Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder Oriental Campaign [Now Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

okay, going with the Samurai. Posting her profile. I'll have back story fleshed out asap.

Hikari Yoritomo, Wandering Ronin

You can only afford a +1 weapon right now due to the spending limit. later on you can spend the additional 6,000gp at a shrine to upgrade it.

you seem to have forgotten about the human's bonus skill point at each level.

by my calculations, your HP should be 32, not 55

also, there's the favored class bonus. for each level of samurai you take, you get 1 HP or 1 skill point

original HP ws set to 30, then 35 with my 5 levels of favoured class. Must have done averages wrong. I'll change it to 37. As for the money, isnt a +1 1 or 2k, +8k to make it keen? I'd be dumping it all into one item, but I'd be fine with that... 500 other casual costs? Or did I do my math wrong once again?

I know he had it, because I read it earlier and it is hinted at in section of arms and armor, but can't seem to refind it. I do believe he had a ruling that you can't spend more than half your gold on a single item.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:46 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

okay, going with the Samurai. Posting her profile. I'll have back story fleshed out asap.

Hikari Yoritomo, Wandering Ronin

You can only afford a +1 weapon right now due to the spending limit. later on you can spend the additional 6,000gp at a shrine to upgrade it.

you seem to have forgotten about the human's bonus skill point at each level.

by my calculations, your HP should be 32, not 55

also, there's the favored class bonus. for each level of samurai you take, you get 1 HP or 1 skill point

original HP ws set to 30, then 35 with my 5 levels of favoured class. Must have done averages wrong. I'll change it to 37. As for the money, isnt a +1 1 or 2k, +8k to make it keen? I'd be dumping it all into one item, but I'd be fine with that... 500 other casual costs? Or did I do my math wrong once again?

I know he had it, because I read it earlier and it is hinted at in section of arms and armor, but can't seem to refind it. I do believe he had a ruling that you can't spend more than half your gold on a single item.

ooh, okay. I can change it then.
Didnt see any ruling like that either.  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:24 am
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

I don't think you get your favored class bonus at level 1.

Bleh, you're right, my brain's just all over the place right now, disregard that

No worries.

Another question for you: This tankard. Would I be able to get this as an ancestral item rather than as a weapon?

Well the price is over the spending limit. Were you proposing to start out with a weaker version of the item, and then pay the difference later to 'level it up?'

Thinking more on the lines of having it start out as an inherited item from my family, and have its potential unlocked throughout the campaign. Just wanted to run it by you before I add it.

My apologies, I thought I had responded to this already.

That's fine. Pay 1,000gp for it right now. It will grant the +1 to Fortitude and Will, and will have its ability to fill with alcohol once per day which can be drunk to gain 'Remove Fear.'

The rest can be unlocked later.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:34 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
First going to ask, if I can build a Blood God Disciple Synthesist Summoner?

Second, If the first gets an okay, Can I take Natural Spell, to allow me to cast somatic spells as a quadruped or Serpentine? Or am I stuck with a biped build?

That should be fine, and I'll allow you to use Natural Spell for that. Sorry again for the delay, I thought I had already answered these.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 pm
iLL iNTENT
Southern Cross Nemesis
First going to ask, if I can build a Blood God Disciple Synthesist Summoner?

Second, If the first gets an okay, Can I take Natural Spell, to allow me to cast somatic spells as a quadruped or Serpentine? Or am I stuck with a biped build?

That should be fine, and I'll allow you to use Natural Spell for that. Sorry again for the delay, I thought I had already answered these.

Does armors fall under the same limit as weapons? I mean, can only be +1 or can they be +2?

And would you mind if I link mine with one or two other's characters? If they agree as well...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:45 am
iLL iNTENT

edits made

Sheet
Gold is spaced out a bit more over a few more items  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:30 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
Still need to flesh a few things out (like pick a different name as I will be using a different archetype, equipment, and fluff), but before I go further, just need to make sure it mechanically makes sense.

Kardrun of the Brewers

All set. Just gonna add mundane items and do the fluff.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 am
Could I play a dwarf barbarian from this world's equivalent of Mongolia? Since the Mongols back in the day were short, fairly stocky people who did a lot of fighting and murdering, with decently awesome beards (just more narrow than bushy) I feel like dwarves on horseback wouldn't be too much of a stretch.  

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:27 am
HrmHrmHrm  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 pm
Apologies for the impromptu disappearance

First I was having some connectivity issues, and now there's holiday craziness going on. I'll be doing final reviews on all received character sheets and by Monday I'll put in a request for our subforum.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm
The Party Gimp
Could I play a dwarf barbarian from this world's equivalent of Mongolia? Since the Mongols back in the day were short, fairly stocky people who did a lot of fighting and murdering, with decently awesome beards (just more narrow than bushy) I feel like dwarves on horseback wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Sounds interesting, go ahead and take a crack at it if you like  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:45 pm
iLL iNTENT
Apologies for the impromptu disappearance

First I was having some connectivity issues, and now there's holiday craziness going on. I'll be doing final reviews on all received character sheets and by Monday I'll put in a request for our subforum.

welcome back, and cant wait!
in case you missed it, i put the edits in. spread my gold out instead of dumping it into one item along with other hot fixes sweatdrop  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm
I deleted mine post, as I will back out of this game. The idea I did have lost it's interest, as I thought how overpowered it was compared to the other characters.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:26 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I deleted mine post, as I will back out of this game. The idea I did have lost it's interest, as I thought how overpowered it was compared to the other characters.

As OP as a drunken monk who doesn't do any sort of negotiating to get extra Ki, and also Barkskin?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers