you, but you must take the action God leads you to take." when the Bible should be leading us in what actions we should take? If you want prayer to make something wrong to be right I won't do it. If you want prayer for guidance, I will pray for you. Either way I will pray that God will guide you in what path He has chosen for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 pm
2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:24 pm
Angelus1987
kesuke uchiha

How am I wrong in saying "I suggest looking into your motives for your desire. If they are purely for God and Christ, then there should be no lust or anything not of God and should match what is in scripture. I will pray for you, but you must take the action God leads you to take." when the Bible should be leading us in what actions we should take? If you want prayer to make something wrong to be right I won't do it. If you want prayer for guidance, I will pray for you. Either way I will pray that God will guide you in what path He has chosen for you.
I objected because you implied that I sought this woman out for base lusts.
I found her by following God's will and I am asking for prayer that those lusts do not interfere with God's will  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games