Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
The story behind your username Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:06 am
▅▅▅ ▅ ▅

Hi folks. Something I've noticed with Gaia are the incredible/funny/creative usernames people come up with.
So to get to know you (& because I'm nosy), I was wondering if any of you would care to share the story behind your username?

My username was inspired by Metroid Prime 3 (sky city Elysia) and one of the wizards (Master Windkey) of The Earthsea Quartet. Bit random, but that's the truth c:
▅ ▅ ▅▅▅

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:47 am
Cool idea for a thread! I've never played that game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_3:_Corruption) but I wiki-ed it sweatdrop . It looks like a lot of fun.

My username's origin is pretty simple haha. My favorite mixed drink is a gin and tonic. Gin gets its flavor predominately from juniper berries and tonic is just sweet seltzer water xd . Hence, my username is junipersweet, haha. Just call me Juni though biggrin  

Junipersweet

Tipsy Tipper

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:32 pm
Used to play an MMO called City of Heroes. Chaos Reclaimer was my favorite character I made. Hence the homage to him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:32 pm
My username's origin came from the game League of legend and her name is Diana Scorn of the moon who is my inspiration to my daily life; i often play LoL sometimes and i like it :3 :3 :3  

Revengeful Assassin

Loyal Spirit

5,000 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • The Wolf Within 100

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:13 am
Junipersweet

Thank you c:
It is a pretty cool game, I must have lost several days of my life to the Metroid series sweatdrop
& I totally see how you name works! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 am
Chaos Reclaimer

Nice! c: I've never played that - worth a go?  

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:23 am
Madine Scorn of the Moon
My username's origin came from the game League of legend and her name is Diana Scorn of the moon who is my inspiration to my daily life; i often play LoL sometimes and i like it :3 :3 :3

Diana, judging by her name, sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing c:
(Nice avvie btw)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 am
Elysia Windbourne
Chaos Reclaimer

Nice! c: I've never played that - worth a go?

It was. Then they switched developers and shut the servers down, the new developers bought all rights to any sequels and refuse to make anything of it. .-.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:55 pm

If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Someone in CB once upon a time called me a sarcastic d**k, and well, the name was birthed from that.
My first/banned account was xbeyondxsavingx, and it came from someone in a church telling me that even Jesus couldn't save me.

If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I was trying to think of a new handle, and saw the glow in the dark skeleton wall-clings left up from Hallowe'en, and thought "glowing skeleton?"
But it had been taken on that particular site and so I thought that "glowing remains" sounded cooler.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So here I am! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. No cool backstory, oh well.

soft smol strawbee

Naughty Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Expert Skill 150

iPoopMAGIC

Anxious Bunny

16,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 pm
I speak the truth about myself. I found it the most appealing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 am
Elysia Windbourne
Madine Scorn of the Moon

Diana, judging by her name, sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing c:
(Nice avvie btw)

why thank you madamoiselle :3  

Revengeful Assassin

Loyal Spirit

5,000 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • The Wolf Within 100

Bombopomp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:50 am
Well Mario games have these Bomb-o-bombs (I think that's how they're spelled) but since that nick and several variations were taken... My nick was born biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:59 am
My real name is Letitia, which means "Joy" or "Gladness" in Latin.
I have sort of made joy my goal in life, both for myself and for those around me.

Roses represent love and beauty, both things that bring me joy (and also my middle name when I was born was "Rose") so - I guess you can thank my parents for my username. lol  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Izzy Derp

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:58 am
I was playing Zomg with some friends I and I would space out watching Doctor who in the middle of a run. They said I should change my name to Doctor Derp but it was taken. So I made a mule and named it Doctor Izzy Derp. Than changed my main to Izzy Derp.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff