Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour ~ Open ~ (Now Hiring) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour was a shop that sold ice-cream. Located in North Side, Diagon Alley, the Parlour was owned and operated by Florean Fortescue before he disappeared in 1996. It has changed hands several times since, finally coming into the posession of Rose Hall. The Parlour is a small shop with places to sit down inside, and a small area outside with a bunch of tables and chairs. Inside, there can be found lots of colourful ice-cream on display.

Owner: Rose Hall
Assistants: None yet

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:21 pm
Ice Cream
════════════════════════

Flavors:
Natural Vanilla
Chocolate
French Vanilla
Neapolitan
Butter Pecan
Mint Chocolate Chip
Natural Strawberry
Extra Creamy Vanilla
Rocky Road
Cherry Vanilla
Homemade Vanilla
Cookies & Cream
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Coffee
Peach
Vanilla & Chocolate
Chocolate Chip
Vanilla Fudge Twirl
Extra Creamy Chocolate
Black Raspberry Chocolate
Butter Almond
Caramel Praline Crunch
Summer Berry Cobbler
Mint
Cheesecake
Cake Batter

Single Dip - 4 Sickles, 6 Knuts
Double Dip - 8 Sickles, 12 Knuts

Dish or Cone available (Waffle cones cost an additional 25 Knuts)

Frozen Yoghurt
════════════════════════

Flavors:
Vanilla
Chocolate
Country vanilla
Red velvet
Lemon
Peach
Orange
Mango
Rasberry
Tart Cherry

Single Dip - 4 Sickles, 6 Knuts
Double Dip - 8 Sickles, 12 Knuts

Dish or Cone available (Waffle cones cost an additional 25 Knuts)

Ice Cream Sodas
════════════════════════

In a frosted soda glass your choice of flavoring syrup and a little whipped cream. Next, a hard stream of soda water; then two scoops of our real ice cream

Soda Flavors:
Chocolate
Strawberry
Cherry
Old Fashioned Nectar
Lemon
Rootbeer
Lime
Vanilla
Pineapple
Orange
Ice Cream Soda - 4 Sickles, 18 Knuts

Milkshakes
════════════════════════

Choice of flavor, fresh milk and real ice cream

Milkshakes - 5 Sickles, 1 Knut
Malted Milk - Extra 10 Knuts

Made with real malt powder

Banana Split
════════════════════════

Three scoops of ice cream . . . vanilla, chocolate and strawberry between a split banana with toppings of chocolate, marshmallow and strawberry, crowned with maraschino cherries, whipped cream and chopped nuts.

Banana Split - 9 Sickles, 8 Knuts

Sundaes
════════════════════════

Your choice of ice cream with whipped cream, maraschino cherry and chopped mixed nuts or old fashioned salted peanuts in a bowl or waffle bowl.

Toppings:
Chocolate
Strawberry
Pineapple
Peanut Butter
Raspberry
Marshmallow
Butterscotch
Hot Fudge
Hot Carmel
Hundreds and thousands

Single Dip - 5 Sickles, 26 Knuts
Double Dip - 7 Sickles, 17 Knuts

Extra Topping on Sundae additional charge of 3 Knuts each.

Other Desserts
════════════════════════

In addition to our delicious ice cream creations, we have a variety of homemade desserts. Check to see what is available.

Homemade Pies and Cakes - 8 Sickles, 12 Knuts
Served Ala Mode - Additional 2 Sickles

Cookies - 3 Sickles, 23 Knuts

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:59 pm
User Image

User Image
"Honesty is being blunt,
being blunt is right.
Never back down from a fight,
let your courage and wisdom make you right.

Lin walked into the ice cream parlor. She had heard from her dad that it was quite delicious. Though he did warn her about the mud-bloods and half-borns that supposedly plagued the place.

Not that Lin cared much about blood, she thought people had learned their lesson from that since it produced Voldemort.

Sighing some she looked at her brother who was being held by her, he could walk....but he was being a bit stubborn at the moment, "Hmm...Do you want ice cream too?" Her brother nodded which made her smile some, she was usually stoic, since she had learned that from her mother who was as traditionally Chinese as they come.

Walking up to the counter she tilted her head as she read the flavors, "...I'll have a Mint single dip ice cream please?" She then stared at her brother, "And a strawberry Milkshake for the young one."

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hmm..."
I'm in the house of Unknown
I am a proud first year
My puppeteer says "...Introducing Lin~" Out of character.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 pm
User Image

User Image
"Be great,
Be you,
Be awesome,
Be yourself.

When his sister had brought him to an ice cream shop, he was confused. He never really got any when he was at home, their parents believed in healthy food, so if they knew Lin was doing this....they'd probably be angry.

Harold didn't like angry. It was bad. Right? It felt bad at least.

When she ordered him something with strawberries, he perked up, he wasn't a big fan of sugary things, but strawberries were good. So what she got him was good, right?

He then clung tighter to her.

I feel curious you know?
My inner thoughts are, "...?"
I'm a Squib
My puppeteer says Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:18 pm
User Image
ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sweet at Florean Fortescue'sspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Lin and Haroldspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Finally out of that stupid house...' spacespac

❦ ❦ ❦ 'I don't know where everyone goes; It's not like us to follow.
It seems that we are alone, and don't know where to go.'
❦ ❦ ❦
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone entered the ice cream shop with a scowl on her face; this was the first time she'd been out of the house in weeks. Which wouldn't have been so bad, if it were her family home, since her family home was huge and she had what amounted to a small wing all to herself... but it wasn't. Ever since her grandfather had tried to murder Ava (which she still couldn't wrap her head around, try as she might), they'd been staying with her father's friend Belle, who was nice enough when she wasn't snapping at Antony. Seph didn't really have a problem with the blonde... just with her home. In that it was small. Too small for all of them to be cooped up in it. Her father was trying to work on finding a new place for them to live, but he was paranoid that Lysandar would hunt them down and try to finish what he'd started. So, Ava was basically on house arrest.. and so was she. Not because he feared for her life, oh, no. Because he was worried her grandfather would kidnap her... and corrupt her. Seph had gotten a lot smarter over the last couple of years, had figured a lot of things out... she finally understood why her grandparents thought something was wrong with Ava, though she didn't agree with it, and why they thought muggles were basically scum... which she also didn't agree with. It was stupid, and small-minded... she'd lost a lot of respect for them all over the past couple of weeks. She sighed. Her life had gotten awfully complicated lately... which was exactly why she needed out of that tiny flat. She needed fresh air! She needed space to think! And... well, when wasn't there a time that called for ice cream?

spaceThat in mind, she waited behind the pair who were already in the shop, eyeing the choices with interest. It all sounded rather good... her hand in her coat pocket closed around the coins she'd swiped from her father's pouch a week ago, her promise to herself that. yes, she would sneak out, dammit! She would go out and do something! She'd nearly had a panic attack when she'd stepped into the fireplace... but she'd gone all the same, determined. Feeling brave, and unusually indulgent, she decided she wanted a banana split... Ava wasn't here to say no, after all! She loved her cousin, but he never let her have any fun when it came to sweets. She waited patiently; it wasn't like she was worried she'd be found, after all. Her father would hardly expect her to come here.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❦ ❦ ❦ 'But I'm safe right here. We know we are.
                                                          And it's kind of scary thinking of what is out there...'
                                                          ❦ ❦ ❦

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:23 pm
User Image
                                                Can't help if I space in a daze,
                                                My eyes tune out the other way,
                                                I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Ħʊḟḟℓ℮℘υḟḟ Åʟüмηḯ || ℳüℊℊłℯßøяη || ϴωηℯя øḟ ℉ℓ◎ґ℮αη ℱøґтℯṧ¢ʊℯ'ṧ

════════════════════════

Rose had been taking some sweets from the back of the store when she heard someone enter the shop. Smiling brightly, she walked up to the cpunter and placed the tray of fresh cookies down before leaning over to look at the young kids. Man, they were smaler than she remembered she was at that age. Then again, that might be the height difference. Listening to their order, she nodded. "Single dip Mint, right? Would you like a cone or a dish of that? And one strawberry shake? Got it." She quickly went to work to start the milkshake while she waited for the girl to make a decision on what she preferred to have her ice cream served in.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Customers!
                                                Taken With: Chantale Ellis
                                                OOC: ...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

In this head my thoughts are deep,
                                                But sometimes I can't even speak,
                                                Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Bubo and Peaches

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:28 pm
User Image

User Image
"Honesty is being blunt,
being blunt is right.
Never back down from a fight,
let your courage and wisdom make you right.

Lin waited for her order to be taken, when she noticed someone else come in. Another girl? Was she a first year too? Should she speak to her? That was when the lady tending the stand spoke up, "I'll have the ice cream in a dish please." Lin then felt her brother squirm in her arms, so she put him down so he could relax some, "You can go find our seat if you want dear brother."

Lin then made room for the girl behind her, "Oh, you can go now. Sorry about that."

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hmm..."
I'm in the house of Unknown
I am a proud first year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:30 pm
User Image

User Image
"Be great,
Be you,
Be awesome,
Be yourself.

When his sister put him down and told him to go find a seat, Harold giggled, "Otay big sis!" He then looked up curiously at the girl behind them, "..........Hello." He said in a soft and quiet voice.

He then nodded and went to find a seat near the window, he wanted to see outside!

I feel curious you know?
My inner thoughts are, ".....Snow?"
I'm a Squib
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:24 pm
User Image
User Image

My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy walked into the ice cream parlor with a sense of pride and purpose. This was the first few times he had been allowed on Diagon by himself without sneaking out like a certain older sister of his. He loved Tanya, forever and truly, but his sister could really learn subtlety once in a while. After her stint to Hogsmeade, their mum hadn't even allowed them to be in the backyard, not even for laundry! Today though he had begged and pleaded his case long and hard even giving her a makeshift map and itinerary of what stores he was going to go two, how long he should take in each store, and what he was going to do. He had already stopped by Whizz Hard Books to say hello to Mr. Gearvin before popping over to the bookstore because a new book in one of his favorite series had come out and he wanted to buy it with some of his birthday money. His Mum had offered to get it herself but he had told her that since it was to come out after his birthday that she should just give him a voucher or money so he could get it himself. She then spent a full ten minutes hugging and kissing him saying how proud of the little man he was becoming. He thinks he might have lost air around the fourth minute of the suffocation hug. The book was now snug inside his favorite Spiderman backpack along with a few other things and after he bought it he was happily surprised to see that he had some change left over for a little treat while the rest was reserved for his sister's birthday present. Timothy saw three other people, kids really, already ahead of him in line and quietly stepped behind the blonde girl. The two in front of her looked to maybe be related but he didn't want it to seem like he was staring so he didn't. When the little boy went by and said hello to the girl (because surely it wasn't to him since he just got there) he had a hard time not smiling at how cute the little kid was and then inwardly sighed. He wouldn't mind a little brother or sister of his own...but he supposed if his Mum and Mr. Gearvin finally "got the lead out" (as his eloquent sister put) he might get one by his second or third year! That thought alone brought a small grin to his face and small ideas of what his make believe siblings might be like as he waited for his turn in line.

After the all commotion [wearing]
Ruffle and rustle, [Florean Fortescues]
Saw I silence, [People]
All quiet and silently [Getting a treat]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:45 pm
User Image
ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sweet at Florean Fortescue'sspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Lin and Haroldspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Finally out of that stupid house...' spacespac

❦ ❦ ❦ 'I don't know where everyone goes; It's not like us to follow.
It seems that we are alone, and don't know where to go.'
❦ ❦ ❦
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone blinked as the brunette in front at the front of the line moved aside and addressed her. She wasn't really used to people talking to her... typically when in Diagon Alley, she was with her grandfather, who tended to scare people away. And, out in Muggle London, with Ava, her older cousin was always very protective of her... probably because he'd known what would happen if he'd let her get hurt. She couldn't imagine Lysandar reacting very well to that. Not that such things were an issue now... she frowned a bit at the reminder, then shook her head lightly. "Thank you," she said, inclining her head a moment before tilting her nose upwards, ever so slightly. Well, even with the recent upheaval to her life, she was still a Tempest, after all. She offered the young boy a wave, nose wrinkling slightly in confusion as he greeted her. The blonde then turned to the red-haired girl behind the counter, and, with a polite smile, said, "I would like a banana split, please." The words sounded strange coming from such a young girl, too mature. It was how she'd been raised, after all. She very rarely got to really be a child. She glanced over her shoulder as someone walked up behind her, seeing that it was another child about their age, a boy. She hadn't ever really been around children her own age before... it was... odd. Even though they weren't really interacting. She took the money from her pocket and counted out the amount required for the ice cream and placed it on the counter with a small smile. She'd never bought anything for herself before... it felt oddly... liberating. Even if it was her father's money. Which she'd stolen. Oh, well.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❦ ❦ ❦ 'But I'm safe right here. We know we are.
                                                          And it's kind of scary thinking of what is out there...'
                                                          ❦ ❦ ❦

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 am
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Fifteen Years Old
Fifth Year

User Image

'Ugh,' he rolled his eyes and stormed through the quaint little shop. His eyes a dark storm of blues and grays. 'Alek and Vlad must've gone bloody mad, well ha! Serves them right.' The Russian monologue blew away any other thoughts he had. He had just left his older brother and cousin behind; he wouldn't have cared if it was just Alek, but Vlad had to come along. Who the hell else was going to apparate them to Diagon Alley (Alek never even wanted to try to see if the floo system would work for him, the big dolt.) And their other cousin, Nadya, was already at St. Mungo's for the day. Dmitri couldn't wait for the day that Vlad's owl came bearing a time and place for one last final interview. Vlad was... different. A cruel sort of different. It was the only way to explain why else he would willingly chase after the position that literally does nothing but execute magical creatures—dangerous or not, it's still a little bloody twisted. His escape was narrow and would probably be short lived, but for now, he just hoped that neither of the Kamenev's would find him here.

Ever since he confronted that Gryffindor, Vlad and Alek hadn't let him out of their sights. Hell, it was just weird. But it couldn't be worse than discovering you have another cousin out there, except this time, he's a ******** street rat of a halfblood, Gryffindor too. Neither of his parents, nor his aunt and uncle, would be pleased. It had always been known that Ivanna ran across the pond, somewhere in the States. None had been the wiser of the boy; odd too, because if he was in Hogwarts it had to mean he was born here. So had Aunt Ivanna decidedly returned? Or did she never leave in the first place?

The dark cloud thundered in his mind as he stepped up to the counter, ordered himself a cherry ice cream soda and plopped down in a seat in utter silence. Every once in a while, he leaned forward with his chest pressed against the table to sip on his drink through its straw. His dark head of curls shadowed his features and his shoulders sagged. He had grown over his fourth year, and in a few short weeks of summer it shot him upward three inches and his chin was darkened with the stubble of a patchy beard that couldn't really grow in just yet. His voice felt awkward too, sometimes it was low, sometimes it would break an octave and hit a high note that literally made him cringe. Bloody puberty....

Pomegranate Noir
                          5’6” and 131lbs
                          //Translations://

User Image

Grespeciatto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:38 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Curupay Wood with a Pixie Wing Core, Pliable and Bent
Blood: three-quarters magical
Upcoming 1st Year

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ah," Benjamin said with a smile at Timothy's response as they headed to the nearby icecream shop and entered inside. "I'm starting this year too. It's one of the reasons we moved back here about two years ago. Apparently I have some distant relatives or something attending right now, but it isn't really mentioned."

He shrugged and then asked a few questions quickly, before pausing realizing it would probably take Timothy a minute to answer, "What house is your sister in? Do you want to be in the same house? Or another one?"

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy stepped inside the ice cream parlor and immediately sniffed the air of the sweet smells coming out of the kitchen. He loved that the owner didn't just do ice creams but also cakes and cookies as well, he mainly loved it because it always smelled amazing in the store. He nodded as Benjamin spoke to show that he was paying attention then blinked at the rapid fired questions. Giving a silent chuckle he wrote his responses then passed him the notebook while he perused the menu for which flavor he would want the soda in. "She's in Gryffindor and not really. It seems really nice but I'm not one to jump head first into things, I'll probably go into Ravenclaw. That house is for the ones that are like super smart and really creative. Not that the other houses aren't smart or creative! That house just shows it better I suppose."

After the all commotion, [Casual]
Ruffle and rustle, [Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor]
Saw I silence, [Seymour]
All quiet and silently [Conversing and getting ice cream]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:27 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Curupay Wood with a Pixie Wing Core, Pliable and Bent
Blood: three-quarters magical
Upcoming 1st Year

-----------------------------------------------------------

Seymour chuckled at Timothy's answer and said, "Oh, I know. My Mum got some pretty impressive grades when she was in school and she was a Slytherin. My Dad is the former Gryffindor. I'll be happy probably as long as I'm not placed in a house that has a reputation for studying and academics, no offense." He ended quickly. Looking up at the menu considering if he would go with ice cream or something like cookies instead. Then again ice cream made most sense for the summer, and especially since the place was an ice cream parlor.

"Of course, like I said Mum was a Slytherin and she's fairly serious about academics and studying and what not and isn't that supposed to be more of a Ravenclaw thing? Actually Mum's kind of scary about academics and studying," Seymour said with a shrug as he decided on an Icecream Soda in his head and then asked Timothy. "Figure out what you want?"

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy grinned and shook his head to show that no offense had been taken. He also chuckled at Benjamin as spoke about his mother's love of academics in an almost frightening sense, he and Tanya would probably get along somewhat. Although she had her specific subjects that she studied that almost scared him with her intensity. When asked about what he was ordering he nodded having figured it out earlier before he even entered the bookstore but wrote it down for his (friend?) anyway. "I've been wanting to try the Icecream Soda and I'm thinking of having it in strawberry. What about you?"

After the all commotion, [Casual]
Ruffle and rustle, [Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor]
Saw I silence, [Seymour]
All quiet and silently [Conversing and getting ice cream]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers